Mammoth Travel Answers

change location

juniper springs resort

by michelleava Online Now Mar 1, 2011 at 8:47 PM

We are thinking of staying at juniper springs but trip advisor has some really bad reviews, although some of these are old. Is this a good place to stay or is the service and rooms as bad as some people say? Also, is it too far away from the village? I've been told village access is easy on shuttle buses. I love ski in ski out but not if that means we are isolated

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Roadquill's Profile Photo

Re: juniper springs resort

by Roadquill Online Now Mar 2, 2011 at 1:07 AM

Hi Michelle, I have stayed a Juniper Springs and it is an upscale unit, right at the Eastern base of Mammoth Mountain. It is ski in, ski out at the Eagle Lift, but that sometime closes early in the year (although with the snowfall so far it should easily be good through the end of April). It is a little out of the way, but the shuttles run fairly frequently from Juniper Springs to the Village, then on to Canyon Lodge. The transportation website says they only go to 5:30, but I know they go later. It is probably only a 10 minute shuttle to the Village, so I would not call that isolated. As to the quality, maybe from a price standpoint some people find they pay more than what they would expect, but the ski in/ski out places do command a premium. Personally I prefer to stay at the Austriahof, about 150 yards (across the parking lot) from the Canyonlodge. It is not fancy, kind of funky, been there since I started skiing in Mammoth 30+ years ago, but a lot less expensive than JS. Plus they have a good bar where you can get hot, spiced mulled wine. let me know if you have any questions. Karl

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Roadquill's Profile Photo

Re: juniper springs resort

by Roadquill Online Now Mar 2, 2011 at 1:10 AM

Also, you may want to post your question in the Mammoth Lakes forum....

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines