Mammoth Cave National Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• nashville to mamoth caves?

Kentucky Mar 28, 2014 at 4:24 PM

We will be visiting Nashville next july and saw that the mamoth caves national park isnt that far from it in Kentucky. The probleme we are facing is we will not have a car so i wondered if there were any guided tour, transportation or solution for us to see the caves. The best scenarios would be a small tour operator that could bring us there and back in nashville afterward... but if there is any busses going there, that could drop us off at the caves that could do.. we are also going to chicago by grayhound bus after the nashville stop so it could be a stop along the way.... any ideas? we would like to see them. thanks.

more
    • apuleuis's Profile Photo

What cave tour to take?

by apuleuis Online Now Aug 4, 2012 at 7:37 AM

My boyfriend and I are going to Mammoth Cave as part of a road trip this fall. I see there are a lot of options for tours. Any suggestions? We're more interested in cave features & scenery not the historic stuff.

1 Answer Jul 6, 2013 at 5:49 AM
    • Camping

by chasm4u Online Now May 24, 2006 at 2:28 PM

We will be camping at headquaters campground, any tips? suggestions? We plan on doing a few cave tours at mammoth and in cave city, nothing WILD but what would you suggest us do above ground, we will have 4 days 2 or 3 dedicated to teh park one or two outside the park. Are the Ranger programs offered? such as night hikes, nature walks etc?

1 Answer Jun 11, 2006 at 11:12 AM
    • HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

Is a weekend long enough?

by HotRodEtte Online Now Jul 14, 2005 at 1:03 PM

My best friend and I are going to take a weekend (without using vacation time) to go to Mammoth Cave NP. Is this enough time, or are there so many thngs to do that we'll have to take more time to fit it in?

5 Answers Jul 22, 2005 at 10:55 AM