Manarola Travel Answers

change location
florry's Profile Photo

ll Patio in manarola

by florry Online Now Aug 3, 2012 at 2:42 AM

I will be staying for 6 days in the apartment 1 on ll Patio in Manarola. Looking at the photos and reviews I still dont know if I can make coffee there in the morning? Should I bring a filter with me ? Love my coffee in the morning:)

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: ll Patio in manarola

by leics Online Now Aug 3, 2012 at 2:47 AM

I'd be absolutely amazed if facilities for making coffee aren't available but it's unlikely anyone can tell you for certain except the owners. So why not write directly to them (they say they speak English, but you could add an Italian translation if you like..use google.translate):

info@ilpatio5terre.com

I certainly wouldn't bother bringing a filter with you. If the apartment doesn't have any way of making coffee (I *really* can't believe that would be the case) then you can just pop out to a nearby cafe for your morning espresso. :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • manuna's Profile Photo

by manuna Online Now Aug 3, 2012 at 4:31 AM

In Italy you may be sure that there will be a device to make coffe. You may fail to find a kettle, but coffee is the must have :)

• qaminari's Profile Photo

by qaminari Online Now Aug 3, 2012 at 4:54 AM

Review 21 August says that coffee, tea, boiler (= kettle?) and fridge are provided: tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRevi... - I take this to mean you can make your own coffee, and most likely the (un-Italian) filter-type.

• florry's Profile Photo

by florry Online Now Aug 3, 2012 at 8:56 AM

I read that there is no kettel and the people boiled the water in a pot:)

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Aug 3, 2012 at 9:58 AM

That's no biggie. :-)

Italian coffee is not made in a filter thingie (cafetiere), so I imagine there's either a coffee machine or a coffee-maker like this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moka_p...

If you really must have filter coffee, rather than 'cafe Americano/lungo (espresso with added hot water) then perhaps you need to take your cafetiere with you. But I wouldn't.

• florry's Profile Photo

by florry Online Now Aug 3, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Thanks, I see what they have, but I'm not taking something heavy with me.I need to travel as light as possible as i have to go up many steps into my apartment in Venice and sure in Manarola too:)I'm soo counting the days as the weather here in Ireland is still so very bad:(

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Aug 3, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Tell me about it!

Don't worry about the coffee. Learn to use the Italian coffee-maker or machine in the apartment or just nip out for a cafe Americano/lungo. But don't do what I did when my daughter brought me that type of 'Moka' coffee-maker back from Italy..drinking a whole mugful, undiluted, was a *very* interesting experience! Talk about being hyper! :-)

• domenicococozza's Profile Photo

by domenicococozza Online Now Aug 4, 2012 at 3:41 AM

Just buy a cheap travel kettle when you get there (5 or 6 Euros).
    If you don't want to carry it with you, throw it away or leave it for the next renters.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines