Manado Travel Answers

change location
rohinimol's Profile Photo

Dive operators/resorts in Manado

by rohinimol Online Now Aug 17, 2006 at 8:28 PM

Hi!

My husband and i are planning to be in Manado during the first week of October this year and i need the following advice. Keeping in mind that we are divers -

1. Where would be best for us to be be based - Bunaken, Lembeh or Manado?

2. Can anyone suggest any nice resort that they have stayed in? We do not mind small local resorts as long as they are clean and have good basic facilities. We want to go moderately cheap...not cheap dumps though :-)

3.Can anyone suggest any dive operators that they have dived with - all we want is well maintained equipment and if possible foreigner-owned joints.

Thank you in advance for the information!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • waraney's Profile Photo

RE: Dive operators/resorts in Manado

by waraney Online Now Aug 18, 2006 at 12:16 PM

First of all. I'm not a diver though I'm a local. So, about your base it really depends. Bunaken is about 45 minutes to 1 hour from Manado if you are using traditional outrigger motorboat. Lembeh, as of my knowledge, is for upmarket. If you want to stay in Bunaken, then you can check out Bastianos (www.bastianos.com). Or, in Manado, about 25 minutes drive actually, you can check Hotel Santika (www.santika.com/santika_manado.htm) where they have, I believe, first class equipment through Thalassa Dive Center, or Tasik Ria resort with their
    Eco Divers "a European-managed PADI 5 Star Gold Palm IDC Resort."
    Hope this can help you. Have a nice dives and vacation.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • rohinimol's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Dive operators/resorts in Manado

by rohinimol Online Now Aug 28, 2006 at 4:36 PM

This is really helpful - Thanks. We have been looking at Bastianos so we may end up staying there. I have been trying the Santika website but can't seem to access it. I'll just have to keep trying.

Are the resort beaches in Manado clean?

Thanks again

• rohinimol's Profile Photo

RE: RE: RE: Dive operators/resorts in Manado

by rohinimol Online Now Aug 28, 2006 at 7:54 PM

This is really helpful - Thanks. We have been looking at Bastianos so we may end up staying there. I have been trying the Santika website but can't seem to access it. I'll just have to keep trying.

Are the resort beaches in Manado clean?

Thanks again

• sybille's Profile Photo

by sybille Online Now Aug 31, 2006 at 12:45 AM

Hi,
    lucky you! you are going to my favourite part of the world!

It really depends what kind of diving you prefer. Lembeh Strait is for those of us who love muck-diving and taking uw photos of macro subjects, you know, critters. Good value for money option on Lembeh Island is the Lembeh Divers Lodge.

Bunaken Marine Park on the other hand, is for reef and wall diving. Also very nice indeed. I have stayed at Two Fish Divers on Bunaken Island. They are very good value for money. I have also heard good things about Bastianos.Bastianos also has a place on Lembeh Island, so you might be able to get a good deal staying at both places.

Closer to Manado, Murex offers good value for money, and Tasik Ria is a really nice place. So, take your pick and enjoy!!

• Celebes's Profile Photo

by Celebes Online Now Oct 9, 2006 at 11:16 PM

You can stay in Minahasa hotel and you can dive in Living colors

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines