Malibu Travel Answers

change location

Near or Far from Malibu

by hkg1943 Online Now Apr 21, 2005 at 4:48 PM

I have to be in Malibu for a wedding on 8/20/05. I am looking for a time share location within California that I could stay at for a week or two sandwiched around this date, say 8/13-ish to 8/25-ish. There may be space in the following CA sites: which are closest to Malibu? They are Ramona, Cathedral City, Palm Springs, Big Bear Lake, and LaQuinta. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

RE: Near or Far from Malibu

by travelgourmet Online Now Apr 21, 2005 at 7:41 PM

Sorry, none are close. Go to www.mapquest.com and look up Malibu. The cities that are near are all listed on the map to help you find an accommadation a little closer than the ones you mention.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Jamesr3939's Profile Photo

RE: Near or Far from Malibu

by Jamesr3939 Online Now Apr 21, 2005 at 7:47 PM

I would go for Big Bear Lake. It is probably the nearest to Malibu and will probably be the coolest in August. Palm Springs, Cathedral City, and La Quinta are all out in the desert and about the same distance. Ramona is east of San Diego and probably the longest drive, but also up in the mountions maybe about 2500 feet and a little cooler than the Palm Springs area. If you are looking to save money the desert locations are real cheap this time of year. A300 room in December will be65 in August, but it will also be 120 degrees at noon.

• RE: Near or Far from Malibu

by joesorce Online Now Apr 22, 2005 at 12:20 PM

Look for Oxnard or Port Hueneme, not too far from Malibue. None of the others
    are close by.

• cnango's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Near or Far from Malibu

by cnango Online Now Apr 25, 2005 at 9:50 PM

All of those sites are 2-4 hrs drive in land from Malibu, not what I would call close and either desert or mountain.You have to get requests in early for Condos and be flexable.You may luck out and get a cancellation though, keep your request in for the coast or near LA County just in case. Good Luck !

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines