Malmö Travel Answers

change location
buntyduncan's Profile Photo

WHERE TO GO ON NEW YEAR'S EVE

by buntyduncan Online Now Oct 31, 2011 at 5:18 AM

Hi
Myself and my husband are doing a 6 night trip to Copenhagen and Malmo. We arrive in Copenhagen on 27 December and are staying at the Marriott Hotel on Kalvebod Brygge and are there until 30 December. We are getting the train over the Oresundsbron on 30 December to Malmo and are there until 2 January 2012. We are in Malmo on New Year's Eve. We are staying at The Renaissance Hotel on Mäster Johansgatan. Where should we go on New Year's Eve? We want to go for something nice to eat and then if there is something going on in one of the squares that would be good. We are in our 50's (but still fairly young) so don't want a nightclub or anything like that. We like nice food and bars, architecture, castles, walking, the sea, canals, trains and Christmas markets. Any tips on what to see and do in both Malmo and Copenhagen would be most useful. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

Re: WHERE TO GO ON NEW YEAR'S EVE

by Sjalen Online Now Nov 8, 2011 at 2:55 AM

I agree that if you want to spend some money on fine dining in Malmö, you cannot do a lot better than Årstiderna ("the Four seasons") in Kockska Huset (an old mayor's residence where you dine in the cellar vaults). One of the more expensive places in the city but well worth it. They have some international and some typically Swedish things on the menu, all very seasonal so they change frequently. I think I've written about it on my Malmö page which also has tips on things to do (I live there).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

by Sjalen Online Now Dec 15, 2011 at 6:05 AM

He he, yes I come and go these days. I got a bit fed up with things here, but I still like to help people now and again.

As for fireworks, Västra Hamnen is a good place to stand (if not extremely windy) to see fireworks at Ribersborg beach, and also across the strait in Copenhagen.

• lisselleC's Profile Photo

by lisselleC Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 2:12 AM

Hi, I'm interested in how your holiday to Copenhagen/Malmo went. We fly out for 5 full days tomorrow, we are staying in an apartment in Nyhavn, we are a couple of similar ages and interests to yourselves by the look of you post; we would appreciate any hints, tips and recommendations.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines