Malindi Travel Answers

change location
moray's Profile Photo

Things to do with an infant

by moray Online Now Nov 2, 2011 at 11:13 AM

I'm in Malindi right now with my wife and our 16 month son. We are looking for tips of where to go or what to do to entertain our son. He's wild as hell and doesn't want to sit still for more than 5 minutes. We regularly hit the beach but there must be something else as well. Well be here for another 2 weeks
Cheers
//Oskar

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • sphynxxs's Profile Photo

Re: Things to do with an infant

by sphynxxs Online Now Nov 2, 2011 at 1:08 PM

There are some things to see around Malindi - Sokoke Forest, the Gedi ruins or the snake farm, but I am not sure whether any of these will amuse a toddler of 16 months. I guess best you can do is tiring him at the beach...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Re: Things to do with an infant

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Nov 2, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Hi Oskar
    You have my sympathies! Much though you love them, it's a very taxing age to travel with kids as they're too young to reason with, yet fully mobile and powered by their own thermonuclear reactor!
    Can't offer any Malindi-specific suggestions, as I haven't been to that part of the coast, but generally speaking, the best way to distract kids that I've found is by roping in other kids. Are there any other tourist or local kids around? If so, never underestimate the power of a soccer ball!
    Building sand castles? Burying each other in the sand (resist the urge to make this a permanent arrangement, however stressed you are!) Treasure hunts? Asking the kitchen to cobble together some playdough (ucooked pizza dough is both ideal and edible)?
    Regards
    Cathy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines