Manaus

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Flights to Santa Isabel or Barcelos

by TrevallyBob Online Now Oct 10, 2014 at 6:07 AM

Can anybody tell me what it the cheapest flight to either Santa Isabel or Barcelos?

1 Answer Oct 10, 2014 at 9:08 AM
    • airport pickup

by yuhan Online Now Sep 11, 2014 at 12:30 AM

what is the safest and cheapest way to get from Manaus Airport to Tropical Manaus hotel at 1.00 am in the morning.

2 Answers Nov 19, 2014 at 4:29 AM
    • Ayahuasca ceremony

by LuFunk Online Now Aug 18, 2014 at 5:02 PM

hey my friends,

I cantact you because of Ayahuasca.
      My name is Alex and I´m new here.
      19.08 is my flight to Manaus.
      Then I have eight days time to do a boad trip in the west and back.
      I hope to find a kind of indigenous Indian tribe who offer Ayahuasca ceremonies.
      I´m traveling with two friends.
      They will spend the time with my but I will be the only one who takes Ayahuasca.

I hope you can help me.

1 Answer Aug 18, 2014 at 5:36 PM
    • Fishing for peacock bass

by Dagnat Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 11:50 PM

I want to do a day trip fishing in the amazonas for peacock bass. I'm currently in Manaus but having a hard time finding a fishing tour. Anya phone numbers and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

1 Answer Jun 24, 2014 at 6:21 AM
    • How to get to Manaus

by ZLaHaye Online Now May 9, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Hey,
      So a few friends and I are planning on traveling to Manaus this summer from Goiania, is there any cheap ways to get there? The flights are about $400 a pop at the cheapest and even that is out of our budget. Is it possible to catch a flight to a bus or anything like that?

2 Answers May 9, 2014 at 3:25 PM
    • current info. Website is 2008

by hseamush Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Has anyone made the trip recently from Manaus to guayana city.
      Also any knowledge about flights from Manaus to same or caracus without having to go back to Sao Paulo or Panama city.
      Help would be appreciated.

• Where NOT to stay in Manaus?

by ajmartin118 Online Now Mar 4, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Hi,

I'm looking at hiring an apartment during the world cup in Manaus with a few mates. We have narrowed it down to two places and just wanted to see which area would be better (i.e. not a slum and with good access to bars, etc).

One is in Cachoeirinha (to the east of CBD), and the other is near Arena Amadeu Teixeira (to northwest of CBD and just to the west of the FIFA stadium). Which of these areas would be better to stay at?

We want a nice neighbourhood where there are good pubs/bars, close to public transport.

We don't want to get an apartment that is in the middle of nowhere or in a slum.

Cheers

2 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 3:30 PM
    • monkeygoblin's Profile Photo

Belém to Peru

by monkeygoblin Online Now Feb 3, 2014 at 6:29 PM

To the experts of Manaus!...

I'm looking for a little advice on amazonian travel. My girlfriend and I are looking to make our way in from Belém to Manaus, then on again to Peru a few days later.

Instead of being boring old souls we are interested in something of an amazonian adventure along the river.

So how about it? Is boat travel from Belém a completely idiotic thing to consider? What are the logistics in terms of time, cost, comfort? We dont mind roughing somewhat, and time (as opposed to money) is something we have plenty of, which is why we think it may be both more fun and moneysaving than flying directly.

Any advice or any links to companies who provide any such boat services, would be greatly appreciated.

After Manaus we would be looking to move on to Leticia and Iquitos.

All the best

Matt and Emma

15 Answers Aug 24, 2014 at 2:03 PM
    • Lima to Manaus

by kttravelbug Online Now Dec 1, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I'm traveling in South America this summer and am starting out in Lima. I need to get to Manaus from Lima within a two day period max. The quicker/ cheaper the trip the better. Any suggestions? Please help!! Thanks :)

3 Answers Dec 3, 2013 at 1:04 PM
    • Car ferry to Peru?

by alekseynp Online Now Sep 30, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Are there boats that can take me AND my small car from Manaus to Peru? Iquitos? If so, how much time and money are we talking?

3 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 3:27 PM
    • Malaria Medication

by MelMel03 Online Now May 11, 2012 at 4:24 PM

My 2 teenage daughters are going on a mission trip with their youth group next month (mid June) for 10 days. We went to the pediatrician today to get their regular immunizations taken care of. While their I asked for a script for malaria and typhoid. I was told by the youth group leader they would need Malaria pills, Typhoid pills or and yellow fever immunization. So today the doctor gives me a script for Atovaquone. But she didn't write the strength on it. Also they would have to take it 4 times a day. It would be 200 and some dollars for the lesser strength and 530.00 for the stronger one. I was told by one of the other mom's that she got her daugther the once a day medication but she couldn't remember which one and she has Kaiser so her cost would be different.

So I am wondering should I ask for a different prescription and if so which one? Wondering which one is the least expensive, least side effects, and easiest to take, and would hopefully only have to be taken once a day. Our insurance does not cover travel medications/immunizations. The least expensive yellow fever I could find was at Walgreens for 125.00 a piece.

Any help is much appreciated!

16 Answers May 13, 2012 at 12:37 PM
    • ElisabethC's Profile Photo

Manaus trip May 2012

by ElisabethC Online Now Mar 25, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Hi,

I have booked a flight to Manaus from the 4th until the 10th of May. Should I already make reservations for a hostel and jungle tours up front? Is the city of Manaus itself worthwile visiting? Or should I go straight to a jungle lodge?

All tips are very appreciated!

Thanks,

Elisabeth

5 Answers Dec 19, 2012 at 7:49 AM
    • oromer's Profile Photo

Jungle lodge in Manaus

by oromer Online Now Dec 8, 2011 at 11:50 AM

we (60+ couple) are looking for a package of lodge and tours in Amazona's area around Manaus. We'll be there form February 15 to Februay 18. Any Tips?
      Thank you

2 Answers Dec 15, 2011 at 12:33 PM
    • taxi from the airport to Park Suites

by vickyjf44 Online Now Oct 30, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Can someone tell me how much is taxi fare from the airport to Park Suite hotel ?

1 Answer Oct 31, 2011 at 3:01 PM
    • Manaus tours

by suzy74 Online Now Oct 8, 2011 at 7:57 PM

We will be in Manaus for one day on a cruise ship. Is there such a thing as a safe and inexpensive local tour, or should we use the tours offered by the cruise line? What is the best way to see the area in a short time?

4 Answers Dec 19, 2012 at 4:18 AM
    • Manaus concern

by vickyjf44 Online Now Oct 6, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Hi, we are taking a cruiseship sailing from Manaus, however I have read about the insects -Mosquitos and I'm wondering do those also exist in the city, as we will be in the city for 2 days. also I would like your recommendation for day tours companies and a 4 star hotel
      Your reply will be appreciated

4 Answers Oct 12, 2011 at 8:12 AM
    • World Cup, Soccer!

by msptom Online Now Jun 23, 2011 at 8:57 PM

I am researching for 2014 World Cup locations and hear they are building a new soccer stadium in Manaus? Also, are there airline connections from Peru directly to Manaus or multi-stop flights? Bus trips from Puerto Maldonado, Peru to Manaus? Thank you!

3 Answers Jul 24, 2011 at 3:12 PM
    • Search for Partners!

by mayashamir1 Online Now Feb 20, 2011 at 8:33 AM

Hi my name is Maya, at 11.3 I have a flight from salvador to Manaus and I'm looking for a partner for the flight or someone that is Already in Manaus and will join me to sail on the Amazon.
      my mail is: mayashamir1@gmail.com

1 Answer Feb 20, 2011 at 8:34 AM
    • kayak hire

by craig202 Online Now Feb 13, 2011 at 9:49 AM

I am visiting Manaus in september and were wondering if there is plenty of places to hire kayaks so i can explore the rivers independently?

3 Answers Feb 14, 2011 at 4:18 AM
    • Booking overnight trip to the Amazon

by Leinog Online Now Jan 23, 2011 at 8:50 AM

Can any one give me some information where to go and book a reasonably priced trip for an overnight stay in the Amazon. We are 2 single women traveling and are in Manaus until Thursday. We are looking to go with a group. Any information is appeciated!

1 Answer Jan 24, 2011 at 4:26 PM
    • getting there

by woody4000 Online Now Jan 16, 2011 at 3:11 AM

hello

me and my girlfriend are travelling south america in october/ november time and would like to ask for some advice on getting from lima to manaus in brazil.

What's the easiest/ cheapest way of getting there and the most scenic.

all advice would be greatly recieved!!

woody

6 Answers Feb 3, 2011 at 9:34 AM
    • Maues village mission trip with Overland Missions

by gimbo123 Online Now Jan 6, 2011 at 5:19 PM

My son was looking at going in July of 2011 on a mission trip to villages of Maues with Overland Missions.
      Good idea? Time of year bad with low river etc....?

2 Answers Jan 9, 2011 at 1:23 PM
    • Manaus mission trips with Overland Missions

by gimbo123 Online Now Jan 6, 2011 at 9:52 AM

My son is 19 and looking to go on a mission trip. They travel from Manaus to the surrounding villages at Maues. Please pass on any information (first hand)or advice. We are a little nervous about the trip from a illnes, safety etc.
      Overland Mission looks like a well orgnaized and legite Mission. The Bios on the CEO and staff memebers are good. So I am looking to confirm or good advice about the trip.
      Thanks for the input.

2 Answers Jan 6, 2011 at 11:19 AM
    • Will be going on a Amazon Jungle Tour

by moran31 Online Now Dec 12, 2010 at 3:17 PM

My daughter who is 21 years old will be going on a Jungle tour out of Manaus. I was wondering if anyone has heard of Amazon Brazil Jungle Tours. They have a website and an EMBRATUR (Ministry of tourism) number 03.031649.10.0001.0.

The tour director is named David Andrade.

Just wondering since I am concerned about my daughter's safety.

8 Answers Jan 6, 2011 at 9:30 AM
    • Advise on Tours

by sripod Online Now Nov 29, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Hi There! Please, I appreciate if can share any experiences with the Amazon Destinations Operations - Rodolpho Emanuel or Amazon Riders - (Rafael & Vicente). We are visiting Manaus in December. I am hoping to make this a safe and memorable trip for my family, Thanks a lot for any advise.

2 Answers Jan 6, 2011 at 9:34 AM
    • Sea plane tours in Manaus

by srimelodies Online Now Nov 21, 2010 at 7:56 AM

We are visiting Manaus on 26 December for a couple of days. The sea plane tours look interesting but I heard that it may be raining at that time. Generally, Does it rain throughout the day every day or is it just on and off and do the seaplane tours still operate when it is not raining? I am also looking into the site-seeing day tours to the "Meeting of the Rivers","Allegator Spotting", "Dolphins", etc. by boat..Any advise on the sea plane tours and the boat rides including the tour operators will be greatly appreciated.

3 Answers Jan 6, 2011 at 9:40 AM
    • Manaus site-seeing tours

by sripod Online Now Nov 18, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Hi There!

We are reaching Manaus on 26 December (Arriving by 11am flight) and leaving on 29th December (6am flight)
      As I am bringing my mother (65 years old), and though she can walk, we are not into heavy activities and are interested in site-seeing like
      "Meeting of the Rivers", "Pink Dolphins", "Water Lilies", "Sunrise", "Sunset", etc..
      Please suggest any tours that you have including accomodation.

Also, I am considering Taj Mahal Hotel as the revolving restaurant seems to be special. But most of the day tours seem to start from Tropical hotel. How do I get to Tropical hotel from Taj Mahal - is it easy just get a taxi? Also, how far is the floating dock from Taj Mahal hotel? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

9 Answers Jan 6, 2011 at 9:46 AM
    • How do I get from Manaus to Rio Branco?

by dude1000 Online Now Apr 19, 2010 at 7:38 AM

I was wondering what the cheapest way to get from Manaus to Rio Branco was. I've heard it's cheapest to charter a plane but don't have any info. Any information would be awesome! Thank you!

2 Answers Jun 24, 2010 at 7:09 AM
    • Giant Water Lilies

by kareenasmall Online Now Mar 24, 2010 at 12:59 AM

Hi
      I was just wondering if the Giant water lilies of the Amazon River grow all year long or if they are a seasonal thing. I'm going to be in Manaus in October and do a 5 day river cruise. Will I be able to see them at this time of year? I haven't been able to find much information on them. If not, What time of the year is the best to see them? I don't mind so much about the flowers, just the lily pads
      Thanks

4 Answers Jun 24, 2010 at 6:58 AM
    • Manaus Opera performances

by closeby Online Now Feb 10, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Can any opera buff,travel expert or tour company tell me if,and when,there are performances by well known companies and/or solo artists?

3 Answers Feb 11, 2010 at 10:16 AM