Mandalay

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Mandalay, Myanmar

by MJTRAVELS Online Now Jul 18, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Can you see Mandalay, Myanmar in one day? What is the most economical and safe place to stay there for one night in August?

1 Answer Jul 18, 2014 at 11:51 AM
    • dhammatraveller's Profile Photo

where to go for a few extra days

by dhammatraveller Online Now Oct 26, 2013 at 5:55 PM

I have a few days in Yangon at the end of a trip I am taking to Burma. I will have already spen enough time in Yangon, so I am trying to decide what to do with that time. I am thinking if Inle Lake or Bagan...any suggestions about which would be better? I have never particulalrly enjoyed very touristy places, which both of those seem to be...are they worth a visit anyway? I have spent lots of time in India, adn really my favorite times have been wandering into villages and hanging out with kids. ANy suggestions?

4 Answers Oct 28, 2013 at 10:26 AM
    • Tipping the guide

by houseswapper Online Now Aug 30, 2013 at 11:19 PM

We are going on a tour for the first time with a guide. It has been suggested in our information that we should tip the guide which amounted to a reasonable amount at the end of the trip. It is a big company and I would prefer to have the cost worked out in the tour cost than be put in this position. Since our access to funds is limited in Myanmar and we do not want to have unnecessary currency in US or the currency of the country, I am not sure if and what to put aside.

8 Answers Sep 10, 2013 at 8:06 AM
    • Myanmar

by houseswapper Online Now Jun 2, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I am going to Myanmar on a tour in September. Is the current unrest something to be concerned about?
      Also the currency to take in view of a lack of ATMS.

8 Answers Sep 1, 2013 at 7:18 PM
    • On the hunt !

by DCtrekker1 Online Now Feb 8, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Planning a trip to Burma and Thailand next Feb. Just starting to plan the lodging part. Are there any special ***** or notable places to stay near Mandalay? Also, will be attempting to to find a replacement stone for a jadeite ring which I've worn for 25 years.. Imperial green. The stone popped out of the setting so can't think of a better way to replace it then with a memorable trip! Any ideas from the experts on either or both parts of this post.
      Many Thanks,
      Tom
      DCtrekker1

4 Answers Feb 11, 2011 at 5:29 AM
    • Hotel booking

by ChenLi Online Now Sep 12, 2007 at 9:44 PM

Can anyone suggest some alternative cheap and clean hotels in Mandalay and Bagan that have private shower and toilet please? thanks a lot!

6 Answers Sep 25, 2007 at 12:34 AM
    • Accommodation

by janetlee Online Now Dec 15, 2005 at 6:15 PM

Hi,

I together with 3 friends will go to Mandalay, Heho and Bagan in late January. We want to book budget but nice accomodation. However, I can't find their web sites. Can anyone help? The alternative is that we will look for the accomodation after we arrive. Will there be difficulty in having the accomodation without advance booking during such tourist peak season?

1 Answer Dec 16, 2005 at 9:19 AM
    • Train Travel

by mick719 Online Now Oct 3, 2005 at 7:22 PM

Hello there,

I would like to travel by train from Dhaka (Bangladesh) to Mandalay. Also by train from Mandalay to Chiang Mai (Thailand) is this possible? Iwould be grateful for any advice or information. Thank You.

3 Answers Oct 6, 2005 at 2:17 AM