Manarola Travel Answers

change location

Help!

by bedenji Online Now Sep 20, 2004 at 6:50 PM

I will be in the Cinque Terre for only a few hours during the beginning of December and planned to hike between Manarola and Riomaggiore. Can anyone give me any hints on these two towns (i.e. good places to eat and shop; where are the best views). Also, how far is each town's train station from the Via del Amore? Thank you for your help!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • EllenH's Profile Photo

Re: Help!

by EllenH Online Now Sep 20, 2004 at 7:02 PM

Via del"amore basically goes between the two train stations and the easy walk between the two towns takes 1/2 hour at most. Great restaurant in Manarola for dinner and great restaurant in Riomaggiore for lunch. Great wine bar in manarola that is way too much fun. The views in the cinque terre never stop anywhere whether its small old town Italy or the Ligurian sea or the boats and the fishermen. There are lots of us that have pages on the cinque terre here, check them out they are all good. My favorite place in Italy, I go in November and its not crowded, I imagine December be great too. Ellen

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Help!

by iloveaustria Online Now Sep 20, 2004 at 7:14 PM

I will be spending my birthday in Manarola (Oct 6) I will be spending 3 nights at La Torretta B& B. Check out Ellen H Manarola page for restaurants and things to do. And tune in after oct 14 and I will post all about my stay there. Carol

• EllenH's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Help!

by EllenH Online Now Sep 20, 2004 at 7:17 PM

Ciao ciao Carole Happy Birthday in Italy you lucky woman! And yes I hope we connect in between our trips. Ellen

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines