Malindi Travel Answers

change location
sheldon77's Profile Photo

rainy season in Kenya

by sheldon77 Online Now Feb 12, 2006 at 7:48 AM

Hi, I'm off to Malindi, Kenya at the end of April and really looking forward to it, being my first trip to the African continent. The only thing I would like to know though, is how rainy is the rainy season? I'm hoping it's not going to be two weeks of solid rain, although im sure we can still find things to do. So should I be packing my dinghy and paddle, or is it just a case of sporadic down pours with sunny intervals? Any feedback would be most welcome. thanks.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • sheldon77's Profile Photo

RE: RE: rainy season in Kenya

by sheldon77 Online Now Feb 13, 2006 at 9:08 AM

Thanks, much appreciated. I'm sure it will be great whatever the weather. Don't suppose you know anything about Scorpio Villas in Malindi do you? some recent reviews haven't exactly been to encouraging! Thanks.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: rainy season in Kenya

by Richielamu Online Now May 26, 2006 at 6:34 AM

hi i actually live on lamu island north of malindi when ever i stay in malindi i usually stay at scorpio the prices are very reasonable there is a pool clean a/c room with a huge bed. its perfect for a base as most of the time you will want to roam around town or visit the beach. The food is not great but malindi being a very italian influenced town has lovely resturants ask for the babby marrow and old man of the sea both with in walking distance.
    Sure you will love it.

• hmsbarman's Profile Photo

Re: rainy season in Kenya

by hmsbarman Online Now May 22, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Hi Welcome to Africa!

You don't have to worry about rainy season, following global warming no weeks of solid rain in April and May now days, perhaps we should expect heavy down pours in late June and July. You are most welcomed to Malindi.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines