Manarola Travel Answers

change location

Travel from Bergamo Airport to Manarola

by mishii Online Now May 2, 2006 at 8:11 PM

I am looking for the best/fastest route from Bergamo Airport to Manarola.
We are travelling in July. I can get train times, but not any bus routes. Should I reserve seats? Travelling midweek.
Any help would be appreciated.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

RE: Travel from Bergamo Airport to Manarola

by mccalpin Online Now May 2, 2006 at 9:28 PM

See orioaeroporto.it/Editorial/n... for information on ground transportation from Bergamo Airport to nearby train stations.

You have already seen www.trenitalia.com I guess for train routes. As you probably have seen, you're looking at 5 hours, with 2 or 3 changes on the way from Bergamo station. If you can catch a bus to Milano Centrale, you may have a better selection of trains.

Hmmmn, I don't know about long distance buses that would help you solve the multi-train problem...

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • globetrott's Profile Photo

by globetrott Online Now May 2, 2006 at 9:32 PM

there are various trains and you have to change at least 1 time. Some of the bigger trains say that you need reservation, BUT there is certainly NO need to reserve a long time in advance. Reserve it, when arriving in Italy.
    BUS is not really a good solution in Italy, their trainsystem is great !

• ZoT's Profile Photo

by ZoT Online Now May 3, 2006 at 1:46 AM

Get a bus to Milano, Stazione Centrale (one every 30') then get a train from there. The fastest way to reach Manarola is getting an Intercity train to Monterosso, then a local train to Manarola (the next stop).
    note that all the Intercity trains on that line now require a reservation (Intercity "plus") but I think you won't have problems if travelling midweek: just buy the ticket at the train station.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines