Malta

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Wedding in Mellieha Bay Malta

Mellieha Apr 2, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Hi has anyone got married at Mellieha Bay hotel in Malta. if so how was your day.. My son and partner due to get married there in June,
      Thanks
      Jan x

more
    • about resort

Sliema Apr 8, 2014 at 1:21 PM

staying in silema for six nights in july,just wondering if it is a quiet resort,dont know anything about malta.

more
    • Transport from Nice to Malta (Valletta?)

Malta Mar 30, 2014 at 10:23 AM

I have been looking for fast and reasonable transport from the Nice airport to Valletta, without success. The few flights I find all go via a connecting city, most often in the wrong direction. A round trip seems to run upwards of 300 Euros. I tought that perhaps there might also be a high-speed ferry alternative, but again, find nothing.

We are thinking of taking a 3 day break there in mid or late May. All suggestions are welcome.

Carl

more
    • Best (most central?) location to be on Malta?

Malta Mar 30, 2014 at 11:03 AM

We are thinking of a 3 or 4 day excursion to Malta in late May. There are a number of islands, etc. We don't want to move every day. How easy is it to go from one to the other by ferry for a day-trip? All suggestions are welcome, including hotels. We will consider upscale as long as its worth the experience.

Thanks.

Carl

more
    • Raimix's Profile Photo

Malta in almost full week

Malta Apr 13, 2014 at 2:39 AM

Hello ;)

I booked flights to Malta for second part of May. It would be nice to know what are the basic places to visit in Malta during 7 days. Priorities are sightseeing, also some time being in beach and probably clubbing at least one evening ;)

As I understood, Valletta could be the best place to stay because of transportation? What weather to expect in second part of May?

As for know I believe Valletta sightseeing could be at least for one day and also full daytrip to Gozo ;)

Thanks for help,
      Greetings
      Raimundas.

more
    • Raimix's Profile Photo

Malta in almost full week

Malta Apr 13, 2014 at 2:39 AM

Hello ;)

I booked flights to Malta for second part of May. It would be nice to know what are the basic places to visit in Malta during 7 days. Priorities are sightseeing, also some time being in beach and probably clubbing at least one evening ;)

As I understood, Valletta could be the best place to stay because of transportation? What weather to expect in second part of May?

As for know I believe Valletta sightseeing could be at least for one day and also full daytrip to Gozo ;)

Thanks for help,
      Greetings
      Raimundas.

14 Answers Yesterday
    • about resort

Sliema Apr 8, 2014 at 1:21 PM

staying in silema for six nights in july,just wondering if it is a quiet resort,dont know anything about malta.

2 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 3:48 AM
    • Wedding in Mellieha Bay Malta

Mellieha Apr 2, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Hi has anyone got married at Mellieha Bay hotel in Malta. if so how was your day.. My son and partner due to get married there in June,
      Thanks
      Jan x

• Best (most central?) location to be on Malta?

Malta Mar 30, 2014 at 11:03 AM

We are thinking of a 3 or 4 day excursion to Malta in late May. There are a number of islands, etc. We don't want to move every day. How easy is it to go from one to the other by ferry for a day-trip? All suggestions are welcome, including hotels. We will consider upscale as long as its worth the experience.

Thanks.

Carl

9 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 10:51 AM
    • Transport from Nice to Malta (Valletta?)

Malta Mar 30, 2014 at 10:23 AM

I have been looking for fast and reasonable transport from the Nice airport to Valletta, without success. The few flights I find all go via a connecting city, most often in the wrong direction. A round trip seems to run upwards of 300 Euros. I tought that perhaps there might also be a high-speed ferry alternative, but again, find nothing.

We are thinking of taking a 3 day break there in mid or late May. All suggestions are welcome.

Carl

3 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 1:06 PM
    • Linse's Profile Photo

Boots location?

Sliema Mar 3, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Hi
      I read there should be a Boots in Sliema or Valletta, but can find the location on the internet.
      Does anyone know where it is?

9 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 10:29 AM
    • Linse's Profile Photo

Recommend a good boat tour company?

Malta Mar 1, 2014 at 1:53 AM

Hi
      Which boat tour company would you guys recommend, what is your experience?
      We are thinking about taking a tour from Sliema up to Gozo to see Malta from the sea side and to have some time to spend in Gozo.

7 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 11:43 AM
    • cheaper, more choice if not going HB staying in Solana Hotel, Mellieha

Mellieha Feb 26, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Hi there
      Just wonderingif might be better
      just to go B&B, and enjoy wider menu choice outside
      The hotel if anyone knows immediate area & hotel?

Also, I read an older answer stating there was an IMAX screen
      on the island, does anyone know if this still exists & perhaps located
      Close by?

Final Q's! We are goingbin September, can anyone recommend
      A watersports place thst offers jet ski & scuba?

If you know this location, is there anywhere that offers yoga?

Thanks so much for taking the time

5 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 2:25 PM
    • bubibba hotel then fortina hotel

Malta Feb 24, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Hi there,
      Grateful for your views
      In Sept we plan to stay 4 nights in bugibba hotel then 5 in fortina hotel.
      We want to be close to scubadive opportunities which a previous post confirms sliema is.
      I thought breaking up the holiday staying at two locations would give two different experiences.
      I am looking interested and in yoga while there, is it was widely offered?
      I was a thinking also of a one night stay possibly two in gozo.

Would this be too many stays in a location that is quite small anyway?
      Grateful for any responses
      Thanks
      J

2 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 11:18 AM
    • DaveD68's Profile Photo

sliema quirky restaurant ?

Sliema Feb 24, 2014 at 7:48 AM

I will be having my 50+10 birthday in Sliema on 03 April 14.
      Could anybody recommend a local, traditional and possibly querky restaurant with great atmosphere and/or great view maybe.
      We will be staying in Sliema but don't mind nipping across to Valletta for the big night.

Thanks, Dave.

4 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 5:47 AM
    • Knitting yarn

Valletta Feb 23, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Here for a week and am running short of wool. Where can I buy double knit? We are in Valletta but doesn't matter! Help please.. Knitting, my addiction!!

2 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 9:06 AM
    • Want to stay in two diff areas in malta!

Malta Feb 16, 2014 at 2:03 PM

My idea is to stay 4 nights in Bugibba & 7 elsewhere in Sept. Interested in scuba diving.
      Can anyone suggest a second location please? Somewhere not too remote.
      Many thanks

4 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 12:10 AM
    • Where to stay???

Malta Jan 30, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Can't wait to visit Malta...there appears to be wonderful self catering options everywhere so we are having a hard time deciding which part of the island? Please give pros and cons for Bugibba, Meilleha, Marsascala??? To help, we are a mature, long married couple. Experienced travellers appreciating history, beaches, architecture, local culture, ethnic food and drink and meeting local people. Happy to be "frugal explorers" and willing to walk and take local transport. Will self cater and are open to any and all suggestions!

3 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 1:45 PM
    • Nightlife in Sliema

Sliema Jan 27, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Where is the best nightlife in Sliema.Was there last year and was at the Fortina hotel,going back there again but would prefer not to have to go to Paceville if there is a bit of nightlife in Sliema

6 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 9:08 AM
    • Hen do ideas

Malta Jan 26, 2014 at 5:27 AM

Hello, I am thinking of traveling to malta at the start of april on a hen do with 12 other girls, but am not sure what all we could do out there. where is the best places to go for nightlife in april or is there anything to do during the day?

• LorraineA2's Profile Photo

how can I book restaurant for valentines day

Malta Jan 25, 2014 at 9:46 AM

how can |i book a restaurant

5 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 9:52 AM
    • should I pack woolies or t shirts?

Saint Julian's Jan 20, 2014 at 12:41 PM

I'm travelling to Malta for 10 days next week, what type of clothes would be suitable

2 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 3:43 AM
    • Areas to stay

Senglea Jan 19, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Hi, we are four adults travelling to Malta in June this year. We have been looking at waterfront apartments in Senglea and Vittoriosa / Birgu. Not having ever been to Malta can anyone give advise on whether this areas are a good choice. We are all over 50, intend to drive and see all of the island, we like to sit on a balcony with a glass of wine in the evening but also eat out in reasonably price restaurants. As we like to walk to bars in the evenings we would like some advice on whether these areas are safe to walk around in the evenings. Thanking you in advance for any advice.

1 Answer Jan 22, 2014 at 10:20 AM
    • Sampotts's Profile Photo

Shopping for self catering accom?

Bugibba Jan 12, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Any recommended shops for grocery/.food items?

• Mgarr Gozo

Gozo Jan 10, 2014 at 8:52 AM

how many bars are there in mgarr, Thinking of travelling with my husband and 17 year old daughter. We want a quiet and relaxing holiday looking at the Grand in Mgarr but wondered if there was any nightlife at all. we don't want lively bars but would like a few. cheers

3 Answers Jan 10, 2014 at 10:41 PM
    • moonbean130's Profile Photo

Malta in May!!

Malta Jan 10, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Okay, so I'm going to Malta, for the first time ever! and there is the possibility that I'll be going alone D:
      Is it expensive to eat out? I'm going for 10 days how much spending money should I take?
      I plan on going on the blue lagoon boat to gozo and comino - Has anyone been on the full day trip and is it worth the 50 euros?
      What is accepted as ID in Malta - apart from your passport (I don't really wanna take this around with me all day every day)
      Is there any must see sights? I'll be 18, I like a bit of sight seeing and history.
      Is there a safe path to walk the length (or width) of the island? If so where could I get a map from?
      Is the bus services reliable? I live in England where the buses don't show up half the time..
      I plan on staying in the Blue Sea San Anton hotel and apartment in Bugibba - has anyone stayed here before? or can recommend a nicer cheapish hotel?

4 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 3:21 PM
    • Linse's Profile Photo

Sliema og Valletta??

Malta Jan 9, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Hi
      We are spending 1 week in Malta in April and would like to stay close to everything, we want to go outside the hotel and then there´s shops, cafe´s bar´s restaurants. We are not afraid of a little noise and we are not there to lie by the pool or on the beach (guess it´s also too early in april) we want to be in the middle of everything. So what do we choose Sliema or Valletta and which area of either Slieam or Valletta?

15 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 8:44 AM
    • where to stay

Malta Dec 27, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Hello.. i am going to visit Malta next April but i don't know where is the best place to stay.. St. julian? Valletta? Sliema? Please help me!! I want st. Julian but i am afraid tha is far from everything..

12 Answers Dec 28, 2013 at 3:45 PM
    • friends in Malta and advices

Malta Dec 25, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I m going to Malta in January, looking for a job there, new friends and to enjoy the beauty of Malta.

Please any suggestions is welcome!
      G

8 Answers Dec 26, 2013 at 12:26 AM
    • 68maciek's Profile Photo

Is 7 days too much?

Malta Dec 5, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Hello,

I consider a trip to Malta in February. It is only possible from Sunday to Sunday. I have an idea of renting a bike. Assuming 40-60km per day (because it will be enough for my wife ;-). I believe that 2 days in Malta and 1 day in Gozo will allow me to see most of the islands. We don't like to stay at one place in the evening as well. I count one additonal day for seeing something extra like Valletta and Hal Saflieni Hypogeum. It gives me only four days in total. I'm afraid that seven days is a bit too much. Let me know that I'm wrong please ;-)

The sea can be slightly too cold for swimming/snorkeling  in February, can it?

Is that right that there is a high chance for long lasting heavy rain days in February, which can spoil a bike trip idea at all?

I don't mind traffic much as I'm from a country well known for ruthless drivers  (hahaha).

I will appreciate your answers.

Maciek

10 Answers Jan 10, 2014 at 3:06 AM
    • Christmas in Malta.

Malta Nov 25, 2013 at 1:43 PM

We hope to spend 3 weeks in Malta over Christmas and the New Year. Ideally in an aparthotel as we do not do breakfast and like to sometimes cook or eat out.
      How prepared should we be for meals over the holidays? Will supermarkets be closed at odd times? Do cafe's and restaurants close for family time? Do we need to book a Christmas meal out? I do not want us to have a miserable Christmas day with no wine and nice food !! Help !! Many thanks Alix (UK)

2 Answers Dec 3, 2013 at 12:52 AM
    • Takapiru's Profile Photo

December weather

Malta Nov 18, 2013 at 9:52 AM

On our trip to Malta Dec 3rd-14th
      - what kind of clothes (t-shirts/long sleeves...)?
      - temperature C ?
      - beach life?
      - bus station in Sliema?
      - prepaid internet card for my android tablet for 3-14.12. Where to buy?
      - 48 h sightseeing card for bus/boat trips. Where to buy in Sliema? Price?

4 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 3:59 PM
    • Need advice on my trip to Malta

Malta Nov 14, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Hi All

I will be visiting malta from the 15th to the 18th of December. So far my itinerary is as follow

15th of December arrive at 2:10 pm by the time I get to my accommodation in valletta it will probably be 4pm so I guess I am still in the time for the sunset? Where can I go to take some lovely pics of sunset Upper Barrakka Gardens perhaps? can i walk there or do i need a bus?

Once it gets dark should i go to sliema or st pauls to have dinner?

16th of December planning to book a gozo day tour which includes: Mgarr, Victoria citadel, Azur Window in Dwejra, Xlendi Bay and Ggantijja Temples

17th of December planning to book a mdina day tour which includes: Mdina, Dingli cliffs, Mosta

18th of December since my flight is at 6:15 pm I thought I would go to Marsaxlokk in the morning to take some lovely pictures (how can i get there quickly?) and then come back to valletta and explore the city on foot to take some more photos

What do you think of this itinerary? have i missed out on anything important?

Also could you recommend me a nice bakery in valletta where I can get good coffee and good quality baked goods or croissants for breakfast?

Thanks

3 Answers Nov 15, 2013 at 7:42 AM
    • Paola Malta

Paola Nov 4, 2013 at 12:59 AM

What is it like busy/quiet good for a business, does it get many visitors etc thank you

2 Answers Nov 4, 2013 at 2:52 AM
    • Guided day tours in Valletta in winter?

Malta Oct 26, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Hi there

I am having difficulties finding day tours departing from Valletta in winter. Why is that? I though that Malta with its mild winter weather would be a magnet for tourists so I would expect tourist companies to offer daily tours in winter

If you know of any company which has winter day tours please let me know

I would like to do a walking tour of valletta, visit vittoriosa and mdina and visit gozo

Thanks!

4 Answers Oct 31, 2013 at 4:03 AM