Manado

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• the prices in Batam

Riau Province 20 hours ago

Hi! I am from a European country. My friend now lives in Palembang (South Sumatra). We plan to live in Batam for a few month. My friend got information about prices in Batam. I was shocked. I think that my friend got wrong information. Could you tell me, is it true?
      He found a dorm for us. There is one room for us and a bath and a kitchen for a few rooms. The price is 2.000.000 rupiah for the room + 500.000 rupiah for security + electricity. The total price is around 3.000.000 rupiah for the room per month! The dorm is located in Plamo Garden, Block B (south of batam Centre Area). Could you tell me, is it normal price for Batam?
      We will visit almost every day Sekolah Tinggi Teknik Ibnu Sina which is located in Nagoya Area. We will use city transport (bus). He told that one ticket costs 10.000 rupiah. We have to use two buses to come from Plamo Garden to STT Ibnu Sina. One person will spend 40.000 rupiah per day. So, one person will pay 1.000.000 rupiah per month for transportation. Is it true that we have to use two buses? Is it true that the price of one ticket in the bus is 10.000 rupiah? Could you tell me the shortest and cheapest way?
      He said that he has to get Batam citizenship card (identity card). The price of the card is 1.000.000 rupiah. Why so expensive? I could get the card for free in my country.
      Thank you!

more
    • LiseK5's Profile Photo

Surat jalan

Sorong Jun 26, 2014 at 6:22 PM

if I arrive in a smaller place by Pelni ship,can I get a Surat Jalan ,or does it have to be a big town?

more
    • nisa_osalia's Profile Photo

perjalanan menuja raha

Raha Jun 25, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Kalau saya dari Makassar, bagaimana menepuh perjalanan ke Raha?? Apakah ada pesawat terbang?? Berapa kisaran harga hotel terbaik di Raha??

more
    • Travel Buddy

Bali Jul 8, 2014 at 4:29 AM

Hi, I am going to Ubud this week and have a driver organised 13th for full day day tour if anyone is interested in sharing a fun filled off beaten track day in Bali :-)

more
    • Carlos1968's Profile Photo

Surabaya mt bromo tour and surrounding areas.

Java Jul 5, 2014 at 6:35 AM

hi can anyone recommend a good tour company in Surabaya to book trips with.
      Thanks Carlos.

more
    • myortodoks's Profile Photo

Batam - Pulau Lingga

Pulau Lingga Jun 20, 2014 at 1:38 AM

I would like to go to Pulau Lingga and would like to stay there. Would appreciate if you can advise me the best itineray during my stay. I will fly to Batam on 21 - 24 Sep 2014. My plan i will stay 1 night at Nagoya, 1 night at Nongsa and 1 N at Pulau Lingga.

more
    • hangout in Bali

Bali Jun 19, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Who's going to Bali 21 June. im looking for people to do things together. and i can offer a free hotel room in Kuta fo 5 nights.
      anyone interested? just reply ;)

more
    • Krakatau-Ujung Kulon tour

Carita 6 hours ago

Hi! we are 2 people traveling to Indonesia this summer. We would like to do a tour to Krakatau-Ujung Kulon, but the tours that we have found are a bit expensive. Do you know any good company to do the tour and not expensive? Also we would like to know how to get to Carita from Jakarta, and the bus schedule (it's impossible to find it on internet!)

thank you!

more
    • Party Places in Bali

Bali Jul 4, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Reaching Bali on Sat 30th August at 6 in the evening with 2 friends. Staying in Legian for 3 nights

Can anyone help me with best party places over that weekend (saturday & sunday).
      Anything which is must visit for a weekend in that area ??

Thanks
      MMC

more
    • going to bali 29 July

Bali Jul 3, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Hi there

I will travel to bali in 29 July for one week or more
      Which area is the best . I like crowded life
      Also, suggestions for tour in bali... I'm coming alone

more
    • bonbonhart's Profile Photo

Solo traveller-woman to Borobudur

Borobudur Jun 29, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Hi Friends,
      As i m working in Jakarta and my term is almost finished and it was such a short noticed. Then i have to be hurry to visit places in Indonesia. Is it possible or any recommend for woman travel alone to Borobudor. ? Only 2 Days - one night? For the 2D1N trip,I saw the question from nancytansj and the answers, that helps a lot. but my question is focusing on travelling alone. I better go alone as my co-worker that available is a man. !! Thank you.
      Cheers !!!

more
    • Surabaya during Ramadan

Surabaya Jun 29, 2014 at 7:07 AM

Are there any bars (ie colors, penthouse, etc) that are open during Ramadan? Are the restaurants open during lunch?

more
    • dennyandconnie's Profile Photo

bali in january

Ubud Jun 25, 2014 at 5:27 AM

m wife and i are heading to bali for a week (4 days ubud/3 jimbaran). see that it is rainy season and quite hot. does it tend to rain all day or hit and miss showers. also plan to stay with a family instead of hotel in ubud. no AC just fans. would love to have this more authentic visit but can't go 3 days without sleep before our 3 weeks in vietnam and cambodia.

more
    • Other travellers to hang with

Bali Jun 23, 2014 at 4:55 AM

Hi I'm solo female traveller going bali week starting 12th July, got a driver organised 13 or 15th for full day tour haven't planned itinerary yet! Anyone interested in sharing costs and coming along or going be in Bali to hang out for a cold beer :)

more
    • jezzabel's Profile Photo

Munduk to Menjangan Island

Bali Jul 5, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Hi all,

Do you think a day trip from Munduk to Menjangan is doable in one day? I read snorkeling there is best in the early morning (9 am?), and that the boat trip from Labuhan Lalang takes some 40 min to add to the driving time from Munduk. But I honestly have no idea how long it'd take to get to Labuhan Lalang from Munduk. Our accommodation is already booked in Munduk and we cannot change it for, say, Permuteran or Lovina.

Second, can you recommend any organised snorkeling trip in particular (that includes the boat to Menjangan ofc)? I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the idea of snorkeling unattended as I hear currents in Bali can be quite strong.

Thank you very much!

more
    • Getting around

Makassar Jun 29, 2014 at 12:32 AM

How to get to Makassar from Manado, without taking any domestic flights or any expensive boat/ferries?

more
    • phuket holiday for 40 persons in September 10-12, 2014

Jakarta Jun 25, 2014 at 3:20 AM

hi anyone, please inform if u know the Phuket's tour guide which are available or possible to guide 40 persons in September 10-12, 2014.

Thanks guys.

more
    • reliable diving company

Indonesia Jun 17, 2014 at 4:06 AM

hi all! Anyone knows the most reliable company to diving in Komodo? (I´ll stay in Kanawa)

more
    • Balinese Healers

Bali Jul 2, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Read about Healers in alot of tourist information. Any comments or recommendations?
      Thankyou

more
    • Travel between munduk and java

Munduk Jul 2, 2014 at 4:48 AM

Hello, I am trying to work out the best way to travel from munduk to Yogyakarta can anyone offer any advice? Thanks.

more
    • MichaelaT's Profile Photo

Looking for companion

Bali Jun 25, 2014 at 5:23 AM

Hi, am heading to Bali in November and looking for some company on my travels which should take at least 2-3 weeks.
      Will be glad you your reply :)

Michaela

more
    • Jakarta to Wonosob

Wonosobo Jun 23, 2014 at 12:50 PM

How long (days) does it take from Jakarta to Wonosob by bus pls? How much will it be (in USD) pls?

more
    • Is it worth ordering a Visa in advance?

Bali Jun 23, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Hello, we're travelling from the UK in September, I understand you can get a visa on arrival in Bali. How long does this process take? Would it be better to get a visa in advance? Do these cost more/less? does anyone recommend any particular company?

more
    • Clifee's Profile Photo

Cheapest way to reach Gilli islands from Bali.

Bali Jun 17, 2014 at 7:20 AM

i have checked gillibooking,com bt is there any alternate cheap way to reach Gilli??

2)We are travelling bali,just to party,nd see some good waves.Unfortunately we booked in the month of ramadaan july 12-19. Is there any ramadaan effect on nightlife in bali and gilli,,Please advise :) :)

more
    • crowned_goddess's Profile Photo

Diving spots and beautiful beaches

Medan Jul 3, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Are there beautiful beaches and diving spots in Medan or somewhere in North Sumatra?

more
    • chanjoe's Profile Photo

Any Reliable Travel Agency to recommend?

by chanjoe Online Now Nov 25, 2013 at 12:53 AM

My wife and I will be spending a few days in Manado next month and would like to book day tour package for Minahasa, and Tangkoko with a reliable travel agent. Appreciate it if you can share with me some reliable agent in Manado. Thanks.

• Looking for a 21 days stay at Manado, close to ECO Diver resort.

by tiptopman Online Now Sep 11, 2013 at 2:14 AM

Hi, I am taking a DM course at ECO DIVER resort. I am looking for a reasonable AC attached accommodation. Anyone could kindly advice me? Thank you so so much!

