Manado Travel Answers

change location
jorgegomes's Profile Photo

Manado beaches

by jorgegomes Online Now Nov 23, 2004 at 6:06 AM

Hi all, I'm intending to spend a week, next March in Manado, and I want to know how are the beaches over there. I want to dive but my wife like more to stay on the beach... Any hint about resorts (not too expensive) and with a nice beach would be appreciated. Thanks Jorge

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • lelaki's Profile Photo

Re: Manado beaches

by lelaki Online Now Nov 24, 2004 at 9:18 AM

For first hand info, pls try to contact the address on this website: sulut.go.id/info.php?kodeID=... Long years a go, I spent several nights on The Novotel, a hotel by the sea, hot seafood, warung Miangas, and so on.... have a nice diving in Bunaken.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xty's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Manado beaches

by xty Online Now Nov 28, 2004 at 9:02 AM

For both at the same time, better to go to Bunaken island, the top place for diving. It's about 45 minutes by boat (rent for45 from morning till afternoon for 10-15 passengers capacity - better share with others) from Manado seaport/marina. There you'll find some small cottages (owned by small restaurants) that costs around US$15/night. I don't know if you need to book first. Try www.eco-divers.com for more information on renting diving equipment etc. For beaches, your wife wants to swim or just hang around? Your wife can stay at the restaurants/cottages or just do sightseeing along the beach or inside the forest of Bunaken island while you go for snorkelling/diving (only 500m from the beach, unless you want to go deeper). For resort/hotel on the boulevard (no private sandy beach), you can try Ritzy hotel with its Blue Banter diving club.

• RE: Manado beaches

by Danniethediver Online Now Nov 6, 2005 at 5:03 PM

Go straight to Buanken Island. But watch out for cheap deals. Don't stay at MC Homestay. The Lonely Planet recommends it (very old visit from their travel writer methinks), but it has changed owners and my recent stay there was TERRIBLE.

• RE: Manado beaches

by Manguni Online Now Nov 14, 2006 at 9:46 AM

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines