Manado Travel Answers

change location

Bunaken Diving

by Danniethediver Online Now Nov 6, 2005 at 4:59 PM

Can anyone recommend a dive resort on Bunaken? I want to go diving there again but the place I stayed last time (MC Homestay) had bad food and bad service. They also tried to cheat us with the bill. I visited the other places on Pangasilang Beach and some looked OK, with bungalows of varying quality, but I would be interested to hear reports about places on Pantai Liang on the other side of Bunaken.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Astene's Profile Photo

RE: Bunaken Diving

by Astene Online Now Nov 14, 2005 at 5:38 PM

Hi! I posted your question in my diving community and here are the replies I got. Hope this would be of help. Cheers, Arianne

Info provided by Abi (Daniel Abimanyu -PADI SDI/TDI instructor trainer & owner of Bubbles dive shop): "Try BASTIANOS, friend of mine is the manager of the resort his name is Frans , just tell him that you are from Bubbles, normally they will give you a special price." You may check out more info on www.bastianos.com.

Below are the resort's contact details:
    Bastianos Resort & Diving Center
    Liang Beach - Bunaken Island
    Jln. Cokroaminoto 19
    Manado 95122
    North Sulawesi, Indonesia
    Phone : +(62)431-853566, +(62)811434666, +(62)811435176
    Facsimile : +(62)431-858454
    Email : info@bastianos.com

ACCOMODATION
    Fullboard Beachfront Accommodation
    Single
    Diver
    US$ 32.00 /person/night Non-Diver
    US$ 42.00 /person/night
    Double/Twin
    Diver
    US$ 25.00 /person/night Non-Diver
    US$ 35.00 /person/night

Fullboard Hillside Accommodation
    Single
    Diver
    US$ 29.00 /person/night Non-Diver
    US$ 39.00 /person/night
    Double/Twin
    Diver
    US$ 22.00 /person/night Non-Diver
    US$ 32.00 /person/night

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Astene's Profile Photo

by Astene Online Now Nov 14, 2005 at 5:50 PM

Hi! Here's another reply from my diving friends. Hope the info is of help and wishing you another great dive experience in Bunaken. It is one of my top 3 favorite dive sites in Indonesia :). Cheers, Arianne

"I've stayed with Froggies diver before (www.divefroggies.com). It was a great experience, the people were very friendly and helpful, the rented equipment were all at tip-top condition and the guides were knowledgeable. You'll dive in a small group i.e. max 4 persons in a dive boat.. thus can enjoy more.
    3 meals and drinks included in the stay price, and they will cater to your request without additional charges! I asked for pisang goreng (banana fritter) as I was hungry all the time after a dive, and to my surprise they didnt charge it into my bill! Also you'll get free housereef dives during afternoon when there's no boats travelling the area. They only have few bungalows tho, and u have to book far in advance.. hope it helps.
    Oh ya, laundry is also included in the price! and your clean clothes will be in your room/on your bed when u're back from diving that day, tied with a ribbon, like a sweet gift :) Cheers, Nining"

Froggies Divers
    Address:
    PO Box 1520
    Manado 95015 - Sulut
    INDONESIA
    Phone : (62) 431 850 210
    HP : (62) 812 430 1356 or 1464
    E-mail: manado@divefroggies.com

• xty's Profile Photo

by xty Online Now Nov 21, 2005 at 10:19 AM

Can't recommend one as I did snorkelling only for a couple of times. But you may try eco-divers.com or Blue Banter (www.bluebanter-manado.com).

Check out also:
    http://www.north-sulawesi.com
    www.sulawesi-info.com
    http://www.divenorthsulawesi.com

• RE: Bunaken Diving

by dumnam Online Now Jan 14, 2006 at 12:44 AM

Probably this meet your requirement, Minahasa Lagoon Resort is situated on the mainland coast of North Sulawesi, 30 km South-West of Manado. Its Diver Center is equipped with the most modern gear and its directed by European PADI instructors.You can afford dive package at discounted rates here
    www.save-money-diving.com as they contact directly with this resort.

• Celebes's Profile Photo

by Celebes Online Now Oct 9, 2006 at 11:32 PM

you can come to Living colors dive center in pangalisang beach

• RE: Bunaken Diving

by octopusb Online Now Nov 29, 2006 at 2:11 AM

I have been to Mc Homestay (now M.C. Dive Bunaken) a few times in the past 2 years and i had a very good time there, i found the food very good and tastefull, also the other guest did like the food very much.
    It is now under new dutch management and is called M.C. Dive Bunaken and i think they are doing a good job. I can only reccomand this resort.
    www.mcdivebunaken.com

Greetings
    octopus b

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines