Travel Answers
Maluku Province

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Chyan's Profile Photo

How to go to Sriwijaya Archaeological Park?

Palembang Aug 10, 2015 at 6:36 AM

May i know how to go and how long does it take to travel by taxi from Palembang airport to Sriwijaya Archaeological Park?

more
    • Driver to Jakarta

Surabaya Aug 28, 2015 at 8:06 PM

I need to get from Surabaya to Jakarta tomorrow.
      Anyone know of private drivers ? The train is full and I cannot fly with my Visa.
      Please let me know. Thanks!

more
    • jeannetteb1's Profile Photo

Volcanoe disruption

Bali Aug 6, 2015 at 1:58 AM

Hi hoping someone can give me a little advice and support. We are due to fly out to Hong Kong this Sat with Cathay Pacific and then on to Bali on the 11th Aug. Does anyone know if Dragonair flights are being affected by the volcano ash? I can see lots of info for Virgin and Jetstar from Australian travellers but not a lot for other airlines. Cathay Pacific have very generic info on their website. I really don't know what to do, beginning to worry about flying to HK and getting stuck there! Booked everything ourselves, although insurance does at least cover us for the ash.
      Hoping for a little friendly support to stop me panicking!
      Thanks Jeannette

more
    • 10 days in Bali (+ Lombok/Gilli) over Christmas / New Year

Bali Aug 23, 2015 at 3:55 AM

Hi all,

I've spent quite a bit of time looking at suggested 10-day itineraries for Bali, but yet I still don't seem to have managed to find one that I feel works for me. I'm in Bali for 10 full days (11 nights), arriving on Christmas Eve and staying on until the 4th January. I will be arriving and departing from Denpasar

I'm not a big beach-goer or into surfing, though having said that, I would still like to fit in a couple of days at a quiet, relaxing beach. I will be travelling alone, and am in my mid-twenties. I don't drink, so I'm not looking for parties/bars/wild nights. I'm interested in exploring the history and culture, with a bit of down-time thrown in. I'm interested in the local life, scenery, food and exploration - so spending days at a beach resort is not too appealing - though some relaxation time on an authentic local beach would be lovely. I would also like to try and fit in Lombok and a couple of nights on one of the Gili islands - though I get the feeling that this might be trying to cram in too much.

At the moment, my rough itinerary is:

24/12 EVENING ARRIVAL

25/12 Bali (Ubud)

26/12 Bali (Ubud)

27/12 Bali (Ubud)

28/12 Bali (Ubud)

29/12 Lombok (Senggigi?)

30/12 Lombok (Senggigi?)

31/12 Gilli (Gilli T?)

01/01 Gilli (Gilli T?)

02/01 Bali (Sanur?)

03/01 Bali (Sanur?)

04/01 AFTERNOON DEPARTURE

I would be ever so grateful if you could share some ideas on which areas might be best for me to visit/stay for each of the proposed stops - as well as let me know if the itinerary is realistic. I would like the trip to be as comfortable as possible (I'm not a backpacker/hostel type), though, having said that, I will be on a budget (perhaps 3-star). As my trip is over the festive season, do you think that the date allocation for each stop is appropriate or should I make changes to the order that I plan to make each stop? I would also like the order of the itinerary to be appropriate and practical for departing for the next stop on my trip.

I have found that there are just so many variations and possible itineraries that cater for different interests, and I have just found it all very overwhelming, and not found a detailed itinerary that fully grabs me.

Thanks in advance!

more
    • Effects of Volcanic Ash in the city

Bali Aug 8, 2015 at 7:36 AM

I wonder if someone who is now in Bali can provide an update on the pollution level as a result of the volcanic ash. There was a report on BBC - August 7, showing damage to local crops and the thick ash on the crops and the locals using face masks. Would it be advisable to bring face mask for people going there in the next few days? In the hotels does the ash cover the surfaces...beds, tables, etc.? Just wanted to know what kind of an experience it is at this time. Thank you.

more
    • jeannetteb1's Profile Photo

Visas, payments and money exchange

Bali Aug 1, 2015 at 5:04 AM

Hi hoping for some up to date advice...

1) Am I correct that since June 2015 the visa-free policy is granted to foreign nationals of 30 additional countries and this now includes the UK so we will not now need to pay the US 35 dollar entry visa fee?

2) Is there a charge for departing the country as I have also read that the departure tax should be included in flight price. I'm getting confused reading advice to other people, on different forums on other sites. Any up to date advice would be great.

3) I know it is best to change to IDR there so would you take GBP travellers cheques or cash?

Thanks JB

more
    • What visa/permits do I need to visit Sorong?

Sorong Aug 5, 2015 at 9:55 PM

I'm planning to visit family in Sorong at the end of the year, but am unsure what visas/permits I need or where to get them. Could someone help me?

Thanks in advance for your help!

more
    • s.j86's Profile Photo

Phuket to Jakarta

Indonesia Aug 10, 2015 at 12:09 PM

Is there any ferry service from Phuket or any other part of Thailand to Jakarta or Bali or any other part of Indonesia? If yes, is it reliable?

more
    • Three weeks in Bali 27th February and Alcohol

Bali Aug 20, 2015 at 12:32 PM

My wife and I are due to spend about 3 weeks in Bali. We are both aged related pensioners and my last visit to a Muslim country was many years ago where alcohol was and is still prohibited. Not wishing to offend but like to have a glass or two of wine, especially with meals, I ask for advice. Not wanting to stay in 5 star hotels but prefer small guest house. Are there such places, that serve alcohol as in reasonably priced; Gin and Tonics, and wine ?
      Are there off licences/ stores where wines are readily available ?
      Can anyone advise on the best area for us to get a taxi to from the airport, to find such a Guest House, private facilities and hopefully a sea view. We will already have spent two months travelling so cost must be considered. We look for a; peaceful, tranquil setting but reasonably central for a few day excursions and site seeing.

more
    • Transportation in Ternate Island

Ternate Apr 30, 2015 at 12:31 AM

I'm going to Ternate Island in the coming July.

(1) Can we pick up ojek or a taxi at the airport in order to go to some downtown area ?
      (2) If we wanna use a taxi in a town, can we find one on the street ?
      (3) If we wanna rent a taxi for one day excurtion - say, 8 hours - how much will it be ? A rough idea is okay.

Chao.

• Spice tour

Ambon Oct 14, 2014 at 2:24 AM

Hi,Is it possible to view spice processing areas or factories.

With thanks Alan Wallis.

• Buying Spices

Maluku Province Oct 4, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Hi,hoping to arrive Ambon in the near future,looking for buying and cultivation of spices.

Best location for this and knowledge tours.

With thanks Al.

2 Answers Oct 4, 2014 at 3:44 PM
    • pemerintahan di pulau Yamdena

Pulau Yamdena Feb 5, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Nomer serta alamat email yang bisa dihubungi jika saya dan teman-teman ingin datang untuk mengeksplor sumberdaya laut terutama kondisi terumbu karang, apakah ada? terimakasih

1 Answer Feb 8, 2014 at 2:03 PM
    • Name of the Australian woman

Maluku Province Dec 5, 2013 at 7:00 AM

What is the name of the Australian woman who is running an ecotourism place in Maluku islands for the last many years?

• GaylFE's Profile Photo

Guide/Interpreter

Maluku Province Nov 22, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Hi, My brother and I will be visiting Morotai in August 2014. We will need a guide and interpreter as we do not speak Indonesian. Does anyone know of one? Thank you kindly

1 Answer Dec 3, 2013 at 11:45 AM
    • Patra guesthouse

Pulau Ambon Oct 9, 2013 at 2:44 AM

hi there, we are planning to have some days diving in Ambon. the dive shop is located in laha village and recommend us to stay at Penginapan Patra closed by. How is the guest house? What about food opportunity? How can I go to the town by public transport?
      Thanks!
      Hannako

1 Answer Oct 10, 2013 at 2:37 AM
    • Travel Ternate to Morotai

Pulau Ternate Oct 5, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Have you flight time of planes

2 Answers Oct 13, 2013 at 10:42 PM
    • citychildsuperstar's Profile Photo

mobile sim chips.

Ambon Nov 2, 2011 at 2:04 AM

can anyone tell me what is the situation of telecommunication in Ambon, can i buy a disposal able chip at the arrival airport in denpassar or Jakarta. and can be used all over the Indonesian Acapulco.

2 Answers Nov 14, 2011 at 6:32 PM

how i can i contact the owner for a booking in October 2012

Pulau Saparua Oct 25, 2011 at 10:21 PM

a very beautiful place, i would like to know how i can book for accommodation for may one week stay before i leave back to Ambon and than home in Sydney Australia. can any one please give me an insight and a helping hand, please.

6 Answers Oct 26, 2011 at 7:27 AM

home pilgrimage 2012

Pulau Ambon Oct 23, 2011 at 6:31 PM

can anyone advice me please, my name is George ANAKOTTA, i live in Australia cobar nsw2835. i have a disability full pension and i am 65 yrs of age fit of sort with diabetic and slight heart nothing serious.
      my question is i know Garuda flies from Sydney to Jakarta than to Ambon, there i need to have a cheap place to stay, and see the sights for 4 days or more, and than how can i go to Pulau Saparua birth place of my ancestors. question is how can i reach there and living accommodation in Saparua and mode of transport to Pulau Saparua from Ambon. all advice will be welcome thank you all in advance.
      which is the best month to travel to Ambon than most important.

3 Answers Oct 24, 2011 at 9:25 AM
    • visiting Ambon March 2012

Pulau Ambon Aug 19, 2011 at 4:04 AM

I have the honor of bringing to Ambon via Jakarta, a party of ex Jap-POW's- British World War 11 veterans. Many are now in the late 80s -early 90s and it will be a very poingnant visit, and realistically, probably their last visit. Many are now widowers, living on their own, and some are quite impoverished. The trip is being funded by some charities, and National Lottery. However there will be little spare spending money and I need to look at making savings wherever possible.

Any offers of assistance by way of being a point of contact general adviser, and occasional tour guide would be appreciated. Wages are terrible-NONE! But a few beers, and the gratitude of the veterans will be on offer. Plus autograph signing and photoshoots.

1 Answer Aug 19, 2011 at 4:32 PM
    • Travelling to the Banda islands mid - end September

Bandanaira Aug 12, 2011 at 9:47 PM

We want to travel to the Banda islands. Somewhere between mid and the end of September. In total we have about 2,5 weeks. We live in Indonesia and our travel schedule can be a little bit flexible.

I hear the seas around the islands can be rough. Some websites say till mid September others say till October. Can anyone give me more accurate information on this based on their experience?

The latest information I got about flights to Bandanaira is 2 times a week. Book ahead about a week. Flight back from Bandanaira book a week ahead, use a local agent.
      Can anyone tell me whether the situation is still like this. Also can anyone recommend a local agent who I can contact to book my flights.
      Any other usefully information you want to share is more than welcome.
      Thanks

4 Answers Aug 22, 2011 at 8:06 PM
    • Traditional Hotel in Ambon

Pulau Ambon Mar 21, 2011 at 8:47 PM

What's the name of traditional hotel in Ambon ?
      we want to come next week...
      please help me...

1 Answer Mar 24, 2011 at 1:55 AM
    • ambon airport transportation

Pulau Ambon Nov 24, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Hi everyboby,
      I'm flyimg next 18 December from jakarta to Ambon. What is the cheapest way to get from Ambon airport to downtown Ambon?
      thank you for your information,

Welles.

1 Answer Nov 24, 2010 at 6:58 PM
    • from ambon to banda

Maluku Province Nov 9, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Hi,
      I am flying from jakarta to Ambon saturday 18 december 2010, then I would like to get the pelni ship to Banda. Is there a ship scheduled for that day? What time? I have the choice to leave jakarta at 1 o'clock in the morning arriving in Ambon at 6 o'clock,or at 6 o' clock arriving around 12 o'clock.
      Thank you very much for your information.
      welles.

2 Answers Nov 21, 2010 at 10:34 PM
    • AUSTRALIA TO AMBON

Ambon Aug 11, 2010 at 12:27 AM

My Grandfather was in the battle of Ambon in WWII, and for my 22nd birthday i wish to go there. but im looking for the funnest way, i dont want to catch a plane first class there, i want to island hop and backpack from East Timor to Pappa New Guinea (KAKODA!), with ambon and others in the middle.
      can anyone help me in finding a fun way for this trip out of the square?
      any suggestions?

aussiegal

3 Answers Aug 14, 2010 at 5:43 PM
    • halikowski's Profile Photo

Siao

Maluku Province Mar 1, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Hello, Is Siao one of the islands between Maluku and Mindanao. Or where is it exactly?
      Stefan

1 Answer Mar 1, 2010 at 1:25 PM
    • Banda and Kei islands in August?

Maluku Province Jul 7, 2009 at 3:07 AM

Hi guys, I'm in trouble. I've been planning to go to Maluku this August but I forgot to check about the weather and now I know it's rainy season there!
      So my question is, is it worth going there this August? If i want to do some diving, snorkelling, fishing...and laying on the beach.
      Thank you very much for your help in advance!

1 Answer Jul 7, 2009 at 12:13 PM
    • Best time of year?

Maluku Province Mar 27, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Hi, I want to go to the Banda Islands and the Kai Islands (and briefly to central and north Maluku) next year. Can someone please tell me the best time of year to go? Thanks, Malcolm

2 Answers May 20, 2009 at 10:33 PM
    • National parks in Maluku

Maluku Province Mar 4, 2009 at 10:57 AM

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can recommend some good national parks in Maluku. The Manusela one sounds pretty hard and possibly costly - has anybody been to some others in the area they could recommend?

Thanks,
      Malcolm

5 Answers May 20, 2009 at 10:26 PM
    • 4 weeks Makassar - Maluku & back

Maluku Province Nov 2, 2008 at 1:20 AM

Hi!

I will fly to Makassar around mid-december. 30 days later I will fly back to KL from there.

Now i have 4 weeks to burn around Maluku.

My wishlist is the following.

Flores - Ende, Moni , Mount Kelimutu
      Pulau Alor
      Kai Islands
      Banda Islands
      Ambon

if enough time: Tana Toraja

Is it possible to squeeze these highlights in a 4 weeks trip . Makassar and back!?

If u know other things which are not to be missed pls advise.
      Also what about Malaria? Are Kina or Roche (Indo tabs) sufficient..or would u go for expensive Lariam?

Thank you so much for assisting

U may also drop me some lines @ mh.intern@gmail.com im also in facebook marc.55@gmx.net

Thanks heaps guys! I appreciate it so much!

3 Answers Dec 4, 2008 at 10:43 PM
    • Aru Island Travel advice

Maluku Province Oct 17, 2008 at 5:07 AM

Can anyone out there tell me how I can travel from Ambon to the Aru Islands?
      And if I'll find anywhere to stay when I get there?
      And how easy it will be to travel between the islands once I'm there?

Any practical advice/top tips welcome.

Thanks

3 Answers Dec 4, 2008 at 10:46 PM
    • Tribes and culture

Pulau Buru Jul 16, 2008 at 1:10 AM

Hi, I'm Marulam Marbun from Medan, North Sumatera, Indonesia.
      I'm going to be working on a project in Pulau Buru, and I need some information about the island.
      Please inform me about tribes in Pulau Buru, and about their culture.
      And how about the people of Pulau Buru.
      Is there any preparation that i need to do before going to the island?
      Thank you for your help.

4 Answers Jul 17, 2008 at 7:52 PM
    • Visiting Ternate in October 2008 - help with resources for tracking Family Tree

Maluku Province Jan 21, 2008 at 6:26 AM

Hi everyone

We have been doing some research on my wifes family tree, and found that her ancestors (Cornabe) are from the Moluccas Islands, and it seems mainly Ternate. In fact Alexander Cornabe was governor there in 1780-1793. His wife was Margaretha Durr, and they all eventually track back to Holland.

We would like to visit the island, but i can find very little on island transport and hotels. Could you help us with a contact to arrange accomodation and transport, and have you any knowledge about how we may be able to look at records of the islands history?

Currently we plan to visit in September/October 2008 and will be coming from the UK, but there does seem to be plenty of information on the travel side, so no problems there.

Any help you can give would be really appreciated.

Kind regards

Martyn

8 Answers Mar 4, 2013 at 1:43 AM
    • wus's Profile Photo

no restaurant on Pulau Lilei?

Pulau Lilai Nov 4, 2007 at 3:42 PM

Hi Laszlo, no warungs, okay, but shouldn't the chalet on Lilei provide meals if asked? It sounds weird to open some chalets in the middle of nowhere but then not offer food to the guests - or is it they who provide what you call simple rice and fish meals?

1 Answer Dec 24, 2007 at 8:12 PM
    • any good suggestions?

Bandanaira Jul 25, 2007 at 6:00 AM

Hi, i'm planning to go to the banda islands in nov. Can anybody give me any good tips. About flying to ambon to bandaneira. And from bali tp ambon?
      Or just book when i arrive in indonesia? i need some help to get there!!
      BTW my email: arniemeijer@quicknet.nl
      What is the best thing to do??

1 Answer Jul 25, 2007 at 1:37 PM
    • Travel Permit for South Maluku Province

Maluku Province Apr 3, 2007 at 4:52 AM

We have been told by the Indonesian Embassy that we need a travel permit still to visit mauluku . We ( a group of 6 friends) plan to go to Banda and Kei in July August 2007. I was in Maluku before in 1998, before the troubles.
      Pls inform if it is really necessary to get this permit from Jakarta or not important and we can forget it.

5 Answers May 30, 2007 at 1:17 PM
    • Questions about Maluku

Maluku Province Mar 6, 2007 at 1:10 PM

Hi everybody,
      Next month I'm going to visit South of Moluku and East Nusa Tenggara. I already
      read some travel books, search informations. Terefore I'm searching some more informations with people who already visit these places to give me
      some advice, or tell me their
      experience, where is the most beautiful places (island, beaches, town,
      nature)and witch places are less interesting...
      I'm interesting to visit Banda island, Kei island, Aru island, Tanimbar island,
      Wetar island, Alor island, Sumba island and Flores island.
      Have you got some other suggestions?

One more question: Do it has boat between Aru island and Agats (Papua)?

Thank you for the informations

6 Answers Mar 15, 2007 at 9:49 PM
    • weda bay

Pulau Halmahera Feb 23, 2007 at 10:31 PM

Is this picture of weda bay? Have you been there recently?