Manado Travel Answers

change location

Manado recommendations

by tanglc Online Now Aug 23, 2004 at 12:30 AM

hi there, anyone been to manado before? whr's a good place to stay & what to look out for?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Re: Manado recommendations

by chrisvbedugul Online Now Aug 23, 2004 at 5:49 AM

Manado is beautiful. It is not too well developed,but is really enjoyable. The people are fantastic. The whole area is renowned for coral reefs, and scuba and snorkelling are big sports there. There are several places to stay, the Barracuda Diving Club (you don't have to dive), Froggies on Bunaken, which is a national heritage area, and for a hotel try the Golden Tulip Beach Resort. Quite reasonable. Enjoy.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Manado recommendations

by tanglc Online Now Aug 23, 2004 at 4:57 PM

thanks. anyone knows how much is the flight from kuala lumpur, malaysia to manado?

• skyb88's Profile Photo

Manado recommendations

by skyb88 Online Now Aug 23, 2004 at 10:21 PM

As i know there is no direct flight Kuala Lumpur - Manado. You should fly to Jakarta first. Then take flight Jakarta - Manado. You can check on http://www.bouraq.com. Have a nice vacation, Rini

• Re: Manado recommendations

by tanglc Online Now Aug 24, 2004 at 12:23 AM

malaysian airlines does fly to manado twice a week. but im not able to get indicative prices.

• sybille's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Manado recommendations

by sybille Online Now Sep 11, 2004 at 6:03 PM

the best dive operations around Manado are Eco Divers operating from Tasik Ria Resort, very reasonably priced, great food, great diving (I stayed and dived with them in April 04) Murex Divers has a good reputation too, but I have not stayed with them. If you want to stay on Bunaken Island, I would suggest Froggy Dive (if you can get a room). MH operates via Kota Kinabalu twice a week. Silk Air has direct services from SIN, check their website, they have specials to Manado which are valid for travel until the end of November. cheers, Sybille

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines