Malibu Travel Answers

change location
jenn_d's Profile Photo

Dining suggestions close to The Getty Villa?

by jenn_d Online Now Mar 5, 2008 at 10:09 AM

Hey LA Friends,

I'm taking some girlfriends to the Getty Villa later this month. Looking for lunch recommendations close to there. We are interested in drinking a variety of wines..if that helps.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Re: Dining suggestions close to The Getty Villa?

by GracesTrips Online Now Mar 5, 2008 at 11:34 AM

I've never been (tried but it was packed - reservations only) but I hear it's unbelievable place to eat. The restaurant is perched on the side of the cliff and you have great ocean views. Called Geoffrey's. Here's the restaurant link:

http://www.geoffreysmalibu.com/

Valet parking only

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

by travelgourmet Online Now Mar 5, 2008 at 7:58 PM

This is a must for ocean view lunch or sunset dinner. Great ambiance and a cool lounge. Right over the water. Moonshadows has been on for years and still is one of the best in Malibu. The Getty Villa in Pacific Palisades is about 3 miles south of Moonshadows. See the website: www.moonshadowsmalibu.com

• HarmoniousBotch's Profile Photo

by HarmoniousBotch Online Now Mar 5, 2008 at 9:29 PM

Geoffrey's has decined in recent years, IMHO. The view is still unbeatable, the service is still nearly flawless, but in our last two visits the food tasted like it had been bought at Costco and microwaved.

If you do decide to go, valet parking is available on site, or you can park along PCH and walk a hundred or two hundred feet.

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

by Roadquill Online Now Mar 5, 2008 at 10:14 PM

The Getty Villa is closer to Santa Monica than Malibu. We enjoy the Charthouse which is about a 1/4 mile N of the Getty at Topanga and PCH. I always am hungry after eating at Geoffreys and you are still a good 8 miles from the Villa. A little closer at Cross Creek is Tra Da Noi. As Larry mentioned, Moonshadows is nice, and only about 5 miles N of the Villa. If you head 4 miles back to Santa Monica, Ocean Ave Seafood is good for lunch and there is always Ivy by the Sea. Karl

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines