Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• DenisP15's Profile Photo

Diving round Malta

Malta May 21, 2015 at 12:24 AM

Hi there,

Planning my first trip to Malta in October.

And now I'm looking for the most helpful information concerning the up coming trip.

In this topic I hope to find some utolity information regarding diving round Malta,

we are two not so much experienced divers, Padi OWD, but too exited to dive new places and see this unique underwater beauty and mystery.

We are interested in to start with some shore diving not far from the coast, and one or two trips by boat to some outstanding dive sites.

Please be so kind to advise what destination to choose not far from good and quality dive shop

Hope will be lucky to read about it within TripAdvisor.

What will you advise to take some equipment with me or not, whether it is good enough?

What is about diving insurance, should I attend it in advance or get it upon arrival?

Should we be aware of anything?

Denis.

more
    • Malta or Gozo?

Malta May 4, 2015 at 1:25 PM

We are going to spend a week on Malta in September, my wife, our 15 months daughter and me.

Among all other things I'd have made a couple of dives, may be 2-3 days of diving.

Trying to understand first of all if it's better to stay on Gozo or on Malta to combine comfort for traveling with small child and same time willing to dive on best sites there.

Appreciate in advance your help to decide.

more
    • Kathie_R's Profile Photo

Malta diving trip

Malta May 11, 2015 at 12:11 AM

Hi there

This August I`ll go to Malta for my birthday with my boyfriend. I just started searching for hotel and divecenter. I`m certified diver (CMAS *) and I`m thinking about getting PADI AOWD/CMAS ** certificate during this trip, my boyfriend has never dive before so he probably will get OWD certificate. Hope you will help me to find answers for following questions:

- What is better, to choose 5* hotel and eat there or 3*-4* hotel and eat in the city?
      - Which location to choose? Gozo or somewhere else?
      - Have you visited any dive center? Which one do you recommend? (We are looking for fun and professional instructors, for teaching my boyfriend)
      - Any info we should know before visiting Malta (ferry boat, food, etc.)
      - What fun to do for birthday party (clubs, shows, fun activities etc.)

Thank you in advance, hope you will help us to make this trip awesome

more
    • Rent a car on Gozo?

Malta May 4, 2015 at 1:29 PM

Are there car rental companies on Gozo?
      Is it allowed to move with rental car from Gozo to Malta and back by ferry?

more
    • Malta pass - any experiences?

Malta May 10, 2015 at 6:46 AM

We're travelling to Malta in June. I've just come across an advertisement about the Malta pass. In some countries, these passes are well worth their price, in other places not at all. If someone has first-hand experience about the pass, I'd be more than happy to read it.
      INFO: prices in May - with 50% discount are the following: one-day pass 24,95 EUR; two-day pass 39,95 EUR, three-day pass 49,95 EUR. If you purchase the pass until the end of May, you can get it for these reduced prices; and the pass is valid for 12 months. So if someone is considering buying such a pass, it's worth getting it in May. (You can buy it online, if you wish.)

more
    • songlines's Profile Photo

appartment in Gozo?

Gozo May 8, 2015 at 3:24 PM

We are thinking of going to Gozo during some of the winter months, September to November or so, and we want to rent an apartment to save on hotel bills. Can anyone point us in the right direction please?

more
    • Baby food?

Malta May 14, 2015 at 10:56 AM

We are travelling with baby and are interested whether Hipp baby food available on Malta or not? I mean puree in jars like white carrot, pumpkin, pastinaken, apple, pear, apricot, banana?

And where to look for them in supermarkets or in pharmacies?

more

Rent a scooter and go sightseeing

Malta Apr 28, 2015 at 9:29 AM

Hi,

I'm gonna visit Malta, Sliema, this year in September, together with my wife.

I guess the second half of the month.

Is it possible to rent a scooter, for a week a so, to go sightseeing round Malta?

Please advise what are the rules, is it possible to book a scooter in advance, and maybe some links for good rent servises.

Thanks,
      Denis

more

Diving round Malta

Malta May 21, 2015 at 12:24 AM

Hi there,

Planning my first trip to Malta in October.

And now I'm looking for the most helpful information concerning the up coming trip.

In this topic I hope to find some utolity information regarding diving round Malta,

we are two not so much experienced divers, Padi OWD, but too exited to dive new places and see this unique underwater beauty and mystery.

We are interested in to start with some shore diving not far from the coast, and one or two trips by boat to some outstanding dive sites.

Please be so kind to advise what destination to choose not far from good and quality dive shop

Hope will be lucky to read about it within TripAdvisor.

What will you advise to take some equipment with me or not, whether it is good enough?

What is about diving insurance, should I attend it in advance or get it upon arrival?

Should we be aware of anything?

Denis.

1 Answer May 21, 2015 at 5:16 AM
    • Baby food?

Malta May 14, 2015 at 10:56 AM

We are travelling with baby and are interested whether Hipp baby food available on Malta or not? I mean puree in jars like white carrot, pumpkin, pastinaken, apple, pear, apricot, banana?

And where to look for them in supermarkets or in pharmacies?

3 Answers May 21, 2015 at 11:59 AM
    • Kathie_R's Profile Photo

Malta diving trip

Malta May 11, 2015 at 12:11 AM

Hi there

This August I`ll go to Malta for my birthday with my boyfriend. I just started searching for hotel and divecenter. I`m certified diver (CMAS *) and I`m thinking about getting PADI AOWD/CMAS ** certificate during this trip, my boyfriend has never dive before so he probably will get OWD certificate. Hope you will help me to find answers for following questions:

- What is better, to choose 5* hotel and eat there or 3*-4* hotel and eat in the city?
      - Which location to choose? Gozo or somewhere else?
      - Have you visited any dive center? Which one do you recommend? (We are looking for fun and professional instructors, for teaching my boyfriend)
      - Any info we should know before visiting Malta (ferry boat, food, etc.)
      - What fun to do for birthday party (clubs, shows, fun activities etc.)

Thank you in advance, hope you will help us to make this trip awesome

2 Answers May 19, 2015 at 7:19 PM
    • Malta pass - any experiences?

Malta May 10, 2015 at 6:46 AM

We're travelling to Malta in June. I've just come across an advertisement about the Malta pass. In some countries, these passes are well worth their price, in other places not at all. If someone has first-hand experience about the pass, I'd be more than happy to read it.
      INFO: prices in May - with 50% discount are the following: one-day pass 24,95 EUR; two-day pass 39,95 EUR, three-day pass 49,95 EUR. If you purchase the pass until the end of May, you can get it for these reduced prices; and the pass is valid for 12 months. So if someone is considering buying such a pass, it's worth getting it in May. (You can buy it online, if you wish.)

3 Answers May 10, 2015 at 8:38 AM
    • songlines's Profile Photo

appartment in Gozo?

Gozo May 8, 2015 at 3:24 PM

We are thinking of going to Gozo during some of the winter months, September to November or so, and we want to rent an apartment to save on hotel bills. Can anyone point us in the right direction please?

3 Answers May 9, 2015 at 3:00 AM
    • Rent a car on Gozo?

Malta May 4, 2015 at 1:29 PM

Are there car rental companies on Gozo?
      Is it allowed to move with rental car from Gozo to Malta and back by ferry?

2 Answers May 5, 2015 at 8:59 PM
    • Malta or Gozo?

Malta May 4, 2015 at 1:25 PM

We are going to spend a week on Malta in September, my wife, our 15 months daughter and me.

Among all other things I'd have made a couple of dives, may be 2-3 days of diving.

Trying to understand first of all if it's better to stay on Gozo or on Malta to combine comfort for traveling with small child and same time willing to dive on best sites there.

Appreciate in advance your help to decide.

1 Answer May 5, 2015 at 12:20 PM

Rent a scooter and go sightseeing

Malta Apr 28, 2015 at 9:29 AM

Hi,

I'm gonna visit Malta, Sliema, this year in September, together with my wife.

I guess the second half of the month.

Is it possible to rent a scooter, for a week a so, to go sightseeing round Malta?

Please advise what are the rules, is it possible to book a scooter in advance, and maybe some links for good rent servises.

Thanks,
      Denis

6 Answers May 3, 2015 at 4:39 AM
    • Buses in malta

Mellieha Apr 20, 2015 at 6:00 AM

Ramla bay to buggiba and back...how much and how often

3 Answers Apr 20, 2015 at 11:32 PM
    • how to reach

Malta Apr 1, 2015 at 9:08 AM

Hi, I need to know how to reach from Sliema to the Hal Saflieni Hypogeum by public transport by tomorrow
      Thank you

3 Answers Apr 1, 2015 at 11:49 AM
    • marmalade1972's Profile Photo

Rivera Resort & Spa or Seabank Resort & Spa

Mellieha Mar 27, 2015 at 8:55 AM

Hi Folks

Can anyone advise me on which of the above hotels to book please? I will be travelling with my daughter and my 1yr old grandson in April but wonder which would be the better of the two hotels if anyone has any thoughts?

Kirsty x

4 Answers Mar 28, 2015 at 9:22 AM
    • Restaurants

Malta Mar 24, 2015 at 3:37 PM

Hello I am travelling to Malta for the first time for 4 days . Staying in silema can you recommened some good restaurant that are not over priced .
      Thank you

2 Answers Mar 27, 2015 at 1:46 AM
    • marmalade1972's Profile Photo

what to pack

Malta Mar 24, 2015 at 9:02 AM

what clothes should i pack for the end of april? :)

4 Answers Mar 25, 2015 at 8:30 AM
    • Too steep ?

Valletta Mar 20, 2015 at 5:56 AM

We want to visit Valletta ,preferably in an apartment, but most seem to be situated on steep streets. As we are in our 80's( although reasonably fit ) ,we don't want to find that we can't explore easily on foot. Any help or advice would be gratefully received .

5 Answers Mar 20, 2015 at 4:04 PM
    • MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Car hire in Malta

Malta Mar 4, 2015 at 3:29 AM

Hello Peeps,
      I will be visiting friends for a week and I will be staying in Santa Venera.
      I know there are plenty local buses to take me to Sliema, Valetta, Msida and sarrounding area.
      I know that weekly ticket for the local bus is €6.50 so I have that covered
      My question is : does the island warrant car hire or I can do the travelling around on public transport??
      I don't mind public transport, actually
      I prefer it, as that way you get involved in everyday local life so going on public transport is no issue.
      Just wondered what is better, altho it seems car hire for a week is more expensive than two Ryanair tickets to Malta.
      Any advice?
      I would appreciate any input you have on the matter.
      Many thanks

12 Answers Mar 5, 2015 at 3:20 PM
    • Beaches in Valletta Malta

Valletta Feb 15, 2015 at 5:56 AM

Are there any Beaches in Valletta near cruise port

8 Answers Feb 15, 2015 at 8:52 AM
    • Valletta malta

Valletta Feb 15, 2015 at 5:48 AM

We will be visiting Valletta Malta for one day with cruise ship, we would like to explore on our own any suggestions

1 Answer Feb 15, 2015 at 10:40 AM
    • 68maciek's Profile Photo

Carnival, Ghane, Live music venues. local fast food, nice walking trials

Malta Feb 14, 2015 at 3:37 AM

Hi,
      I'm coming soon.
      1.Carnival
      Is there anything in Valletta or Floriana on this Sunday night?
      How to divide ny time on this Monday, Tuesday between Valleta, Floriana and Gozo (Rabat, Nadur)?
      Where is more local (I mean original not so just as another street event) atmosphere
      2. Music
      Can I listen ghane anywhere between 15 and 22.02? Any other events? I know about Lucilla Galeazzi' concert
      Any other all kind live music venues in this period?
      3. Local (not international) fast (to grab, but tasty) food recommendations? I have already found some on the Internet myself
      4. Any particular hiking trials? I have heard about Il-Majjistral Nature and History Park?

Thanks,

Maciek

8 Answers Mar 3, 2015 at 5:31 AM
    • supermarket

Rabat Feb 10, 2015 at 1:33 PM

Are there any supermarket en Rabat ?

2 Answers Feb 10, 2015 at 2:30 PM
    • Kendalion's Profile Photo

Cricket World Cup and Rugby Six Nations!

Malta Feb 10, 2015 at 1:17 AM

Good Morning Malta,
      Can anybody please tell me whether or where in the Bugibba region I might be able to keep abreast of the big sporting events? Perhaps with a beer!! Very many thanks.
      Colin

3 Answers Feb 10, 2015 at 10:54 PM
    • AidanM62's Profile Photo

Bayview Apartments

Sliema Jan 31, 2015 at 2:22 PM

Hi guys
      Any thoughts on this place and the surrounding area ? We're booked in for early May.
      Thanks

2 Answers Feb 1, 2015 at 1:40 AM
    • Clothes to take for Feb

Mellieha Jan 27, 2015 at 2:29 AM

We are going to Mellieha on Saturday, can anybody advise what clothes are best to take for this time of year

1 Answer Jan 30, 2015 at 1:08 PM
    • Kendalion's Profile Photo

Book Exchange

Malta Jan 6, 2015 at 6:40 AM

Hello VTers,
      I am coming to Malta for five weeks next month and, not having an e-reader, wondered if there is an English language book exchange anywhere near Bugibba. Some hotels have that kind of facility but not all.
      Very grateful for your help.
      Colin

4 Answers Jan 16, 2015 at 12:41 PM
    • AidanM62's Profile Photo

First time visitors

Sliema Jan 5, 2015 at 7:17 AM

We will be visiting Malta for the first time in May 2015. Research would suggest Sliema is central to everything. We're in our 50's and prefer a decent bar and restaurants to night clubs. There is a huge variety of accommodation available, all with pros and cons ... it's starting to make me dizzy :-) . We've provisionally booked an apartment in Depiro Point in Sliema, though we've also looked at The Bayview Hotel.
      We would really appreciate any thoughts or input from more experienced travellers.
      Thanks in advance
      AidanM62

3 Answers Jan 30, 2015 at 1:40 PM
    • Where can I study Chinese in Malta?

Malta Dec 31, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Hi

I am looking for somewhere to study Chinese in Malta. Any ideas?

• reonag's Profile Photo

Daily Needs in Malta & Christmas cheer in Malta

Malta Dec 1, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Hi, I'm from the UK and will be coming over to St. Pauls Bay in December 2014; Can someone please give some constructive (seen alot of abrupt answers from ex-pats on this sight) advice on whether we need to purchase bottled water, do we need a travel adapter, what is the average temperature ( do I need a brolly) and the best restaurants to dine out. My partner and I are young 50 year olds, so are open to suggestions please. Thank you in advance.

7 Answers Dec 2, 2014 at 9:47 AM
    • behappy30's Profile Photo

Malta with children

Malta Oct 30, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Is the island a good place for a family with a 3 years old twins? How is the weather in august? the beach is good for them? Any attractions for this age? I mean kids attractions, farms, playgrounds, amusement parks?
      We are thinking in a 3 weeks stay in a private house.

Thanks!

7 Answers Nov 5, 2014 at 4:30 AM
    • MashaR7's Profile Photo

Malta, November, 4 days, accommodation for 10

Malta Oct 13, 2014 at 4:14 AM

We are looking for a villa or similar accommodation for approx. 10 people. Locations: Sliema, St Julian's, Valletta. Any search suggestions or specific addresses are welcome. Thanks.

5 Answers Oct 13, 2014 at 9:55 AM
    • MashaR7's Profile Photo

Malta, November, 4 days, where to base ourselves

Malta Oct 13, 2014 at 2:06 AM

Hello,
      we are planning to go to Malta for a long week-end (4 days) at the end of November. We are looking for a place to base ourselves in. I guess Valletta is a good one. Any other location? We want to be able to get to the most of local attractions easily and also have shops and restaurants in walking distance.
      Thank you for your suggestions!
      Masha

6 Answers Oct 14, 2014 at 9:52 AM
    • Gate of India

Qawra Oct 5, 2014 at 5:27 AM

Does anybody know where the new Indian Restaurant is- I am staying at the Dolmen- is it close?

1 Answer Oct 5, 2014 at 5:48 AM