Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Near Managua

• allen1f's Profile Photo

1st time visit to Managua for 4 days via Tika Bus

by allen1f Online Now Apr 27, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Arriving in Managua via the TICA BUS in May for 4 days. Need hotel that is convenient, relatively close to bus terminal and downtown, in price range of US$50-80. Any suggestions? Thanks

1 Answer Apr 28, 2014 at 8:52 AM
    • jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

City tours

by jacquisuiza Online Now Mar 2, 2014 at 1:39 PM

When I got to Nicaragua next summer I would like to make a guided city tour. I have been in Nicaragua twice but never in Managua. About 8 years ago I met someone that ran this business: citytoursmanagua.com/rutasgu....
      I don’t remember his name and the e-mail adress isn’t working. The agencies I found in the internet don’t seem to make tours of this kind he made. Shall I instead rent a taxi for a few hours? But I would also like to go to markets and walk the city.

5 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 9:50 AM
    • Nicaragua airport and SJDS

by shamu12 Online Now Feb 8, 2014 at 6:06 AM

My niece went to Nicaragua on mission trip. Going through customs she said was very scary they were going through their luggage and taking stuff. Does this really happen. Im planning to visit SJDS next year. Now im scared of airport and driving around. Should I be.

9 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 12:12 PM
    • which country of the two

by nicaguy Online Now Sep 27, 2013 at 9:57 PM

which country of two is safer Managua, Nicaragua or Tijuana mexico? if given a choice which of these two choices would any of you choose to live in?

6 Answers Feb 21, 2014 at 11:39 AM
    • getting around

by boletero Online Now Nov 2, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Hi its been twenty years since i've been to nicaragua. going back with a friend and i would like to know if anyone has ever rented a car. just wondering if anyone could help on giving me some tips or recomend a reputable car rental name.

• Spacemanspiff's Profile Photo

Two weeks in Nicaragua

by Spacemanspiff Online Now Aug 7, 2010 at 1:25 PM

I've got two weeks to spend in Nicaragua. I'm flying into Managua but am thinking of heading right out to Leon or Grenada for the first night. Anyone been to Managua? Will I miss out if I skip the Capital City?

2 Answers Aug 8, 2010 at 2:58 AM
    • rnj1's Profile Photo

General Information

by rnj1 Online Now Mar 8, 2009 at 6:37 PM

I am going to Managua May 25-30. If you have any info on the city - climate, things to do, not to do, what to pack and wear, etc. - I would appreciate it. This will be my first trip to MAnagua. However, I will be returning there in July for two weeks. Thanks.

1 Answer Mar 8, 2009 at 6:55 PM
    • How to get to Venezuela from Nicaragua

by matsmats Online Now Jan 23, 2008 at 3:42 AM

Does anybody have an idea about cheap flights from Managua to Caracas, Venezuela? Or what kind of mess it would be to take the journey by bus?

1 Answer Jan 23, 2008 at 10:04 AM
    • casa de cafe

by yadiravallep Online Now Sep 28, 2007 at 10:58 AM

I want to know how to get in contact with the Casa de Cafe I need the telephone number at any location in Managua Nicaragua

• please help-NEED A REASONABLE HOTEL IN MANAGUA FOR 9/24

by jim850 Online Now Sep 21, 2007 at 3:13 PM

hi--

i need a hotel -reasonable and safe-arriving very late monday nite -9/24- to managua for 11 days.

looking for contract NGO or teaching job for 2008. former peace corps volunteer and professor yearns to leave real estate business in usa to get back to my roots in a country like nicaragua.

is managua as dangerous as i read? are airport taxis safe-what color or comoany should i take?

can i chnage money at airport with late arrival? if not, what exchange should i use paying in us.

any other helpful hints? thanks -jim

1 Answer Nov 11, 2007 at 5:23 PM
    • cheap but nice hotels

by coldcanuck Online Now Nov 27, 2006 at 11:31 PM

I read reviews on 2 hotels in Managua - the Jardin de Italia and the Hotel Los Felipe. The10-$40 suits my single mom on disability income! My daughter and I would like to visit our World Vision foster child there and cannot afford the ritzy places! How do I contact these hotels? Anyone know if they have any online info or how I can get a brochure or whatever!
      Thanks

2 Answers Dec 4, 2006 at 9:23 PM
    • Niagara-Latino's Profile Photo

Can a tourist(US Citizen) stay in Mangua more that 3 months?

by Niagara-Latino Online Now Oct 20, 2006 at 11:41 PM

2 of my friends(they are USA citizen like me)want to stay in Managua more that 3 months,because they plan to buy a house or apartment for retirement(only in Managua,not Granada or etc...).Any body can explain me how they can do it? Any information would be very apreciated.Thanks,"Tomas".

3 Answers Jun 15, 2007 at 12:32 PM
    • Traveling to Managua

by milestopkapi Online Now Aug 2, 2006 at 1:28 PM

Hello,

I saw your posting and was wondering if you can give me some more tips. I am traveling to Nicaragua for a conference in August. I am staying in a nice hotel in Managua, but once the conference is done I will be staying there to do some traveling. I am a bit nervous because I am younger female traveling alone. If you have time to throw any my way I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

5 Answers Oct 12, 2006 at 3:16 AM
    • touristgal's Profile Photo

need driver and guide

by touristgal Online Now Apr 9, 2006 at 4:19 PM

My roommate is going down here on Wednesday to scout for a low budget movie he is doing in a month Anyone know of any personal drivers for him to meet him and drive him around. Or guide? Thanks

4 Answers Apr 15, 2006 at 2:36 PM
    • Barcelo Playa Montelimar

by tmozer Online Now Mar 6, 2006 at 3:11 PM

My wife and I are considering a stay at Barcelo Playa Montelimar soon and would be flying into Managua. I would like to know what options I should consider for getting from the airport to the hotel (on the west coast).

1 Answer May 3, 2006 at 5:07 PM
    • Person Search

by bossmech5 Online Now Apr 28, 2005 at 7:19 AM

I am searching for information on a Restaurant operated by Christian Billard, in Managua. Please, if anyone has any information on it, let me know.
      Thx - Jock

• jacobtafler's Profile Photo

travel informtion

by jacobtafler Online Now Mar 19, 2005 at 8:57 AM

hello i am traveling for the first time to mangua any informtion about middeke class hotel arond 20 to 25 dolares a day and some good places dicos or night life to go out for a single man thanks alot for any informtion jacobtafler@yahoo.com

• Buses

by JuanBustos Online Now Oct 9, 2004 at 11:44 AM

I am looking for information about bus rentals with driver in Nicaragua for 7 days.

1 Answer Feb 5, 2005 at 7:05 PM
    • Culture

by OkYourWeird Online Now Aug 31, 2004 at 1:46 PM

Where are some good places to visit that reflect hispanic culture? ie. resturants, museums, festivals, hotels etc...