• Wine

by nodogs2cats Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Is there a shop in manado that sells a good selection of red wine by the bottle? I know already that it will be expensive 

4 Answers Mar 19, 2013 at 4:27 PM
    • HistoryLV's Profile Photo

Plan to go to Bunaken in May or June

by HistoryLV Online Now Jan 12, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Hi VTs,
      I plan to go to Bunaken. Is May and June will be the best period for snorkeling and diving?

Any recommendation for a UNIQUE PEACEFUL resort? From Tripadvisor I got info of Chacha resort ... but maybe I missed out something?

2 Answers Feb 23, 2012 at 5:10 AM
    • Short stay in Manado

by ikira Online Now May 7, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Hi Vts

Will be in manado next week for business trip
      Stay at Novotel Manado

Any recommendation for interesting place over the weekend?
      And nice food as well (kuliner)

5 Answers Dec 15, 2011 at 3:49 AM
    • Self Travel in Manado

by etech120 Online Now May 20, 2009 at 11:00 PM

My wife and myself will be going to Manado in early June.
      As a travel agency quoted us quite costly for 3 nights stay with half day sightseeing to Bunaken (we are not divers), 1 day to Minahasa and city tour as the package is only for two of us.
      Can someone advise if we can move around on our own to those above mentioned places ? Or is there tourist group we can join so the cost is cheaper ?

3 Answers May 22, 2009 at 7:03 AM
    • transport from airport to city center

by spike_thru Online Now Apr 5, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Dear members,

Is there any other form of transport from Manado airport to the city center besides the metered taxis? I think the metered taxis will be exhorbitant.

Also, what else is there to do in Manado if you're not game into diving & snorkelling? TQ

BTW, I'm going on 10th april, 2009.

2 Answers Apr 8, 2009 at 8:46 AM
    • cheekin22's Profile Photo

Manado, Sulawesi, Indonesia

by cheekin22 Online Now Dec 11, 2008 at 12:19 AM

Dear members,

I wish to visit Manado.

Any recommendation of budget accommodation in
      Manado?

Your reply is very much appreciated & Many thanks in advanced.

7 Answers Feb 10, 2009 at 7:34 AM
    • Inzaneclown's Profile Photo

Muslim food

by Inzaneclown Online Now Apr 16, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Hi..i'll be travelling to Manado in June.I just want to find out if there's any food stall that sell Muslim food?

3 Answers Apr 17, 2008 at 9:59 PM
    • recommendations for reasonably priced dive center

by tleong13 Online Now Feb 29, 2008 at 2:47 AM

hi. i am planning to go diving around manado for the first time. would like to seek your advice on which dive center cum accomodation is recommended. i'd prefer one that is not too costly but gives good insights to dive spots. thanks much.

1 Answer Mar 5, 2008 at 7:44 PM
    • sybille's Profile Photo

Re: Budget Accommodation in Manado

by sybille Online Now Jan 30, 2008 at 10:00 PM

Selamat Tahun Baru!

could someone possibly help me with hotel recommendations in Manado City. I need to stay in Manado and looking for a hotel around IDR100.000-IDR150.000 for one night, 1 person. Any suggestions are welcome, but it needs to be in Manado, as I need to meet up with some people there. Thank you very much!

7 Answers Feb 10, 2008 at 12:16 PM
    • BudgetGeoff's Profile Photo

Flights from Manado to Davao City

by BudgetGeoff Online Now Dec 29, 2007 at 4:41 PM

Hi all,
      Im looking for information on One way flights from Manado to Davao,
      1. The cost of the flight
      2. Which airline
      3. What days they fly to Davao
      4. Are thier any holidays in Manado near the end of June.

Hopefully someone can help with this request as I have searched the net looking for info...thanks
      Regards Geoff

2 Answers Jan 2, 2008 at 9:38 PM
    • travel_bunny's Profile Photo

Transport from Makassar to Manado

by travel_bunny Online Now Aug 28, 2007 at 6:14 PM

Hi everyone,
      Was wondering if anyone can help. How do I travel from Ujung Pandang/Makassar to Manado? Is flight my only option? I read somewhere that I can take boats too - where do I find more details? Thanks!

2 Answers Sep 14, 2007 at 10:29 PM
    • Bunaken and Manado versus Lombok + other questions

by kosmo95 Online Now Mar 12, 2007 at 2:29 AM

I have been thinking of going to the Manado area for diving and some simple beach quiet time. Recently a friend who has been travelling in Indo for several montsh recommended I should just go to Lombok, that Bunaken is not worth the travel hassle (from Bali). Any opinions?

I was really keen on Manado area as it seems less touristy, the diving is better, the beaches quieter, the prices more affordable.

Also rumor has it that Murex has closed. Anybody aware of that?

Finally another question: from reading forums, it seems that the beaches on Bunaken are not that nice, but that they are much better on Bangka, Gangga and Siladen. Nicer in terms of more swimming depth and nicer clean sand. Can anyone give any precision on this?

Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 19, 2007 at 9:54 PM
    • How long are boat rides from Gangga at Bangka island to Lembeh and to Bunaken?

by WafafromDC Online Now Nov 10, 2006 at 8:54 AM

Does anyone know?

Someone provided the following info:

Bunaken/Manado Tua : 1 hour from Tasik Ria Resort by boat
      Lembeh : 2.5 hours from Tasik Ria Resort by car
      Popoh : 15 min from Tasik Ria Resort by boat

And I am looking for something similar for staying at Gangga

Thanks

2 Answers Nov 14, 2006 at 9:38 AM
    • rohinimol's Profile Photo

Dive operators/resorts in Manado

by rohinimol Online Now Aug 17, 2006 at 8:28 PM

Hi!

My husband and i are planning to be in Manado during the first week of October this year and i need the following advice. Keeping in mind that we are divers -

1. Where would be best for us to be be based - Bunaken, Lembeh or Manado?

2. Can anyone suggest any nice resort that they have stayed in? We do not mind small local resorts as long as they are clean and have good basic facilities. We want to go moderately cheap...not cheap dumps though :-)

3.Can anyone suggest any dive operators that they have dived with - all we want is well maintained equipment and if possible foreigner-owned joints.

Thank you in advance for the information!

5 Answers Oct 9, 2006 at 11:16 PM
    • Bunaken Diving

by Danniethediver Online Now Nov 6, 2005 at 4:59 PM

Can anyone recommend a dive resort on Bunaken? I want to go diving there again but the place I stayed last time (MC Homestay) had bad food and bad service. They also tried to cheat us with the bill. I visited the other places on Pangasilang Beach and some looked OK, with bungalows of varying quality, but I would be interested to hear reports about places on Pantai Liang on the other side of Bunaken.

6 Answers Nov 29, 2006 at 2:11 AM
    • steevie_wanders's Profile Photo

Where can I have a suit made?

by steevie_wanders Online Now Aug 27, 2005 at 1:42 PM

I will be visiting Manado in October to attend a wedding, and I need to get a suit made. Does anyone know of a cheap and reliable tailor in Manado, who can make me a jacket, trousers and shirt. Any ideas roughly how much this might cost, and how long it would take to make? Thanks, Steve.

3 Answers Jun 12, 2006 at 12:59 PM
    • Any long term accommodation in Manado?

by bhbg Online Now Jun 4, 2005 at 1:22 AM

Hi, We're leaving for Manado in a few weeks, July'05, and plan to stay there for six months. We're a couple and looking for long term accommodation somewhere in Manado-town. Has anyone stayed there on a long term basis, or know how we can go about finding a place for about 6 months? We haven't managed to find any information so far.. Also any info on where to stay when we get there, more budget-end than top-end, would help! thanks.

5 Answers Jun 9, 2005 at 5:19 PM
    • Travel advice - Is it safe?

by Olz Online Now Apr 26, 2005 at 11:45 AM

Hi, My girlfriend and i are planning a trip i august to North-Sulawesi. We only
      have one month and plan to stay relatively long a few places and dive/relax.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Denmark, says don't go to Poso, and we don't plan to. But they also writes about a potential risk of getting kidnapped by Philipinese terrorists? What's your oppinion about that risk? They don't warn about the Philipines? The same oppinion is posted ont the foreign affairs departments of the US, Australis, Canada and so on. To me it seems a political issue?! Whats your oppinion?

Did anyone of you travel as a couple (man/woman)? I think about travelling in religious areas without being legally married, and do anyone had any issues as a woman traveller?

General travel advises, on the Bunaken, Manado, Lembeh areas is warmly welcome! :)

Cheers.
      Kristian
      Denmark

3 Answers May 8, 2005 at 8:23 PM
    • jorgegomes's Profile Photo

Manado beaches

by jorgegomes Online Now Nov 23, 2004 at 6:06 AM

Hi all, I'm intending to spend a week, next March in Manado, and I want to know how are the beaches over there. I want to dive but my wife like more to stay on the beach... Any hint about resorts (not too expensive) and with a nice beach would be appreciated. Thanks Jorge

4 Answers Nov 14, 2006 at 9:46 AM
    • Manado recommendations

by tanglc Online Now Aug 23, 2004 at 12:30 AM

hi there, anyone been to manado before? whr's a good place to stay & what to look out for?

5 Answers Sep 11, 2004 at 6:03 PM