Mammoth Lakes

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Mamoth lake visit?

by Raja_ei Online Now Yesterday

Is it good time to visit mammoth lake in may end?

2 Answers Yesterday
    • Hiking in April

by vivianchen Online Now Apr 9, 2015 at 4:47 PM

What is hiking like right now?

6 Answers Apr 15, 2015 at 2:54 AM
    • Roads open in early June to Yosemite

by maggielagan Online Now Feb 25, 2014 at 12:28 AM

which roads are open in early June to Yosemite from Mammoth lakes

3 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 8:54 PM
    • Best place for lessons and rentals if staying at Westin Monache

by rachtxgrl Online Now Nov 18, 2013 at 9:00 AM

We are staying at the The Westin Monache with 2 kids and 2 adults that are ski virgins the week of New Years. Where is the best place to take lessons, rent equipment, etc.? Is it better to try to ski during the weekdays, weekend, or does it make a difference?

2 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 10:34 PM
    • Devil's Postpile Question

by travelfan2 Online Now Apr 29, 2012 at 10:57 AM

How long does it take to hike to Devil's Postpile?? I know that we have to take the shuttle bus.But once we get there,how long does it take to get there?
      And also we plan to hike down to Rainbow Falls. I was just wondering how long does it take to hike to both places in the course of a day?

1 Answer Apr 29, 2012 at 6:23 PM
    • What are the temperatures during the day in the month of June?

by travelfan2 Online Now Apr 24, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Just wondering what are the temperatures during the day in the month of June?
      What should I pack for the trip??

1 Answer Apr 24, 2012 at 3:09 PM
    • Mammoth Lakes Question

by travelfan2 Online Now Apr 6, 2012 at 12:07 PM

I would like to know if anyone has visited Mammoth Lakes in the month of June??
      I am planning to visit Mammoth Lakes area in June. Wondering what can i expect that time of year???

1 Answer Apr 6, 2012 at 12:54 PM
    • Juli_br's Profile Photo

Weather in may

by Juli_br Online Now Jan 31, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I was just wondering how's the weather like in May. Is it possible to sky?
      Tks.

3 Answers Apr 23, 2012 at 4:57 PM
    • HELEN's Profile Photo

Ice Skating and/or Sledding

by HELEN Online Now Feb 15, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Can anyone recommend a good place to go sledding or Ice skating in Mammoth?
      Thank you in advance!

2 Answers Feb 22, 2011 at 5:17 PM
    • Bay Area to Mammoth Lakes

by rene82 Online Now Jul 16, 2010 at 8:54 PM

What is the quickest way to get to Mammoth Lakes from the Bay Area in late July? We are starting a backpacking trip and need to pick up a wilderness permit as close to 11am as possible before they run out. How long does it take? If we go through Yosemite, do we have to pay for entrance?

2 Answers Jul 20, 2010 at 5:08 PM
    • koshka31's Profile Photo

Trumbull Lake?

by koshka31 Online Now Jun 2, 2009 at 7:53 AM

Does anyone know what the Trumbull Lake campground is like? Are there better campgrounds in the area between Trumbull & Mammoth Lakes?

Thanks

1 Answer Jun 2, 2009 at 2:27 PM
    • August fun night spots

by lkcreeves Online Now Aug 19, 2007 at 9:35 PM

I'm coming up tomorrow and wonder where are fun places to go midweek in Aug. Let me know

• OutdoorkindaGirl's Profile Photo

Hot Creek?

by OutdoorkindaGirl Online Now Jul 25, 2007 at 11:42 PM

Is Hot Creek still closed to bathing and swimming? We were planning a trip and this was a stop on our list. I would love to sit in the Hot Springs after all the hiking we will be doing on our weeks vacation! Thank you for all your help!

• tgrace's Profile Photo

Mammoth Lakes CA

by tgrace Online Now Mar 4, 2007 at 7:36 PM

I'm planning a backpaking trip from Mammoth Lakess Ca to Yosemite. Any pointer? Trails, routes and suck

1 Answer Mar 4, 2007 at 8:18 PM
    • chewy3326's Profile Photo

Hiking in Ansel Adams Wilderness

by chewy3326 Online Now Jan 12, 2006 at 1:27 PM

I'm planning a trip to Yosemite-Mammoth Lakes in June, and will probably be in Mammoth Lakes in late June. At the moment, I've planned to do a very long day hike to Thousand Island Lake, but I'm not sure of that is possible, so could anyone give me an estimation of the time needed to hike there? Or would Garnet Lake be a better choice? Lastly, how much snow will be around that elevation in late June? Thanks.

2 Answers Jun 17, 2007 at 4:20 PM
    • Please recommend a cabin near a beautiful lake

by LynnLine Online Now Jul 13, 2005 at 10:31 PM

My husband, my daughter and her friend (and possibly our dog) will be traveling to Mammoth Lakes in a couple of weeks. Can anyone recommend a nice cabin that is on one of the beautiful lakes in the area?

1 Answer Jul 14, 2005 at 2:30 PM
    • Christmas - New Year's Holiday Rental - Condo or House

by skiier Online Now Jul 8, 2004 at 10:48 AM

I am looking to rent a 3 or 4 bedroom condo or house (minimum 3 baths) for winter skiing for 6 nights from Dec. 27/04 checkout Jan. 2/05. I am looking for a location near the ski bus shuttle or within walking distance of the lifts, at a rate not to exceed approx.350-450 per night. I would welcome your ideas. Thank you.

• Hotel in Mammoth Lakes

by slimandthe Online Now Jan 15, 2004 at 4:09 PM

Hi. Can you help?? I'm looking for a hotel for 2 adults and 3 childred for 1 night. Any suggestions? Many thanks.

3 Answers Jan 15, 2004 at 7:49 PM
    • La to Mammoth

by Ninka Online Now Apr 4, 2003 at 5:05 AM

Does anyone know an easy, yet not too expensive, way to get to Mammoth Lakes from Los Angeles (and back)? A) I do not drive, so can't get there by rental car. B) I want to go on a Wednesday, but can only find busses that go on a Saturday C) as I am only going for 4 days (back to LA on Sunday), I dont want to be wasting my time travelling for more than 9/10 hours. any help greatly appreciated!

8 Answers Aug 25, 2003 at 4:02 PM
    • How do I get there without a car?

by jthayer Online Now Jan 22, 2003 at 9:33 PM

I need to get from the Bay Area to Mammoth. The planes don't go there. I can't find a bus that goes there. I really don't want to pay for a car for a week. Can you help?

2 Answers Jan 31, 2003 at 7:52 PM