Máncora Travel Answers

change location
Prinsalsita's Profile Photo

Need info in transportation to and from Mancora, Peru

by Prinsalsita Online Now Dec 20, 2004 at 3:10 PM

I am going to Mancora for New Year 2005 from Lima (only 3 days) and would like to take ck the cheapest and most effective way to go there. perhaps I will fly there and return via bus or viceversa. 1) Could you please help me with bus and airplane prices on: Lima - Trujillo trujillo - Mancora Mancora- Lima I understand the airlines sell the RT tickets as 2 times the single way tickets. 2) What airport is the closest to mancora (tumbes or piura airport?) and how much does it cost the taxi from the airport to Mancora city Any info on macora prices is welcome.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Re: Need info in transportation to and from Mancora, Peru

by Glospi Online Now Dec 20, 2004 at 10:21 PM

The closest airport to Máncora is TUMBES, located 83 kilometres north of town. The taxi ride should be US$ 30, maybe negotiable to as down as US$ 22 with both persistence, and good command of Spanish... Piura is 130 kilometres south of Mancora, a 2-hour taxi ride, and a non-negotiable US$ 50 fare (at least), which is hardly the same as you may pay for the LIM-TUM airfare. I'd consider the bus option as well; I recently travelled there from Lima by CIVA, at a mere US$ 12 one-way, on a fairly punctual and comfortable bus. Cruz del Sur had a similar service at more than twice CIVA's price, although the first level of the bus is available for passengers (unlike in similar CIVA buses, which carry passengers in the upper level only), at a slightly higher price, but the comfort is worth the few extra soles (I returned to Lima this way, as my weary bones claimed for it), and if I think that I could not pay for the same service here in Chile -where things are much more expensive than in Peru- I'm very satisfied with that. Then, hopping on a business-class seat of a widebody jet bound for Chile was no real difference with that Cruz del Sur bus. So you can gauge the comfort. Daniel

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Prinsalsita's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Need info in transportation to and from Mancora, Peru

by Prinsalsita Online Now Dec 20, 2004 at 10:56 PM

Mil gracias Daniel for you informative reply. do you know if there are buses from the airport to Mancora? what is the preferred packing list for mancora, or is everything attainable there for the same prices as lima? thank you again, Janett

• Re: Re: Need info in transportation to and from Mancora, Peru

by Glospi Online Now Dec 21, 2004 at 9:45 AM

There are small VW minibuses ("Kombis") that leave from Tumbes airport for Máncora; these match their schedules with those of the incoming flights, and ara availabla in Mancora for getting TO the airport as well. They're US$ 5 or less. Prices in Mancora are roughly the same as in Lima (as for October 2004), although film, videotape, certain kinds of batteries and the like may be hard(or impossible) to find there, and will be quite more expensive than in Lima or Piura. Budget accomodation in Mancora is cheaper and much better than in Lima. Daniel

• Re: Re: Need info in transportation to and from Mancora, Peru

by kursk119 Online Now Dec 22, 2004 at 6:24 PM

The best option to go from Lima to Mancora, province of Talara, PIURA, is by any of the formal Buses companies such as CdS, ORMEÑO, CIAL, (stations near clinica Ricardo Palma, in La Victoria) CIVA , FLores (station in 28 Julio Ave, Lima) prices can be from S/. 100 to S/. 250 Crus del Sur one WAY by plane from LIM to PIU and then with a taxi to Sanchez Cerro Avenue, and take the bus El Dorado prob 8 soles or 10 to Mancora, 3 hours

by Prinsalsita Online Now Dec 23, 2004 at 12:43 PM

thank you Daniel those were good tips, so I should load up on film. looking at the bus and plane prices, it seems that both are expensive at this time so I will ck on the cheapest bus option. Mil gracias de nuevo, Feliz Navidad, Janett

by Prinsalsita Online Now Dec 23, 2004 at 12:51 PM

te pasaste Kursk , mil gracias por tus datos. tambien me dijeron que los tickets de avion estan como en 186 usd RT asi que tendremos que ir en bus. tienes por siacaso el telefono de Cial y de Civa para averiguar cuanto esta el pasaje a mancora saliendo el 30 de Diciembre, y si hay espacio? Mil gracias a todos los VT que me escribieron dandome consejos, Felices fiestas navideñas y prospero año nuevo. Janett

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Máncora