Manado Travel Answers

change location

Any long term accommodation in Manado?

by bhbg Online Now Jun 4, 2005 at 1:22 AM

Hi, We're leaving for Manado in a few weeks, July'05, and plan to stay there for six months. We're a couple and looking for long term accommodation somewhere in Manado-town. Has anyone stayed there on a long term basis, or know how we can go about finding a place for about 6 months? We haven't managed to find any information so far.. Also any info on where to stay when we get there, more budget-end than top-end, would help! thanks.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • skyb88's Profile Photo

by skyb88 Online Now Jun 4, 2005 at 10:04 PM

How about if you rent a little house in there. 6 months is quiet long time. I think rent a house is cheaper.

Have a nice trip,

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Any long term accommodation in Manado?

by bhbg Online Now Jun 5, 2005 at 12:57 AM

Hi! thanks for your reply.
    Yes, that's what we were also thinking, to rent a little place.. But don't really know where to start searching. Not sure if there is an agent or people in Manado that rents out places for that long?
    Any ideas?

• kirin1905's Profile Photo

by kirin1905 Online Now Jun 5, 2005 at 4:39 AM

Hi there, most of my family still lived in Manado, so, I can ask them to find it for you, kindly email me what exactly do you need and your range budget.

• wanderer101's Profile Photo

RE: Any long term accommodation in Manado?

by wanderer101 Online Now Jun 5, 2005 at 7:59 PM

hi there i have a relative who run a small cottage in tomohon about 25 km from manado, the place is cool because it sit on the hill of the mountain, they rent the cottage for longer stay up to 1 year, good location, clean and the price is reasonable.

email me what your budget and itinerary and i will past it on to him. and if you now in indonesia i can give you his hand phone number and you can call him up and ask your question.

have nice trip in manado.

• RE: RE: Any long term accommodation in Manado?

by bhbg Online Now Jun 9, 2005 at 5:19 PM

Hi!Thanks so much for your replies!
    'Wanderer101' the place in Tomohon sounds great! but we have to be close to the university as my partner has to go there everyday. But Tomohon sounds great for weekends!
    'Kirin1905' we're not really sure what you would pay for rent in Manado? Any idea? We're probably just looking for a place with 1 or 2 bedrooms,kitchen with some cooking facility(but we plan to try alot of local delights!), bathroom with toilet&shower and maybe somewhere to sit outside; Nothing too big or fancy. Any rough idea what we should budget for?
    Terima kasih bantuan Anda!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines