Manarola Travel Answers

change location

Weather on the Ligurian Coast.

by trinks Online Now Sep 26, 2005 at 12:18 PM

Can anyone tell me what the weather may be like in late November. I had planned to visit Cinque Terre the last week in November and want to plan accordingly. Will it be cold? Raining? Mild?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer!

Happy travels!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • RE: Weather on the Ligurian Coast.

by jacsilversurfer Online Now Sep 26, 2005 at 9:37 PM

Hi.....Local people say its a good time to visit and that the weather on that part of the coast is always mild. When I was there in June,it was very hot,so I caught the ferry alot to travel to and fro.However,I love the sea.I think that the ferry ceases service in September. The train was very convenient.If I was going again in Novemeber,I would take a warm coat,for any trips by ferry and to deal with the sea breeze at night.It was a very casual place so jeans were what evryone was wearing when it got too cool for shorts or light clothes.I hope you get to my favorite town,Portovenere.I stayed in Levanto and just loved the place. Cheers Jackie

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • iandsmith's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Weather on the Ligurian Coast.

by iandsmith Online Now Sep 27, 2005 at 5:26 AM

As one is wont to say, "If I knew that I wouldn't be wasting my time at VT". Previous reply is fairly accurate but, when people enquire as to what the weather will be like 2 months ahead, you might as well buy a lottery ticket, at least you'll have a chance of getting something relevant.
    Have a great time, it's a lovely spot.

• EllenH's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Weather on the Ligurian Coast.

by EllenH Online Now Sep 27, 2005 at 3:41 PM

I have been in Manarola the last 2 Novembers in the earlier to middle of the month. The weather has been warm and sunny during the day, cool at night, a little rain. One day last November people were still swimming but the next few days were cooler. It stays fairly warm there, as tomatoes were still ripening on the vines in November. The Cinque Terre is one of my favorite places on earth and Manarola is my favorite of the five cities.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines