Travel Answers
Malta

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Best (most central?) location to be on Malta?

by cl3150 Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 11:03 AM

We are thinking of a 3 or 4 day excursion to Malta in late May. There are a number of islands, etc. We don't want to move every day. How easy is it to go from one to the other by ferry for a day-trip? All suggestions are welcome, including hotels. We will consider upscale as long as its worth the experience.

Thanks.

Carl

more
    • Best (most central?) location to be on Malta?

by cl3150 Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 11:03 AM

We are thinking of a 3 or 4 day excursion to Malta in late May. There are a number of islands, etc. We don't want to move every day. How easy is it to go from one to the other by ferry for a day-trip? All suggestions are welcome, including hotels. We will consider upscale as long as its worth the experience.

Thanks.

Carl

9 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 10:51 AM
    • moonbean130's Profile Photo

Malta in May!!

by moonbean130 Online Now Jan 10, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Okay, so I'm going to Malta, for the first time ever! and there is the possibility that I'll be going alone D:
      Is it expensive to eat out? I'm going for 10 days how much spending money should I take?
      I plan on going on the blue lagoon boat to gozo and comino - Has anyone been on the full day trip and is it worth the 50 euros?
      What is accepted as ID in Malta - apart from your passport (I don't really wanna take this around with me all day every day)
      Is there any must see sights? I'll be 18, I like a bit of sight seeing and history.
      Is there a safe path to walk the length (or width) of the island? If so where could I get a map from?
      Is the bus services reliable? I live in England where the buses don't show up half the time..
      I plan on staying in the Blue Sea San Anton hotel and apartment in Bugibba - has anyone stayed here before? or can recommend a nicer cheapish hotel?

4 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 3:21 PM
    • friends in Malta and advices

by grazia.mag Online Now Dec 25, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I m going to Malta in January, looking for a job there, new friends and to enjoy the beauty of Malta.

Please any suggestions is welcome!
      G

8 Answers Dec 26, 2013 at 12:26 AM
    • Takapiru's Profile Photo

December weather

by Takapiru Online Now Nov 18, 2013 at 9:52 AM

On our trip to Malta Dec 3rd-14th
      - what kind of clothes (t-shirts/long sleeves...)?
      - temperature C ?
      - beach life?
      - bus station in Sliema?
      - prepaid internet card for my android tablet for 3-14.12. Where to buy?
      - 48 h sightseeing card for bus/boat trips. Where to buy in Sliema? Price?

4 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 3:59 PM
    • how much money

by james_q Online Now Oct 7, 2013 at 6:32 PM

how much money should I bring?

7 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 9:49 AM
    • tango_jd's Profile Photo

The "lost planets" of Qwara

by tango_jd Online Now Sep 18, 2013 at 1:44 PM

We have stayed in Qwara/Buggiba twice now - during our first visit in 2008 we walked the sea-front promenade from the very end of Qwara to the very end of Buggiba (above the harbour) and along the way saw these wonderful sculptures of the planets. At the Qwara end, we started with Mercury and gradually walked along passing Venus, Earth, Mars ......etc. all the way to tiny Pluto above Bugibba Harbour. The sculptures were set on the wall/railings and were spaced-apart in proportion to their distance from the sun and each other. So, the first "inner" planets were fairly close together and then from Mars outwards became quite distant from each other with Pluto being quite remote.
      This year, with all the building work going-on for the new sea life centre, we only found two planets near the central promenade area and Pluto had gone all together!
      Will they put the missing planets back once building work has finished?
      Was Pluto "demoted" as it was considered not to be a planet recently?
      The mystery continues!

• Living and dining with locals

by LoliBay Online Now Sep 8, 2013 at 3:10 AM

I would like to explore Malta in Nov/early Dec this year for week or two. I wanted to know if any one can recommend family, who is happy to provide accommodation and possibly some lovely cuisine. I'm not really fan of hotels or tourist areas, because it doesn't reflects the real life of locals and it's culture. Any help would be much appreciated. =o)

1 Answer Sep 8, 2013 at 9:09 AM
    • War Museum

by aeb Online Now Aug 1, 2013 at 4:33 AM

On the internet I have found a national war museum at St Elmo, a Malta at War Museum at Vittoriosa, and the Lascaris War Rooms, also at Vittoriosa. Are all three operating or have some been superseeded by others.
      Also is there anyone familiar with these museums who would give their opinion as to which we should visit if we only have time for one.
      We also intend visiting St John's Co-Cathedral and Museum, the Grand Palace and Armoury and the Casa Rocca Piccolo all in the space of four hours. Which two should we visit first as we may not get the third seen in the limited time we have.

3 Answers Aug 2, 2013 at 10:03 PM
    • Best location

by johntirrell Online Now Jul 19, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Going to Malta in Mar what's the weather like? Do I need heat in apartment? Is Valletta

Or Sliema the best place to stay. Johnny

5 Answers Jul 20, 2013 at 12:16 PM
    • l.hestad's Profile Photo

question about a hotel

by l.hestad Online Now Jul 15, 2013 at 6:37 AM

What is the hotel in Rudolph Street, Sliema , Sliema , SLM3310?

1 Answer Jul 15, 2013 at 6:48 AM
    • Getting to Ramla Bay Resort from Luqa airport

by okbassett Online Now Jul 5, 2013 at 3:49 PM

what bus(es) to take to go from Luqa Airport to Ramla Bay resort in the northern part of Malta?

3 Answers Jul 23, 2013 at 7:16 AM
    • tango_jd's Profile Photo

What are the buses like now?

by tango_jd Online Now May 25, 2013 at 11:34 AM

We are travelling to Malta in a couple of weeks and this will be our second visit. Last time we loved the quirky old yellow buses and the fares were really cheap! Has anyone got a comparison with how they are now? Are the fares still very reasonable? Are the services much the same? We will be in Bugibba again, which has its own bus station, and not all journeys went-through Valletta. Is that much the same also? Many thanks!

17 Answers May 29, 2013 at 5:26 PM
    • jimbo1105's Profile Photo

More than 2 weeks ?

by jimbo1105 Online Now May 15, 2013 at 8:36 PM

I have often thought of going to Malta during the winter for more than 2 weeks, 2 months would be a dream.
      So my question is about where to stay, How would I go about finding a flat to rent that would not cost the earth ?

Thanks for any help.

Jim.

8 Answers Jun 10, 2013 at 3:13 AM
    • ferry to sicily -cost

by shelaghbacchus Online Now May 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Does anyone know how much the ferry is one way to Sicily ? I have been on VIrtu ferries website and cannot imagine the price really is 90-100 euro for a one way 60 mile trip? Or am I wrong ?

12 Answers May 15, 2013 at 11:11 AM
    • Ferry

by Johnire Online Now Apr 21, 2013 at 4:08 AM

Hi
      Can anyone tell me is there a ferry operating between Valletta and Vittoriosa?
      Ideally could you let me know where in Valletta the ferry goes from,times and price.
      Many thanks

3 Answers Jun 10, 2013 at 3:24 AM
    • wedding

by cat4th Online Now Apr 11, 2013 at 4:19 AM

looking for ideas for reception in mellihea not too expensive

5 Answers May 9, 2013 at 11:47 AM
    • carpfanatic's Profile Photo

info

by carpfanatic Online Now Apr 1, 2013 at 11:39 AM

any info on cruises

2 Answers Apr 2, 2013 at 4:28 AM

dolmen

by jimbo1105 Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Hello,

I cant find any information about the Dolmen Hotel in Bugibba !

Has anyone been to this hotel? did you enjoy your stay there ?

6 Answers Apr 1, 2013 at 9:03 AM
    • TizianoG's Profile Photo

Nightlife

by TizianoG Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 1:27 PM

How it is the nightlife in Malta in the period from 4th of April to 9th?

6 Answers Apr 1, 2013 at 7:26 AM
    • snorkelling in Malta

by Pauline-Taylor Online Now Feb 23, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I'm going to Malta on 26th Feb, will it be warm enough to snorkel? Thanks

3 Answers Feb 24, 2013 at 8:34 AM
    • bella vesta hotel malta

by jullsjmd Online Now Jan 30, 2013 at 1:17 PM

A group of ladies are having a week here from tues19th feb 2013, are there any visitors goin to this hotel at this time, we are looking for lots of clran fun and laughs, do get in touch

4 Answers Feb 15, 2013 at 6:41 AM
    • Raunchy_Poet's Profile Photo

Weather in first week of April?

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Dec 5, 2012 at 1:03 PM

We're limited as to when we can go to Malta - summer or the Easter holidays. We're told that summer would be too hot and humid for us Brits. So we'd settled on Easter next year, which comes, unfortunately, rather early (Easter Monday = April 1st), resulting in being there during the first week or so of April. Guide books suggest April averages only 16-18 degrees C, so the first week could be even lower than that - hardly sunbathing weather. Do we give up and go somewhere else, or have I misunderstood?

All help appreciated!

Steve

5 Answers Jan 23, 2013 at 7:59 AM
    • jacquitabanana's Profile Photo

weather in october

by jacquitabanana Online Now Aug 15, 2012 at 5:39 AM

Hi all, we are considering a trip to malta in october. How hot is it then and what is bugibba like. thanks

6 Answers Sep 18, 2012 at 4:53 AM
    • Snorkeling in Malta

by ezolia Online Now Apr 18, 2012 at 7:42 AM

I will be visiting Malta in May 2012.. as I am not a good swimmer but I wish to go snorkeling. Is life jacket provided during snorkeling trips?

Could you recommend some places to do snorkeling as well?

Thanks folks :)

3 Answers Jul 30, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Cheap holidays to malta

by jimbo1105 Online Now Mar 16, 2012 at 6:32 AM

I like Malta but it is becomeing more expensive !

Dose anyone know or can you tell me how to find the best discounts for holidays to Malta ?

Is it best to book a package holiday ?

Is there any companies that sell unsold holidays cheaply ?

Is there any OAP discounts ?

Any help or sugestions would be wonderful

Thank's for your help

15 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 10:20 AM
    • michellenn03's Profile Photo

Sunshine in Malta ? and info on the resort qwara?

by michellenn03 Online Now Feb 27, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Hi I am thinking of heading to Qwara in malta on the 4th april for a few days break!
      Can anyone let me know what the weather is like here at this time of year?
      Any other info re the resort of Qwara would be appreciated too !

Many thanks

Michelle

3 Answers Mar 6, 2012 at 2:56 AM
    • Raunchy_Poet's Profile Photo

Temperature in August

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Feb 13, 2012 at 8:05 AM

We're thinking of holidaying in Malta and Gozo in August, but we're worried that temperatures might be well over 30 deg C and perhaps rather hot for us average Brits.

Thoughts?

12 Answers Feb 28, 2012 at 10:00 AM
    • Malta Business and Tax Question

by arrege Online Now Oct 23, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Hi All,

We may be in Malta early next year for tourism and business. Does anyone know a good "Affordable" business accountant there?

Thank you

2 Answers Oct 27, 2011 at 11:11 PM
    • MALTA, MALTA

by wendhop Online Now Sep 10, 2011 at 3:30 PM

HOW DOES ONE GET FROM SARDINIA TO MALTA...THE EASIEST...TO FLY OR TO TAKE A FERRY OR BOAT? HOW MANY DAYS ARE RECOMMENDED TO SEE THE ISLANDS?

2 Answers Sep 20, 2011 at 1:53 AM
    • Traveling through malta and........

by LIifeLover Online Now Aug 25, 2011 at 2:29 AM

Mexican passport taking ferry to holder to malta, only to catch a flight somewhere else. Havent been able to get info online. Do I need a transit visa? Anyone familiar with this process? TIA for any info

4 Answers Sep 9, 2011 at 9:13 AM