Malmö Travel Answers

change location

Malmo Hogskola

by HaydenFoster Online Now Sep 28, 2007 at 5:55 AM

I just returned from my first trip to Sweden, and more or less accidentally *found* Malmo. I was completely enchanted by the town, and upset to return home and find that I hadn't captured a front-view photo of the marvelous Hogskala in the harbor area. I've been trying to describe it to friends and on my blog, (http://lyricflight.blogspot.com) and words don't do the building justice. I've also been trying to find out who the architect was, but have come up blanks there, too.

Does anyone have a picture they'd be willing to share?
Can anyone tell me who the architect was?

Thanks to all...

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • diocletianvs's Profile Photo

Re: Malmo Hogskola

by diocletianvs Online Now Sep 28, 2007 at 6:09 AM

The building ("orkanen") was designed by Swiss architects Diener & Diener (father & son).
    You will find some info and some very good pictures here:
    mah.se/templates/Page____215...
    (click on "more pictures of Orkanen" link).

I have a couple of photos of its front facade (that show inscriptions behind the glass panels) that I can send you. (But they are not as good as the photos you can find on the above mentioned website.)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

Re: Malmo Hogskola

by Sjalen Online Now Sep 30, 2007 at 5:52 AM

Hm...it would be an excuse to go and test my new camera...hehe. Not today though as the weather is absolutely foul here.

Yes Orkanen ("the Hurricane") is quite famous these days and has also won a prize. Mind you, September 2006 bits of the glass panelling actually fell down and students had to use another entrance just in case. It wasn't windy or anything though, so no reference to the name. The glass is safety glass so it won't cut people but it's still not nice to get hit in the head I guess :))) Locals also call it Hulken - "The Hulk" because of its green colour. It is owned by Dil Nordic so Malmö Högskola just leases it.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines