Travel Answers
Manarola

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• manhtuank8's Profile Photo

Genoa / San Remo (Italy) or Nice (France)

San Remo Apr 14, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Hi friends,

In September, my gangs and i will have a short trip to Italy and France. We are changing one of our destination from Turin to Genoa / San Remo or Nice.

Please advise me that between

- Sanremo with a stop at Genoa en route transferring from Florence

- or Nice with a stop at Monte Carlo en route

which one is better for foods, sight, and value (we have tight budget)?

Thanks in advance

Tuan

more
    • trains to Florence

La Spezia Apr 5, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Are there earlier trains to Florence from La Spezia. The earliest one I can find departs at 8pm

more
    • buitensorg's Profile Photo

Cheap and cheerful hotel

Chiavari Mar 27, 2014 at 12:50 AM

We are looking for a hotel in Chiavari for one night in October. For 3 adults. OR an apartment? near the train station if possible. OR seeing we are taking the regional train from Milan........where would you stop for an overnight (having just flown into Italy) en route to Chiavari. thanks!

more
    • luggage hold la spezia

La Spezia Mar 20, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Is there a luggage hold in La Spezia where they can hold my luggage for a day?

more
    • Savona centre from costa cruise ship

Savona Apr 3, 2014 at 6:02 AM

Hi everybody, we're a family of 4 and would like to do a walking tour of Savona from cruise ship, please come with some good ideas, thx:)

more
    • Where can I learn italian language in this region?

San Remo Mar 26, 2014 at 5:56 AM

Hi guys

I am going soon for a short trip in Italy and I'll stay a few days in Liguria (Genova's region).

I am wondering if one of you guys had experience in italian school for foreigners there!

thanks

Jp

more
    • Ferry trip in CT

Corniglia Apr 6, 2014 at 10:14 AM

How long does the ferry trip take from La Spezia to last of the villages? We thought we could take the ferry up & then use the train back to Corniglia, where we have a booking for 2 nights. Also where do we look for a ferry timetable?
      Thanks.

more
    • free walking trail maps

Santa Margherita Ligure Mar 31, 2014 at 9:19 PM

where or how can I get free walking trail maps for walks out of santa margherita ligure

more
    • Train to Milan

Monterosso al Mare Mar 26, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Is there a morning train from Monterosso to Milan? We have a 4pm flight to Germany to catch

more
    • least challenging walk from train to one of the villages

Monterosso al Mare Apr 15, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I have an 80 year grandfather who wants to walk from the train down to one of the villages. Which village has the least challenging walk from Train to village?

more
    • Sunday Cinque Terre regional train times

Riomaggiore Apr 13, 2014 at 5:50 AM

I have found the Cinque Terre train time schedule found on cinqueterre.eu.com/en/cinque... and am confused about the times for (Column B) Sunday train times to La Spezia. It looks like there's only one train at 9:00am. Is that possibly true or am I reading the timetable wrong? Does the Cinque Terre regional train run out of Riomaggiore to La Spezia more frequently? I need to get to La Spezia to catch the 8:20am train out to Rome. Can anyone, does anyone have info to assist in my Sunday travel worries?

more
    • Train from Florence to Santa Margherita

Santa Margherita Ligure Mar 31, 2014 at 2:07 AM

Hi, I am wanting to get a train from Florence to Santa Margherita. Is there 1 stop in Pisa and what is the fastest train? Once in Santa Margherita, what is the best/easiest way to get to hotels (centrally)? We will have children with us, so easiest & quickets is best. Also, is there good nightlife in Santa Margherita? Thank you!

more
    • kbr61263's Profile Photo

Walking in Cinque terre and transport around portovenere and bay of poets with disabled daughter

Liguria Apr 8, 2014 at 7:42 AM

we are staying close to portovenere next week, my wife and I with disabled daughter. She does not normally use a wheelchair for short journeys, but we have decided to bring her chair with us as she has been having some difficulty recently. She can climb stairs but is quite slow. My plan is to spend perhaps 2 days visiting the 5terre, one day by boatand one day by train. Are any of the walks likely to be suitable with a wheelchair? She can climb a few flights of stairs or small groups now and again whilst I can carry the chair up, but we couldnt manage hundreds.

We have 4 or 5 days in the area, my plan would be to do the islands off portovenere on one day and the bay of poets (by bus) the other. does this seem a reasonable plan? any suggestions to make getting about easier? I am assuming a hire car is more trouble than its worth.

I would like to be in 5terre for sunset at least one evening, how frequent are busses trains in the evening to get back to portovenere (le grazie).

There appears to be a ferry marked on maps from le grazie to lerici? Any info?

more
    • virtue62's Profile Photo

Travelling from Nice to Cinque Terre

Riomaggiore Apr 11, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Can I please have some ideas??

more
    • Romantic accommodation with sea-view for under 140Eu per night? Possible?

Riomaggiore Apr 3, 2014 at 3:33 PM

We're on a budget but I'm planning on proposing to my girlfriend here in CT. So far, we love Monterosso or Vernazza. I'm having a difficult time finding available accommodation for 3 nights (end of this month) for less than 140eu per night. I'd love to find a cute B&B, Vacation Rental or anything with a balcony or rooftop terrace with a sea-view.

Any ideas? Would be nice to have this private and romantic area of ours for me to propose in. :-)

Thanks!

more
    • Getting from train station to downtown Maranola, Italy

by a009475 Online Now Feb 6, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Are there cabs from the train station to downtown or the waterfront? Or do I resign myself to shlupping all suitcases from the train to where we are staying? Or, can you take a cab from the La Spezia train station to anywhere in Maranola? Thanks,

3 Answers Feb 6, 2014 at 5:03 PM
    • lynclarke's Profile Photo

May ritual?

by lynclarke Online Now Jan 19, 2014 at 5:23 AM

We stayed in Manarola for a week in the beginning of May. On our last night there, (maybe around the 10th) we heard singers going from door to door singing the same little ditty at each door. At first we thought we were hearing a bunch of drunks until the ritual continued to what seemed like every door in Manarola. Can someone tell me what we were hearing?

5 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 7:18 AM
    • Car Service

by Rug Online Now Sep 30, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Looking for transportation from Genoa airport to Manarola at 22:00. Any suggestions? I am told the last train leaves prior to my arrival time.

4 Answers Oct 2, 2013 at 3:00 AM
    • A boat to Portifino!

by nessbarrett Online Now Jul 13, 2013 at 8:47 PM

We are staying in Manarola for 4 nights then going to Portofino for 2. We would like to go by boat but the ferry service I looked up seems to do Mon, Weds & Fri only. We are leaving on the Thurs. Could you please suggest other boat/ferry companies that will take us. Thanks.

2 Answers Jul 14, 2013 at 12:23 AM
    • florry's Profile Photo

ll Patio in manarola

by florry Online Now Aug 3, 2012 at 2:42 AM

I will be staying for 6 days in the apartment 1 on ll Patio in Manarola. Looking at the photos and reviews I still dont know if I can make coffee there in the morning? Should I bring a filter with me ? Love my coffee in the morning:)

8 Answers Aug 4, 2012 at 3:41 AM
    • AllieK's Profile Photo

Manarola accomdation

by AllieK Online Now Jan 2, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Im looking for Manarola accomodation that has a balcony and good sea veiws but is cheap.
      Im on a budget but I would still really like something lovley to here.
      Or just any accomdation there in general would be good to.
      Thankyou!

4 Answers Feb 29, 2012 at 3:49 PM
    • fastoy's Profile Photo

Cinque Terre Ferry Schedule

by fastoy Online Now Jun 11, 2011 at 2:19 PM

We will be visiting Cinque Terre in the fall of 2011. I have read somewhere that the ferries "stop in October."

I have visited http://www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/ and looked at their schedule PDF but I don't see that it mentions discontinuing of the schedule in the fall.

Will the ferries be running normally in October?

2 Answers Jun 11, 2011 at 4:30 PM
    • Slate manarola painting

by douglasivan Online Now Sep 10, 2010 at 2:23 PM

On a previous visit, I purchased small slate hand paintings from each of the 5 towns of Cinque Terra. They are about 10cm x 10 cm squares handpainted with the name of the town also painted on it. I was unable to get one from Manarola and am trying to find a shop that sells them. Can you help?
      Thank you.
      Doug

• Train Service

by gcompton Online Now Apr 22, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Is it better to connect to Manarolo in Genoa or La Spezia?

Can you purchase train tickets in advance for getting to Manarolo either from the Genoa Station or the La Spezia Station?

Where can I find the schedules for the local/commuter train that service the Cinque Terre area from either Genoa or La Spezia?

Thanks

G Compton

3 Answers Apr 22, 2010 at 12:44 PM
    • cdnagent's Profile Photo

trains from La Spezia and Manarola

by cdnagent Online Now Jul 19, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Hello,

I am trying to find out the train schedules between La Spezia and Manarola. Do you know if reservations are required on that regional train?

Thank you
      Jim

4 Answers May 6, 2011 at 12:56 PM
    • Il Patio

by iloveaustria Online Now Sep 2, 2008 at 4:02 PM

Has anyone stayed at Il Patio? It is located above the restaurant La Scogliera. Do you know if that restaurant is open? I had heard that it closed.
      We have rented 2 rooms and 2 apts in Il Patio for 2 nights in October.
      Grazie,
      Carol

• APARTMENT BARANIN

by anitachia Online Now Feb 16, 2008 at 12:45 AM

Need advise on how do I get to the apartmentS from the train station (will be arriving from Milan) as we will have 1 big luggage and looking at the pictures, seems that we will have to have a long walk to most accommodations : http://www.milanapartmentrental.it. Thanks.

2 Answers Feb 16, 2008 at 7:20 AM
    • Stayed at Baranin apartment?

by JSimp7 Online Now Feb 11, 2008 at 4:52 PM

Hi, I'm considering booking Apartment #1 thru Baranin in Manarola. Has anyone stayed there? I'm having a hard time deciding because we really would like an apartment with a kitchen and a terrace with a sea view. But, we can't seem to find this in one place...you have to make some sacrifices, I know! :-) This apartment has a kitchen and seems to have a terrace with a view of the hills not the ocean, but it's hard to tell from the website.

If you have any input on this apartment or suggestions on others, please let me know. Thanks!

1 Answer Feb 11, 2008 at 5:55 PM
    • Holiday trip

by doccate Online Now Oct 14, 2007 at 7:55 AM

Our family will be traveling to Cinque Terre late Dec/early January. Any advice about weather expectations and whether the ferry is in service would be wonderful. We'd like to walk most, if not all, the trail. Is it mostly flat, or are there very steep sections? Any recommemdations for accomodations would be appreciated. Driving time from Florence would be a bonus. Thanx.

5 Answers Oct 14, 2007 at 5:58 PM
    • Travel from Bergamo Airport to Manarola

by mishii Online Now May 2, 2006 at 8:11 PM

I am looking for the best/fastest route from Bergamo Airport to Manarola.
      We are travelling in July. I can get train times, but not any bus routes. Should I reserve seats? Travelling midweek.
      Any help would be appreciated.

3 Answers May 3, 2006 at 1:46 AM
    • Weather on the Ligurian Coast.

by trinks Online Now Sep 26, 2005 at 12:18 PM

Can anyone tell me what the weather may be like in late November. I had planned to visit Cinque Terre the last week in November and want to plan accordingly. Will it be cold? Raining? Mild?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer!

Happy travels!

3 Answers Sep 27, 2005 at 3:41 PM
    • valar

by valar Online Now Aug 19, 2005 at 9:20 PM

has any one stayed at Paulo's place?

2 Answers Aug 19, 2005 at 11:39 PM
    • marybutton's Profile Photo

Weather in May

by marybutton Online Now Feb 8, 2005 at 3:02 PM

Any ideas of what type of weather to expect in May? Looking forward to hiking the Cinque Terre & also hiking near Santa Margherita. Thanks

16 Answers Feb 10, 2005 at 10:45 AM
    • Help!

by bedenji Online Now Sep 20, 2004 at 6:50 PM

I will be in the Cinque Terre for only a few hours during the beginning of December and planned to hike between Manarola and Riomaggiore. Can anyone give me any hints on these two towns (i.e. good places to eat and shop; where are the best views). Also, how far is each town's train station from the Via del Amore? Thank you for your help!

3 Answers Sep 20, 2004 at 7:17 PM
    • restaurants

by monacreedon Online Now Aug 30, 2004 at 5:01 AM

i will be traveling to 5 terre in sept. can anyone reccomend some good restaurants in any of the villages regards mona

3 Answers Aug 31, 2004 at 3:04 AM
    • Places to stay in Manarola

by iloveaustria Online Now Jun 13, 2004 at 4:44 AM

Has anyone stayed at Alla Porta Rossa or La Torretta? Da Baranin if full and we do not want a hostel. Any other suggestions? Thanks, Carol

5 Answers Feb 21, 2008 at 5:14 AM
    • Cheap accomodation?

by Katiana Online Now Apr 24, 2004 at 2:54 PM

Are there any youth hostels in Manarola, or any other cheap places to stay?And do you know if any of the other cities in the Cinque Terre have youth hostels, any help, or tips on anything in that area would help a lot too!! thanks kate

4 Answers Nov 8, 2004 at 6:52 PM