Travel Answers
Maldives

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• leigh767's Profile Photo

Where to find freelancers living in the Maldives?

Maldives 5 hours ago

Hi all, I've got a rather different type of question for you and hoping that the handful of VTers living in the Maldives can help. There's a project I need help with that's best done by someone who is living in the Maldives with local phone access. It's a straightforward job and I was looking at the major freelancing websites to find someone but no luck. Does anyone know if there's an online forum that many local residents hang out on or just another website that is active in matching freelancing gigs with locals in the Maldives? Thanks a lot in advance!

more
    • Massage service Maldives

Maldives Mar 26, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Is there sensual or erotic massage services in Male for women and for men?

more
    • deepsdesai's Profile Photo

Maldives -- How to choose which island to visit?

Maldives Apr 16, 2014 at 3:08 AM

How do I decide upon which Island to choose when booking a resort? I am for good beaches, scuba diving option.

more
    • Recommended resorts for approx. 300-350 USD per night

Maldives Apr 6, 2014 at 1:56 AM

Hi everyone,

After spending most of the weekend trying to find a suitable resort for our needs and budget I feel a little bit frustrated and confused...
      We a are a couple (age 29), interested in a 5 nights stay in the Maldives in the beginning of September.
      We are looking for a 4 or 5 stars resort, at least half-board but preferably full-board or all inclusive, in a quiet place that offers also some sports activities and facilities, such as: water sports, Tennis, billiard and a good snorkeling spot nearby the resort without taking a boat.
      Is it possible to find a place for about 1500-1800 USD for 5 nights? Or am I just wasting my time and the required budget is much higher?

Any help will be highly appreciated,
      Thanks,
      Or

more
    • Looking for best resort for my honeymoon under budget

Maldives Apr 14, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Best place to stay 7 nights, nov 2014, roughly under 7-8000k. flight and transportation included.

more
    • leigh767's Profile Photo

Where to find freelancers living in the Maldives?

Maldives 5 hours ago

Hi all, I've got a rather different type of question for you and hoping that the handful of VTers living in the Maldives can help. There's a project I need help with that's best done by someone who is living in the Maldives with local phone access. It's a straightforward job and I was looking at the major freelancing websites to find someone but no luck. Does anyone know if there's an online forum that many local residents hang out on or just another website that is active in matching freelancing gigs with locals in the Maldives? Thanks a lot in advance!

• deepsdesai's Profile Photo

Maldives -- How to choose which island to visit?

Maldives Apr 16, 2014 at 3:08 AM

How do I decide upon which Island to choose when booking a resort? I am for good beaches, scuba diving option.

6 Answers Yesterday
    • Looking for best resort for my honeymoon under budget

Maldives Apr 14, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Best place to stay 7 nights, nov 2014, roughly under 7-8000k. flight and transportation included.

10 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 8:00 PM
    • Recommended resorts for approx. 300-350 USD per night

Maldives Apr 6, 2014 at 1:56 AM

Hi everyone,

After spending most of the weekend trying to find a suitable resort for our needs and budget I feel a little bit frustrated and confused...
      We a are a couple (age 29), interested in a 5 nights stay in the Maldives in the beginning of September.
      We are looking for a 4 or 5 stars resort, at least half-board but preferably full-board or all inclusive, in a quiet place that offers also some sports activities and facilities, such as: water sports, Tennis, billiard and a good snorkeling spot nearby the resort without taking a boat.
      Is it possible to find a place for about 1500-1800 USD for 5 nights? Or am I just wasting my time and the required budget is much higher?

Any help will be highly appreciated,
      Thanks,
      Or

6 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 6:17 PM
    • Massage service Maldives

Maldives Mar 26, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Is there sensual or erotic massage services in Male for women and for men?

3 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 1:36 PM
    • Water prices

Maldives Mar 9, 2014 at 5:03 AM

Is water as expensive as I hear?
      I want to go on a surfing safari and the included allowance is one bottle of water a day.
      How much am I likely to be charged for water?

5 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 5:10 AM
    • TonyRobbo's Profile Photo

Tips on what currency to take.

Maldives Feb 28, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Hi, what would be the best currency to take whilst holidaying in the Maldives. I'm thinking
      along the lines on tipping the hotel staff and purchasing local goods etc ...
      Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 3:54 AM
    • AngelaGS's Profile Photo

Gili Lankanfushi tap water

Maldives Feb 27, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Is the tap water at Gili Lankanfushi safe to drink? I know the taste wouldn't be that good but we flavor our water anyway. I just want to know if it is safe.

6 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 3:14 AM
    • reaching naifaru

Male Island Feb 14, 2014 at 9:08 AM

How to book my boat ticket to naifaru island?
      when does it available?at what time?

1 Answer Feb 14, 2014 at 9:32 AM
    • reaching naifaru

Naifaru Feb 14, 2014 at 6:39 AM

How to reach naifaru?

2 Answers Feb 14, 2014 at 7:01 AM
    • reaching naifaru

Naifaru Feb 14, 2014 at 6:37 AM

How to reach naifaru island?

2 Answers Feb 14, 2014 at 6:59 AM
    • Best time to visit Maldives?

Maldives Feb 6, 2014 at 11:21 PM

when's the best time to visit Maldives, for diving and for hotel deals? For all inclusive deals where, food and drink is all inclusive throughout your stay, is it available at most resorts?

4 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 6:37 AM
    • Internal Transfers from One Island to another

Male Island Jan 25, 2014 at 11:10 PM

I was just wondering if there is any possiblilty of getting transferred from One Island to another as I am staying 2 nights on Bandos and 2 nights on paradise

3 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 6:36 AM
    • Decent beech in male city

Male Island Jan 14, 2014 at 11:52 PM

I want to spend two nights in male before moving to a resort. I liked Octave hotel to stay as it has a kitchen. Is there any public decent beech where snorkeling, banana boats, and other water sports are avaialble and it beech is accessible easily from octave hotel.

5 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 8:06 AM
    • PiagetWong's Profile Photo

Cheaper transfer to Gangehi Resort?

Male Island Jan 4, 2014 at 6:09 AM

Hi experienced travellers, it is my first time travelling to Maldives, and didn't know that there is a hefty seaplane transfer from the airport to the hotel (USD420/pax) after I completed the transaction. Is there any cheaper option, like Express Ferry or etc? Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 7:43 PM
    • MiraL20's Profile Photo

Fulidhoo island

Maldives Jan 4, 2014 at 5:44 AM

Hi, has anyone visited island Fulidhoo ? What are your experiences ? Did you like it ? What can you visit close by ?

2 Answers Jan 5, 2014 at 1:11 AM
    • 3 days in Maldives 20th Jan to 22 Jan 2014

Maldives Jan 3, 2014 at 3:43 AM

Hi

we are 2 travelers (siblings) travelling to maldives arriving early morning on 20th and departure very late at night on 22nd Jan

I am looking for budget stay options and travel advise

Thanks

4 Answers Jan 3, 2014 at 2:18 PM
    • maafushi island beach

Maldives Jan 2, 2014 at 12:37 AM

are bikini beach in maafushi?

1 Answer Jan 3, 2014 at 2:22 PM
    • Are diving shoes essential when snorkelling

Maldives Dec 11, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Is it essential to acquire those special rubber diving shoes when snorkelling? Or can one get away with Croc type rubber shoes?

4 Answers Dec 11, 2013 at 9:26 AM
    • Wearing stockings when snorkelling

Maldives Dec 8, 2013 at 4:15 AM

I have been advised that (in addition to a t-shirt) one should wear long stockings when snorkeling in the Maldives due to the intense heat and the danger of sunburn. Is this true?

12 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 6:43 AM
    • DesmondT's Profile Photo

suntanning oil

Maldives Nov 26, 2013 at 4:27 AM

I will like to know if there is any supermarket/hypermart/convenience stores/pharmacies inside Club Med Maldives?
      Basically i want to know where i can buy suntanning oil/lotions.
      Thanks.

2 Answers Nov 26, 2013 at 7:00 AM
    • Sunilks's Profile Photo

Cost of water sports activities

Maldives Nov 26, 2013 at 12:57 AM

I will be visiting Maldives in Jan end and I am looking for the appx cost of following activities.
      1) Hiring snorkeling kit
      2) Scuba diving
      3) Dalphin watching tour
      4) Island hoping tour
      5) Submarine tour

I have sent various mails to my resort fun island but no response that is why I am looking for thh appx rates from fellow travellors. It will be great if rates are from Fun Island.
      Regards
      Sunil

2 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 2:51 AM
    • hotel/ guesthouse with every hour public transportation from/to airport

Maldives Nov 14, 2013 at 8:34 PM

im visiting maldives in Feb2014 as solo traveler. ive already checked/ contacted guesthouses and the transportation from airport to the guesthouse is quite expensive (private speed boat). ive also checked the available public ferry boat but the ferry schedule (arrival/ departure from airport) is not feasible with my ETA in Male- 11:25AM. so im thinking if you know any guesthouse that is near Male which is reachable by public ferry boat that departs from airport at any time of the day (i know except Fridays) Thanks a lot!

2 Answers Jan 3, 2014 at 2:27 PM
    • Things to do at maldives

Maldives Oct 31, 2013 at 9:20 PM

What are the things I can do in Maldives if I do not know how to swim?

8 Answers Nov 6, 2013 at 4:01 AM
    • Jlyndsay83's Profile Photo

Maldive`s Hidden Hotel Fees

Maldives Oct 21, 2013 at 2:48 PM

What are all possible (hidden) resort fees in the Maldives (ie. VAT\sales tax, service fee, city tax, hotel fee, & etc.)? When researching a place to stay I found one website that noted excluded hotel fees on top of the room rate. I can't seem to find this information on the direct resort sites. What else is there?

11 Answers Oct 24, 2013 at 9:35 AM
    • Seanlow's Profile Photo

hotels\resorts

Maldives Oct 7, 2013 at 2:06 AM

we are planning to visit maldives this february 2014.
      there are so many resorts to choose from, im confused.

our budget is around usd1500 for 3 nights(full board)

it would be great if you can let me know which website to make the reservation as well.

thank you all VTers!! cheers

2 Answers Nov 25, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    • Over the counter meds

Maldives Oct 5, 2013 at 5:49 AM

What is the policy on taking over the counter meds and vitamin supplements into the Maldives? I read about prescriptions...but what about stuff like Advil or Sudafed? I take these when I'm diving...thx

1 Answer Nov 14, 2013 at 9:20 AM
    • cheaper way to travel from airport to gangehi island

Maldives Oct 1, 2013 at 7:22 PM

hi! does anyone know any other cheaper way to travel from airport to gangehi? i read that 420usd roundtrip seaairplane is how they usually do it..

thanks in advance!

5 Answers Oct 2, 2013 at 11:47 PM
    • AnnyF1's Profile Photo

Can you please let me about Maafushi,

Male Island Sep 26, 2013 at 5:12 PM

1. How I can travel from airport to Maafushi & how much it will cost.
      2. Is Maafushi is good place to stay.

1 Answer Sep 26, 2013 at 5:52 PM
    • AnnyF1's Profile Photo

Where to stay in Maldive

Male Island Sep 26, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Where to stay in Maldive

3 Answers Nov 25, 2013 at 12:15 PM