change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Canadian going to Malmö for hockey

by Sjalen Online Now Dec 8, 2014 at 11:18 AM

I happened to delete your question by mistake since VT has changed since I last logged in here. Feel free to ask your questions about New Year again here, and I will reply I hope.

1 Answer Dec 9, 2014 at 12:11 AM
    • How to go to Western Harbour, Sege Park & Augustenborg

by en_one Online Now Sep 17, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Hello VT members,

I will be travelling to Malmo in October and would like to visit those eco cities Western Harbour, Sege Park and Augustenborg. My base will be in Malmo Central.

My questions are what will be the mode of transport I can take to go there? How far are those locations from each other? Is bicycle ride, if I can rent a bike be too far?

Thank you, Hope to hear from fellow VTers.

1 Answer Sep 17, 2014 at 11:53 PM
    • Population

by Silo62 Online Now Jul 30, 2014 at 1:16 PM

What is the population of Malmo

6 Answers Jul 31, 2014 at 12:06 AM
    • Early evening drinks for a large group

by VBiscuit Online Now Jun 6, 2014 at 7:36 AM

I need to book a bar/restaurant for 60 people for an early evening drinks reception. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

• Train fare

by YMChai Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Hello,

We plan to travel from Kastrup airport to Malmo by the Oresundstag Train 1032
      (towards Goteborg). Is the train fare 88 DKK per person?

As for returning, I've been told to take the Oresundstag Train 1037
      (towards Helsingor). If I alight at Orestad Metro station, what will be the fare?

Please advise if the above information if accurate. We'd love to spend at least
      3 hours in beautiful Malmo!

Thank you.

3 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 3:20 PM
    • JeffDyas's Profile Photo

Credit card

by JeffDyas Online Now Dec 18, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I want to get a train from Copenhagen airport to Halmstad via Malmo. Can I pay for ticket in the machine with a credit card?

2 Answers Dec 26, 2013 at 3:06 AM
    • sprdak11's Profile Photo

Malmö and night life.

by sprdak11 Online Now Aug 21, 2013 at 6:26 AM

Hello. I have a question about the night life in Malmö. Which pubs, discos are safe and nice to go to and which one should maybe avoid? Greetings and thanks for your answers.

2 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 2:25 AM
    • Dee22's Profile Photo

How to get from Malmö to Trelleborg?

by Dee22 Online Now Jan 20, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Hi,

How is the best way to get from Malmö to Trelleborg without a car if you wanna take the ferry to Germany (Rostock)?

2 Answers Aug 21, 2013 at 6:24 AM
    • buntyduncan's Profile Photo

WHERE TO GO ON NEW YEAR'S EVE

by buntyduncan Online Now Oct 31, 2011 at 5:18 AM

Hi
      Myself and my husband are doing a 6 night trip to Copenhagen and Malmo. We arrive in Copenhagen on 27 December and are staying at the Marriott Hotel on Kalvebod Brygge and are there until 30 December. We are getting the train over the Oresundsbron on 30 December to Malmo and are there until 2 January 2012. We are in Malmo on New Year's Eve. We are staying at The Renaissance Hotel on Mäster Johansgatan. Where should we go on New Year's Eve? We want to go for something nice to eat and then if there is something going on in one of the squares that would be good. We are in our 50's (but still fairly young) so don't want a nightclub or anything like that. We like nice food and bars, architecture, castles, walking, the sea, canals, trains and Christmas markets. Any tips on what to see and do in both Malmo and Copenhagen would be most useful. Thanks.

3 Answers Feb 17, 2013 at 2:12 AM
    • gdm7778's Profile Photo

Copenhagen to Malmo Day Trip

by gdm7778 Online Now Aug 3, 2011 at 3:12 PM

I'm planning on being in Copenhagen the first week of September and was thinking about taking a day trip to Malmo. Does anybody have any recommendations of what places are a must see in Malmo?

4 Answers Jan 18, 2012 at 6:02 AM
    • Vanity666's Profile Photo

Parking

by Vanity666 Online Now Apr 6, 2011 at 5:20 AM

Is there some free parking in the city, or perhaps a cheap one where I could leave my car parked all day?

1 Answer Apr 27, 2011 at 6:03 AM
    • Splixa's Profile Photo

Team outing in Malmø, what to do? Ideas needed

by Splixa Online Now Feb 2, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Ideas needed :)
      We are an international (english speaking) workteam that consist of 16 female and males in the agegroup between 24-45, who plan to come from Copenhagen and spend afternoon and night in Malmø on friday March 11th or 18th 2011.
      Anybody who has some cool ideas to what we can do there?
      We would prefer some kind of fun interactive entertainment, followed by some nice food and ending at some nice place for drinks (with livemusic if possible).
      Nothing too flashy but not to dodgy either.

Thanks in advance

2 Answers Feb 7, 2011 at 8:16 AM
    • ZIMETMUS's Profile Photo

car rental near Malmö Syd Svågertorp station

by ZIMETMUS Online Now Aug 15, 2010 at 10:51 AM

I need to drive north of Malmo and was planning on flying into Copenhagen and take the train to Malmö Syd Svågertorp station and rent a car there. Is this going to be much cheaper than just renting the car at the airport and paying the bridge and airport fees? Any suggestions on a rental agency that will meet me at the train station?

2 Answers Aug 16, 2010 at 5:10 AM
    • trip to the denist

by cookiekim Online Now Apr 3, 2010 at 6:38 AM

What bus do I take from the train station in Malmo to get to Mollervangs gatan. thank you, mike

1 Answer Apr 3, 2010 at 6:59 AM
    • PhillyJohn's Profile Photo

Malmo dangers

by PhillyJohn Online Now Mar 29, 2010 at 3:16 PM

On my next trip I was thinking I might go from Germany to Copenhagen and perhaps a hop over to Sweden. I think Malmo is the place you get to by train from Denmark. I have read unpleasant things about Malmo here and now I am reading news stories of extreme anti-Semitism from the large moslem population there that the local government condones. I am not Jewish but American, so I can only assume I might also be subjected to mistreatment there. Can I go to another Swedish city without getting off the train in Malmo? It sounds like an awful place.

9 Answers Apr 8, 2010 at 3:36 AM
    • Malmö - Kobenhavn Kastrup Airport

by pel Online Now Aug 17, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Hi,

Could anyone tell me how much does it cost to go by train from Malmö C to Kastrup Airport? I can't seem to find any website that can't tell me the fare price... I'm fine with timetables but get nothing on fares...

Thanks in advance,
      Pedro

4 Answers Aug 17, 2009 at 2:04 PM
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

Use DKK in Malmo?

by monicarc Online Now Oct 8, 2008 at 8:30 PM

Just wondering if you can use your Danish currency in Malmo without having to change to Swedish currency?

2 Answers Oct 12, 2008 at 2:46 AM
    • Price of Alcohol

by DesertWolf Online Now Jul 23, 2008 at 3:08 AM

Hi everyone

Can anybody tell me the average price of a pint of beer in Malmo? and are there any places that sell cheaper then average beer in the city?

Thank You

2 Answers May 6, 2009 at 9:44 AM
    • AnatolyZ's Profile Photo

Malmo festival ???

by AnatolyZ Online Now Jul 9, 2008 at 4:45 AM

Hello Travel pals,
      i want to go from copenhagen to Malmö for 1 day during August festival there...I have options 15/8,16/8,17/8...what day is it more lively and interesting in the city and on what day of these the festival has to offer something better..??
      Cause i din't know which day of it to choose to jump to Malmö...
      By the way,is there any place with the festival program/schedule in English?
      Thank you!!!

4 Answers Jul 22, 2008 at 2:56 PM
    • Bridge

by ddpeterson Online Now Apr 15, 2008 at 7:50 PM

Is there a fee to drive over the Oresund bridge?

2 Answers Apr 18, 2008 at 8:53 AM
    • Malmo-Lund area

by Veerev Online Now Apr 10, 2008 at 9:42 AM

I am going to visit by car the Malmo-Lund area starting from Copenhagen and return by the Helsinborg-Helsinor Sound Ferry back to Denmark. I start on Sunday 13 April and want to be back to Denmark on Tuesday 15. I would love to visit the cities and see nice villages ad, preferably stay in small hotels on the way. Has anyone any suggestions on this plan?

1 Answer Apr 12, 2008 at 3:15 PM
    • Malmo Hogskola

by HaydenFoster Online Now Sep 28, 2007 at 5:55 AM

I just returned from my first trip to Sweden, and more or less accidentally *found* Malmo. I was completely enchanted by the town, and upset to return home and find that I hadn't captured a front-view photo of the marvelous Hogskala in the harbor area. I've been trying to describe it to friends and on my blog, (http://lyricflight.blogspot.com) and words don't do the building justice. I've also been trying to find out who the architect was, but have come up blanks there, too.

Does anyone have a picture they'd be willing to share?
      Can anyone tell me who the architect was?

Thanks to all...

2 Answers Sep 30, 2007 at 5:52 AM
    • ssebunya@vtmail.com

by ssebunya Online Now Aug 1, 2007 at 1:55 AM

Hello,
      Iam looking for a very cheap apartment to rent for 9 days in Malmo,that is from 5th to 13 August 2007.I prefer one with two rooms.

You can contact me on +46 762405399.
      Thank you
      Ronnie

• abhijitsaha2000's Profile Photo

Week-end Tour from Malmò

by abhijitsaha2000 Online Now May 9, 2007 at 4:02 AM

Hi,
      Could anyone suggest me a few week-end family tour starting from Malmò ? Preferably by train (not by bus) since my kid has vomiting tendency on bus/ car. Cheaper option always preferable. Ideally we can start on Thursday/ Friday night from Malmò and return back to Malmò on Monday/ Tuesday morning. We would like to enjoy natural beauty and species as much as available in & around Europe.
      Thanks a lot in advance.
      Cheers,
      Abhijit

1 Answer May 9, 2007 at 10:33 AM
    • Redang's Profile Photo

Malmö to Copenhagen-Kastrup

by Redang Online Now Apr 29, 2007 at 9:28 AM

Could anybody tell me how to get to Copenhagen-Kastrup from MalmÖ? Train or bus?

Thanks.

Redang

11 Answers Oct 16, 2007 at 6:00 AM
    • Redang's Profile Photo

Day trip from Malmö: Lund vs Ystad

by Redang Online Now Apr 26, 2007 at 9:32 AM

Hello friends: I'm going to Malmö next August, and the question, is, which city do you recommend for a day trip, Lund or Ystad?

Thanks.

4 Answers May 2, 2007 at 2:00 AM
    • Malmo locals don't like the Turning Torso.

by gonzo14 Online Now Apr 13, 2007 at 10:12 PM

...This is what a Swede told me (not from Malmo).

I have doubts this is true.

Could people confirm that this is true or at least that it's the GENERAL concensus among locals.

Thank you.

4 Answers Oct 21, 2007 at 3:21 AM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Malmo's finest

by Drugness Online Now Mar 31, 2007 at 2:55 AM

Hello all.

I'll be in Malmo next weekend but it will only be a flying visit, about 24 hours in fact.
      Can you recommend some essential sights for that length of time. Its a Saturday night i'll be staying there aswell so if you know some good pubs, i'd be interested in hearing more :)
      Also, anything of historical significance would be good too, i'm a bit of a history freak you see :)

Thanks in advance!

DG

2 Answers Apr 9, 2007 at 2:00 PM
    • Monnix's Profile Photo

Malmo Airport

by Monnix Online Now Feb 25, 2007 at 9:31 AM

I understand there is a bus that takes you to/from Malmoe to Sturup Airport. Any idea how often it runs? Where to take it from and where it drops you off? Hoe much does it cost?
      Thx
      Monix

2 Answers Feb 25, 2007 at 2:19 PM
    • Pod's Profile Photo

Hotel in Malmo

by Pod Online Now Feb 21, 2007 at 4:20 AM

Hi,

I'm looking to stay in Malmo for 1 night and need 2 twin rooms. Can anyone recommend a hotel in the centre of Malmo or close by.
      Also how much would a Taxi cost from the Airport to the centre.

Regards

Pod

1 Answer Feb 22, 2007 at 2:38 AM