Mammoth Lakes Travel Answers

change location
Juli_br's Profile Photo

Weather in may

by Juli_br Online Now Jan 31, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I was just wondering how's the weather like in May. Is it possible to sky?
Tks.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Jamesr3939's Profile Photo

Re: Weather in may

by Jamesr3939 Online Now Jan 31, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Normally to ski in May would not be a problem. I know they ski most years into June and even July. However, this year we have had no snow and I don't see any coming any time soon. If we don't get a lot of snow in February then the chances are pretty slim you will able to ski in May.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Jan 31, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Assuming you are talking about down hill skiing. The Mammoth Lakes resort is located very high in the mountains and has a great array of lifts. Last year they were skiing in Mammoths until mid June. As the other responder has suggested this year the snow has been very light. There are a lot of areas in the vicinity of Mammoth that are also good for cross country skiing. No telling what will happen between now and then snow wise but the prognosis at this point is bleak.

Having said that there is still a lot to do and see in the area and the surrounding area is gorgeous.

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

by Roadquill Online Now Apr 23, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Update - this year through May 31 per MM formal announcement, although I just up there on April 21, and it was warm and the snow was a-melting.... Karl

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines