Manado Travel Answers

change location
steevie_wanders's Profile Photo

Where can I have a suit made?

by steevie_wanders Online Now Aug 27, 2005 at 1:42 PM

I will be visiting Manado in October to attend a wedding, and I need to get a suit made. Does anyone know of a cheap and reliable tailor in Manado, who can make me a jacket, trousers and shirt. Any ideas roughly how much this might cost, and how long it would take to make? Thanks, Steve.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Perucha's Profile Photo

RE: Where can I have a suit made?

by Perucha Online Now Aug 28, 2005 at 7:42 AM

I don't know where exactly in Manado, but you can always see the sign with "Tailor" or "Tukang Jahit" (for men, they usually display the suits on mannequin in the etalage) :)
    But for Indonesian standard, it takes a week to make. As for the cost, again I'm not sure in Manado, it all depends on the quality and location of the tailor. Probably it cost around Rp 500,000 for jacket, trouser and shirt.
    Hope it helps.

PH

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Where can I have a suit made?

by janvanderpol Online Now Jun 3, 2006 at 2:04 AM

Hi Steve,

I'll visit Manado in July. Has you been able to find a reliable tailor? How long does is take to make a suit. I'll stay for three days in Manado. Please let me know.

Regards from Holland,

Jan

• steevie_wanders's Profile Photo

Where can I have a suit made?

by steevie_wanders Online Now Jun 12, 2006 at 12:59 PM

Hi Jan,
    I had a suit made on the street called Jalan Walanda Marmaris. Unfortunately I can't rememeber the name of the Tailor's, but it is on the right hand side as you walk towards Pasar 45/the sea front. It took about 3 days to make, and cost around 1 million Rupiah. This was a little more than I expected, but still cheap for us Europeans! I hope this helps. Happy travels :)
    Steve

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines