Malibu Travel Answers

change location

Malibu-Hollywood bowl

by Michaeljamieson2000 Online Now May 6, 2006 at 12:29 PM

Hey i just have a few questions i really hope you guys can help me with. I am lucky enought to be going to see my hero Neil Young at the Hollywood bowl in July during my camp America experience. I will be staying in Malibu along mulholland hwy. I would just really like to know;

What is the best way for me to get to the Hollywood bowl? (train bus or even taxi i really dont mind the price)

If i got a taxi what would be the estimated cost?

What is the best way for me to get back to Malibu from Hollywood bowl after the concert? it will be late and dark so i dont really want to hang around for very long.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • bevjerry's Profile Photo

RE: Malibu-Hollywood bowl

by bevjerry Online Now May 7, 2006 at 9:04 PM

Will you be in an RV during this camp America experience? If so you will be surprised to find out that you can park a motorhome in the public lot at the Hollywood Bowl. We've actually done it. I don't remember how much it cost. We got there very early and we the first ones in the lot. They have a section set aside for large vehicles. After we got there I made dinner and we ate at a picnic table that was right outside our door. It was reserved for later in the evening but they didn't mind if we used it in the meantime. The best part was after the concert - we didn't have to wait in the long lines for the WC because we had our own right across the street. You might want to call the Bowl and ask if you're planning to do this. It's been some years since we did it and you'd want to be sure they still permit large vehicles in the lot. If you'd prefer to try the bus I'll see whatI can find out. It probably won't be easy to use the bus.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Roadquill's Profile Photo

RE: Malibu-Hollywood bowl

by Roadquill Online Now May 7, 2006 at 9:26 PM

The toughest part is getting from Mulholland Hwy to the red line metro (bus) at Warner Center in Woodland Hills (20 car drive from Mulholland and Las Virgenes (Malibu Canyon Road) which is probably by the campground you are at. The City of Calabasas has a small shuttle bus service in and around Calabasas, but I don't think they get that far over of Mulholland. The bus takes you to the metro red line (train) which has a stop very close to the Hollywood Bowl.
    mta.net/riding_metro/riders_... It should be running by the time the concert is over. It will be consideable cheaper to take a taxi from Mulholland to Warner Center than all the way to the H. Bowl. Sometimes the traffic long the 101 just crawls along. There are several hotels close to the Warner Center stop where you can call a taxi from. The taxi will be much less expensive on the way back as the traffic will be minimal.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines