Malmö Travel Answers

change location
abhijitsaha2000's Profile Photo

Week-end Tour from Malmò

by abhijitsaha2000 Online Now May 9, 2007 at 4:02 AM

Hi,
Could anyone suggest me a few week-end family tour starting from Malmò ? Preferably by train (not by bus) since my kid has vomiting tendency on bus/ car. Cheaper option always preferable. Ideally we can start on Thursday/ Friday night from Malmò and return back to Malmò on Monday/ Tuesday morning. We would like to enjoy natural beauty and species as much as available in & around Europe.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Cheers,
Abhijit

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

Re: Week-end Tour from Malmò

by Sjalen Online Now May 9, 2007 at 10:33 AM

Do you mean trips within Sweden or further away?

You could go to Gothenburg or Stockholm by train and enjoy the marvellous archipelago which you won't find in sandy Malmö. North of Gothenburg is the town of Lysekil with the "Havets Hus" ocean museum as well as seal safaris by boat.

If you want Nordic species guaranteed, I can actually recommend Skånes Djurpark, a forest zoo not far from Malmö at all. Have a look at my travelogue etc. on my Höör page:

"An umlaut bonanza!" - Höör by Sjalen

There are also plenty of places where you can see moose in the wild on safaris.

From Malmö, there are also convenient night trains to Berlin if you fancy a big city break:

http://www.berlin-night-express.com/

You can also go to Poland by ferry from Ystad (short train ride from Malmö) and check out the sandy dunes or the magnificent lake district with "bisons" there.

Let me know more specific interests :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines