Manado Travel Answers

change location
Inzaneclown's Profile Photo

Muslim food

by Inzaneclown Online Now Apr 16, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Hi..i'll be travelling to Manado in June.I just want to find out if there's any food stall that sell Muslim food?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Muslim food

by pangtidor Online Now Apr 17, 2008 at 6:36 AM

Hi there..
    I do understand your concern because Manado is a Christian place and many restaurants serve pork and other exotic food (dog or bats). Nevertheless, the North Manado area (Tuminting and Wonasa)is known as the moslem place. Dont worry for the halal food in manado. JUST DONT EAT IN THE CHINESE RESTAURANT OR MINAHASA RESTAURANT. The food will not be halal in these kind of restaurants in Manado. You will see the international fastfood stands (KFC,Pizza HUT, TFC,CFC) that absolutely halal. The food courts in the malls or restaurants will put the sign 100%HALAL or RUMAH MAKAN ISLAM for the Moslem food. RUMAH MAKAN PADANG (you will recognize the unique design roof), DEPOT JAWA TIMUR, JAVA/JAWA RESTAURANTS are serving the halal food in Manado.Ask help from the local people. There are some people with the head cover (absolutely moslem ladies) anywhere, just ask HALAL FOOD RESTAURANTS locations to them too. Many may not speak English but they do understand what the halal food is. Happy trip

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Inzaneclown's Profile Photo

Re: Muslim food

by Inzaneclown Online Now Apr 17, 2008 at 9:58 PM

Thanks..for the useful info :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Inzaneclown's Profile Photo

Re: Muslim food

by Inzaneclown Online Now Apr 17, 2008 at 9:59 PM

Thanks..for the useful info :)