Maldives

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Things to visit

Maldives Jun 24, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Could somebody give me a simple list of things to see and visit in the Maldives, these can range from museums to scuba diving trips.

more
    • Cultural features in the Maldives

Maldives Jun 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM

Does anyone know many cultural features of the maldives to visit and explore? also cultural activities, examples such as museums, cities, snorkelling etc. thanks

more
    • Dusitlaguna's Profile Photo

Plug Adaptors

Maldives Jul 11, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Anyone know what type of power plug is required at Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo?

more
    • liquor in Maldives

Male Island Jun 30, 2014 at 5:51 AM

Is liquor easily available in Maldives

more

Stonefish Stings

Maldives Jul 7, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Have you been stung by one of the scorpion fish family in the Maldives ?, if so what treatment if any was available at your resort.?
      The reason I ask is I've had a few experiences with nasty's of the deep including the above, but I was fortunate to receive treatment each time from hospitals not too far away.

more

Medication

Maldives Jul 5, 2014 at 3:41 AM

What medication would you recommend taking with you for stomach upsets etc. Many years ago my wife and I were suffering from severe diarrhoea on one of the islands, Imodium was useless and then a fellow traveller gave us a couple of tiny little pills called Lomotil, They were very effective and we were back on our feet in no time. Last year I asked my doctor if Lomotil was available and he said it was unknown in the UK. I did find it on line but I'm not sure purchasing it in this way is a good idea as I've read it is or was a controlled drug supplied in the US.
      Anyway apart from Lomotil can anyone recommend another effective remedy?

more

Plug Adaptors

Maldives Jul 11, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Anyone know what type of power plug is required at Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo?

2 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 4:00 AM

Stonefish Stings

Maldives Jul 7, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Have you been stung by one of the scorpion fish family in the Maldives ?, if so what treatment if any was available at your resort.?
      The reason I ask is I've had a few experiences with nasty's of the deep including the above, but I was fortunate to receive treatment each time from hospitals not too far away.

7 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 8:21 AM

Medication

Maldives Jul 5, 2014 at 3:41 AM

What medication would you recommend taking with you for stomach upsets etc. Many years ago my wife and I were suffering from severe diarrhoea on one of the islands, Imodium was useless and then a fellow traveller gave us a couple of tiny little pills called Lomotil, They were very effective and we were back on our feet in no time. Last year I asked my doctor if Lomotil was available and he said it was unknown in the UK. I did find it on line but I'm not sure purchasing it in this way is a good idea as I've read it is or was a controlled drug supplied in the US.
      Anyway apart from Lomotil can anyone recommend another effective remedy?

8 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 10:22 AM
    • liquor in Maldives

Male Island Jun 30, 2014 at 5:51 AM

Is liquor easily available in Maldives

5 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 8:51 AM
    • Things to visit

Maldives Jun 24, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Could somebody give me a simple list of things to see and visit in the Maldives, these can range from museums to scuba diving trips.

2 Answers Jun 24, 2014 at 11:51 PM
    • Cultural features in the Maldives

Maldives Jun 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM

Does anyone know many cultural features of the maldives to visit and explore? also cultural activities, examples such as museums, cities, snorkelling etc. thanks

2 Answers 11 hours ago
    • Natural features of the maldives

Maldives Jun 22, 2014 at 3:41 PM

What are some good natural features of the maldives to go and see and explore

4 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Invironment?

Maldives Jun 3, 2014 at 2:45 AM

I'm curious more than anything to know how things work on the hundreds of resort islands in the Maldives
      (1) Is drinking water supplied in 1 or 2 Lt bottles and what happens to all the empties, are they recycled, burnt or shreaded?.
      (2) Where does the water come from required for guests bathrooms, preparing food in the kitchens, tea & coffee making, cleaning, laundry, washing diving gear, etc etc.
      Is there some kind of salination plant or is rain water collected?
      (3) How is general waste, foul water, and sewerage disposed of?
      I know some islands transport their waste to designated burning grounds but do some remote islands have treatment plants or is raw sewage dumped out at sea?
      I have noticed offshore outlet pipes discharging what ever into the sea which attracts all kinds of fish, hopefully not the ones that end up on our dinner plates.
      (4) Rats!! can be another problem, all the islands I've visited seem to have them, why are they tollerated, they are affectionately known by the locals as Maldivien Hampsters.
      If you're lucky you suffer only a mild form of leptospirosis transmitted by these critters if your not so lucky you will die

6 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 1:58 PM
    • drinking water

Maldives Jun 2, 2014 at 11:05 AM

we are booked in paradise island resort in superior beach bungalow. the package is all meal. we do not consume alcohol hence we did not opt for all inclusive. Does the all meal package include unlimited drinking water or do we have to pay extra for drinking water. do people carry drinking water with them to maldives /

4 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 8:18 AM
    • worth it to get a rental in the maldives or better to go for resort

Maldives May 26, 2014 at 2:42 AM

thinking of going for a romantic getaway in the maldives at the end of august. not sure we like the idea of being restricted to one resort and prices seem outrageous. we looked at some properties that could be rented for a week, but they had no reviews. any tips?

5 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 1:58 PM
    • Photography tour, Maldives,

Maldives May 6, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Although the Maldives are a superb destination for relaxing, I would rather spent days photographing islands, skies, birds and beaches. Does anyone know who I can contact to set up such a tour?
      Wilco from Holland

12 Answers May 24, 2014 at 5:39 AM
    • Cell Phone cards

Maldives May 5, 2014 at 12:39 AM

I will be travelling to Maldives soon, are cell phone SIM cards available for purchase at the Airport?

2 Answers May 6, 2014 at 7:23 AM
    • ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Sheraton Full Moon

Maldives May 1, 2014 at 9:02 AM

We are planning to stay at the Sheraton, does anyone know the rough cost of speed boats from the main island out to the Sheraton?

Is it cost effective to come into town every day, or should we plan on packing as much in during a city day, and not going every day?

8 Answers May 23, 2014 at 4:45 AM

Good insurance cover

Maldives Apr 27, 2014 at 3:38 AM

My wife and I have visited the Maldives a few times and never given insurance much thought, just plumbed for the cheapest and kept our fingers crossed.
      So far we have been lucky just the odd coral scrape and bashed toes etc but has anyone suffered serious illness or injury on an island resort? if so how did you get on with regards to treatment and claims.
      Has anyone had a good or bad experience from a particular insurance company having had an incident in a remote location?

14 Answers Jun 1, 2014 at 9:02 AM
    • leigh767's Profile Photo

Where to find freelancers living in the Maldives?

Maldives Apr 23, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Hi all, I've got a rather different type of question for you and hoping that the handful of VTers living in the Maldives can help. There's a project I need help with that's best done by someone who is living in the Maldives with local phone access. It's a straightforward job and I was looking at the major freelancing websites to find someone but no luck. Does anyone know if there's an online forum that many local residents hang out on or just another website that is active in matching freelancing gigs with locals in the Maldives? Thanks a lot in advance!

2 Answers May 1, 2014 at 4:19 AM
    • Maldives -- How to choose which island to visit?

Maldives Apr 16, 2014 at 3:08 AM

How do I decide upon which Island to choose when booking a resort? I am for good beaches, scuba diving option.

8 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 5:09 AM
    • Looking for best resort for my honeymoon under budget

Maldives Apr 14, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Best place to stay 7 nights, nov 2014, roughly under 7-8000k. flight and transportation included.

13 Answers May 30, 2014 at 12:02 AM
    • Recommended resorts for approx. 300-350 USD per night

Maldives Apr 6, 2014 at 1:56 AM

Hi everyone,

After spending most of the weekend trying to find a suitable resort for our needs and budget I feel a little bit frustrated and confused...
      We a are a couple (age 29), interested in a 5 nights stay in the Maldives in the beginning of September.
      We are looking for a 4 or 5 stars resort, at least half-board but preferably full-board or all inclusive, in a quiet place that offers also some sports activities and facilities, such as: water sports, Tennis, billiard and a good snorkeling spot nearby the resort without taking a boat.
      Is it possible to find a place for about 1500-1800 USD for 5 nights? Or am I just wasting my time and the required budget is much higher?

Any help will be highly appreciated,
      Thanks,
      Or

11 Answers May 1, 2014 at 2:54 AM
    • Massage service Maldives

Maldives Mar 26, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Is there sensual or erotic massage services in Male for women and for men?

3 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 1:36 PM
    • Water prices

Maldives Mar 9, 2014 at 5:03 AM

Is water as expensive as I hear?
      I want to go on a surfing safari and the included allowance is one bottle of water a day.
      How much am I likely to be charged for water?

5 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 5:10 AM
    • TonyRobbo's Profile Photo

Tips on what currency to take.

Maldives Feb 28, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Hi, what would be the best currency to take whilst holidaying in the Maldives. I'm thinking
      along the lines on tipping the hotel staff and purchasing local goods etc ...
      Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Apr 26, 2014 at 5:43 AM
    • AngelaGS's Profile Photo

Gili Lankanfushi tap water

Maldives Feb 27, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Is the tap water at Gili Lankanfushi safe to drink? I know the taste wouldn't be that good but we flavor our water anyway. I just want to know if it is safe.

6 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 3:14 AM
    • reaching naifaru

Male Island Feb 14, 2014 at 9:08 AM

How to book my boat ticket to naifaru island?
      when does it available?at what time?

1 Answer Feb 14, 2014 at 9:32 AM
    • reaching naifaru

Naifaru Feb 14, 2014 at 6:39 AM

How to reach naifaru?

2 Answers Feb 14, 2014 at 7:01 AM
    • reaching naifaru

Naifaru Feb 14, 2014 at 6:37 AM

How to reach naifaru island?

2 Answers Feb 14, 2014 at 6:59 AM
    • Best time to visit Maldives?

Maldives Feb 6, 2014 at 11:21 PM

when's the best time to visit Maldives, for diving and for hotel deals? For all inclusive deals where, food and drink is all inclusive throughout your stay, is it available at most resorts?

4 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 6:37 AM
    • Internal Transfers from One Island to another

Male Island Jan 25, 2014 at 11:10 PM

I was just wondering if there is any possiblilty of getting transferred from One Island to another as I am staying 2 nights on Bandos and 2 nights on paradise

3 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 6:36 AM
    • Decent beech in male city

Male Island Jan 14, 2014 at 11:52 PM

I want to spend two nights in male before moving to a resort. I liked Octave hotel to stay as it has a kitchen. Is there any public decent beech where snorkeling, banana boats, and other water sports are avaialble and it beech is accessible easily from octave hotel.

5 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 8:06 AM
    • PiagetWong's Profile Photo

Cheaper transfer to Gangehi Resort?

Male Island Jan 4, 2014 at 6:09 AM

Hi experienced travellers, it is my first time travelling to Maldives, and didn't know that there is a hefty seaplane transfer from the airport to the hotel (USD420/pax) after I completed the transaction. Is there any cheaper option, like Express Ferry or etc? Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 7:43 PM
    • MiraL20's Profile Photo

Fulidhoo island

Maldives Jan 4, 2014 at 5:44 AM

Hi, has anyone visited island Fulidhoo ? What are your experiences ? Did you like it ? What can you visit close by ?

2 Answers Jan 5, 2014 at 1:11 AM