Malta Travel Answers

change location
bmccruz's Profile Photo

Ramla Bay Resort - advice

by bmccruz Online Now Aug 6, 2011 at 8:20 AM

I've found this hotel: Ramla Bay Resort on the Internet and liked the real reviews and pictures that I saw, but I've some doubts about his location.
Anyone have stayed there? There are any bus stop near?
Thank you for your answers.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Ramla Bay Resort - advice

by leics Online Now Aug 6, 2011 at 8:51 AM

I haven't stayed at the resort, but have stayed in Mellieha which is reasonably nearby. It's a nice area of this tiny island, although some considerable distance from Valletta, Mdina and other places of interest. Easy to get to the ferry for Gozo though.

The resort website says there is a 'nearby bus stop':

ramlabayresort.com/tabid/369...

But you can expect bus journeys to e.g. Valletta to take quite a while, and this may limit what you can do (especially as bus services are much reduced in the evenings).

You can explore bus timetables here:

http://www.maltabybus.com/

The bus service on Malta has just changed to Arriva, so the site is not as user-friendly as the old one was (imo). Basically you need to explore route 41, as that is the only one which I think is likely to serve Ramla Bay.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Korin79380083's Profile Photo

by Korin79380083 Online Now Aug 7, 2011 at 4:59 AM

Hi, Ramla Bay Resort is very nice but unfortunately it is very far away from everywhere else. It has a lovely view because you can see across the sea to Gozo and it is right next to the ferry boat. Otherwise, it is far from the towns and villages and shops. It has a pool and its own beach. I would advise that you hire a car as the new bus service here is at its initial stages (Arriva) and for the time being, not very reliable

• bmccruz's Profile Photo

by bmccruz Online Now Aug 8, 2011 at 11:44 AM

Thanks for the advices.

I guess I'll have to choose other hotel.

What do you think about St. Antonio Hotel & Spa is in Qawra but really there, i read that is very near to the buses terminal.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Aug 8, 2011 at 11:54 AM

That's why it was such a good deal, of course. No chance of you hiring a car? Then it would be a very feasible place to stay.

Don't know Qawra very well, but it's on the northern coast near Bugibba & St Paul's Bay...very much focused on tourism, so with plenty to d and see.

You're still a longish bus ride from Valletta and the other parts of the island, though you'll have more bus options (check the site I gave above).

Don't know if Arriva will change this but Maltese bus services became much less frequent (often non-existent) after 6/7pm. So you might want to check that out too.

• Anna123456's Profile Photo

by Anna123456 Online Now Sep 6, 2011 at 9:31 AM

I do not recommend Ramla Bay resort unless you have a car, we rent a boat there every summer and it is far away, there is nothing nearby, no restaurants or anything at all.

Qawra is a nice place, there is a lot of restaurants and life, nice for children to with activities. It is also closer to Golden Bay and ohter nice beaches than St. Julians.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Malta Travel Answer Locations