Travel Answers
Maldives

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Weather in the Maldives late October/early November?

Maldives May 27, 2015 at 3:33 AM

Hi everyone!!
      We are strongly considering the Maldives for our honeymoon in the last week of October and first week of November. However I have recently read mixed reviews on the weather and I just wanted to ask on here, has anyone travelled around this time and if so what has it been like? It is such an expensive trip that we would hate to think we could be rained in for the whole trip! Don't get me wrong, we wouldn't mind an odd shower here and there! Please can someone advise as we need to book soon :-) look forward to hearing from you all xx thanks.

more
    • Weather in the Maldives late October/early November?

Maldives May 27, 2015 at 3:33 AM

Hi everyone!!
      We are strongly considering the Maldives for our honeymoon in the last week of October and first week of November. However I have recently read mixed reviews on the weather and I just wanted to ask on here, has anyone travelled around this time and if so what has it been like? It is such an expensive trip that we would hate to think we could be rained in for the whole trip! Don't get me wrong, we wouldn't mind an odd shower here and there! Please can someone advise as we need to book soon :-) look forward to hearing from you all xx thanks.

• Looking for a resort in Maldives.

Maldives Apr 23, 2015 at 12:34 AM

Hello Friends,
      I am planning to spend 1month in the Maldives and do a scuba diving course. I am in search of a resort at decent rates where I can afford 1month stay and enjoy the Maldives. Can you please help me in providing the details of resorts available there or a website which can share the information of economical resorts.
      Some have suggested me http://www.maldivesresortdeals.com/ website.

Waiting for reply.

2 Answers Apr 29, 2015 at 5:43 AM
    • accomodation

Maldives Apr 16, 2015 at 4:00 AM

i m looking for some cheaper accomodation with a/c ...in maffuushi fr 4th may can anyone help

4 Answers Apr 21, 2015 at 6:23 PM
    • Maldives on a budget

Maldives Apr 2, 2015 at 4:58 AM

Hi!
      Me and my girlfriend would be doing a visit of 8-9 days to the Maldives after our trip through India.
      The plan is to do some island hopping. I have found some prices for the speedboats and the sea planes but they are too expensive for our budget.

I have read about the cheap taxi boats and ferries (Dhoni's) that are transporting the locals to the islands on a regular base. They are very cheap, offcourse the trip would take longer. Is it possible to book them (as a foreigner) there or do you have to book them in advance?

Anyone that has some experience with using them?

Also some good islands to visit that are not hours away from Malé? (South Malé atoll, North Malé atoll, Alifu atoll: Maafushi, Guraidhoo, ...?)

Thanks for the help!
      Best,
      Mike

9 Answers May 20, 2015 at 12:52 AM
    • BEST ISLAND/RESORT FOR BEGINNER SURFER

Maldives Mar 19, 2015 at 5:29 AM

HELLO EVERYONE!

MY FRIEND AND I ARE PLANNING TO TRAVEL IN MALDIVES BY OCTOBER, AND WE ARE STILL LOOKING FOR A BEST AFFORDABLE PLACE THAT HAS SPORTS ACTIVITIES LIKE SURFING AND DIVING. :)

ANY TIPS WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED!

2 Answers Apr 13, 2015 at 5:59 AM
    • Hotelierbyheart's Profile Photo

To Dos in Hulhumale

Maldives Mar 11, 2015 at 11:13 PM

Hi All. What are the must tries here in hulhumale? Thanks!

2 Answers Apr 16, 2015 at 9:40 AM

Helpful tips are very much welcome.

Maldives Feb 27, 2015 at 10:00 PM

It will be my frist time to travel to Maldives next next week, will be working there for a year. My flight will be from Philippines to Malaysia to Maldives. Any advise or tips? :) Thank you!

7 Answers Apr 8, 2015 at 12:04 PM
    • chasingtheexplorer's Profile Photo

maldives itinerary

Maldives Feb 23, 2015 at 5:22 PM

Hi,
      Me and my wife with 2 friends are traveling to maldives on may 15-18(friday-monday. we intend to stay at velassaru on our first 2 nights and spend our last night in one of the local islands. have read good write ups on maafushi and hullumale. boat transfer will be airport-velassaru-local island. is this ok? which local island has more foodshops and more tourist friendly? thanks in advance!

more power,

chasingtheexplorer

2 Answers Feb 24, 2015 at 3:02 PM
    • MadhuK's Profile Photo

Water Sports

Maldives Feb 13, 2015 at 9:58 AM

Hi

I am traveling to Maldives in April/May

I would like to know where i can find water sports in Maldives which are not much expensive. It would be better if you provide costs of watersports and also scuba diving

Thank you

3 Answers Apr 8, 2015 at 12:04 PM
    • Maldives tour Operators

Maldives Feb 8, 2015 at 8:48 PM

Does anyone has travelled with www.ovholidays.com - Official Indian Ocean’s Leading Luxury Tour Operator For 2014 ?

• Nadine_Harley's Profile Photo

honeymoon in the maldives

Maldives Feb 4, 2015 at 3:15 AM

hi there can anyone reccommend a good place in the maldives for honeymoon, also should i go all inclusive or is self catering better?
      thanks a mill.
      nadine.

5 Answers Mar 15, 2015 at 11:13 PM
    • marinastalitsa's Profile Photo

accomodation

Maldives Feb 1, 2015 at 7:27 AM

hello my fellow travelers!!!!
      i m planing to travel to Maldives for 3 nights... i would love to know which is the island i should book my accommodation with cheap but decent place to sleep...My priority is not an expensive resort or hotel, i would like to find a small romantic bungalow or little house on the beach :-)
      my priority is to go around the islands with a boat probably for the first day,aufcourse i would love to relax and chill in a ham-mac all day long drinking my cocktail!! and for sure i would love to do scuba diving!!!
      looking forward to read your experiences and ideas!!
      greetings Marina

2 Answers Apr 13, 2015 at 6:53 AM
    • ShaliaH's Profile Photo

Maldives accommodation

Maldives Jan 28, 2015 at 3:40 PM

Me and my partner are wanting to go for our honeymoon to the maldives in December. Is the weather still good during this time? Also we are wanting a over water villa but not to expensive any ideas much appreciated thankkuu

4 Answers Apr 8, 2015 at 12:04 PM
    • Weather at the moment ..?

Maldives Jan 26, 2015 at 3:23 AM

Is the forthcoming weather as unsettled as the forecasts tell me ..?

2 Answers Jan 26, 2015 at 11:30 PM
    • Check in rules

Maldives Jan 8, 2015 at 2:38 PM

I am planning to travel with girlfriend to maldives, is it ok to check in together in the same room or they should ask for a marriage prrof documents?
      Thanks.

3 Answers Jan 14, 2015 at 10:44 PM
    • Hotel check in

Maldives Jan 8, 2015 at 7:40 AM

I am planning to travel with girlfriend to maldives, is it ok to check in together in the same room or they should ask for a marriage prrof documents?
      Thanks.

2 Answers Jan 9, 2015 at 2:29 PM
    • massot's Profile Photo

MALDIVES January 2015

Maldives Dec 9, 2014 at 8:22 AM

I wrotte yesterday for a more specific question, and I had NO answers.
      Now I try a more general question!
      Please, some advice to enjoy these island, with a badget of 400 $ /day?
      Thanks and welcome any comment!
      Dr. Roma Massot
      Barcelona

21 Answers Dec 12, 2014 at 7:02 AM
    • massot's Profile Photo

TO STAY 4 FULL DAYS IN MALDIVAS

Maldives Dec 8, 2014 at 11:53 AM

HI, We will arrive to Male the 24th of January 15, and we will depart the 29th at 15:35.
      My idea is to spend the first day in the capital, and the rest in a resort or sailing around the archipelago. The main question is how to have the best rate price / quality. The very high prices are common and someones are forbidden for me and wife.
      Please, may you advice me which is the best way to consume a reasonable amount enjoying these islands?
      Thanks a lot
      Dr Roma Massot
      Barcelona

4 Answers Jan 20, 2015 at 1:10 AM
    • Angsana Velavaru Tap Water

Maldives Dec 3, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Is the tap water at Angsana Velavaru safe to drink after boil? I just do not want to spend too much fro drinking water.

1 Answer Dec 3, 2014 at 8:56 AM
    • Things to do in Hullumale

Male Island Nov 28, 2014 at 1:26 AM

can any budy Suggest me things to do in hullumale maldives

• Honeymoon planning Feb 2015

Maldives Nov 22, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Hi guys!

Im planning our honeymoon for Feb 2015. We are wanting to do Maldives and Sri Lanka, with Maldives being the first stop!

I am wanting help in which resort to stay in! We would prefer a private pool, a resort with varied cuisine options and close by to excursions!

Any help with Sri Lanka would be appeciated.

Thanks

1 Answer Mar 30, 2015 at 7:38 AM
    • Romatic hideaway, Water villa. Please suggest

Maldives Nov 21, 2014 at 3:06 AM

Hi all,

We are planning our honeymoon, and search for a romantic private water villa.

We like:
      - Romantic
      - 'Local style' (it should not look like a european modern hotelroom)
      - Restaurant with only sand under our feet
      - A small pool on the villa sun-deck
      - Fantastic snorkeling direct from the sun-deck

We do not like / do not need:
      - Shows and karaokee in the evening
      - Fitness / golf / tenniscourt
      - A lot of fancy, modern luxury
      - Ipod docking, TV, Home Theater system, ...

I think you get the picture ;-)

Please suggest based on your personal experience

Thank you in advance
      Ulrik and Tina

8 Answers Mar 2, 2015 at 11:04 PM

Did i made a right decision?

Maldives Nov 4, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Hi All,

Ill be joining a new hotelier team in Hulhumale Maldives? And will be working there for a year. What can you say about this place? Feel free to share :) thank you!

9 Answers Jan 20, 2015 at 1:13 AM
    • artificial flower shopping

Male Island Nov 2, 2014 at 4:14 AM

how to buy online ,artificial flowers which i did liked on my earlier tour of Male at paradise island

1 Answer Nov 2, 2014 at 9:04 AM
    • Veligandu or Six Senses Laamu

Maldives Oct 19, 2014 at 12:56 AM

Hi, I will be visiting the Maldives in late-October. I've narrowed down my choices between a Jacuzzi overwater villa at Veligandu (all inclusive) and a lagoon- or ocean-facing villa at the Six Senses Laamu.

Although Veligandu looks great, the Six Senses rooms and overall resort layout look more elegant and "dreamy" with more attention paid to design and details. Overall the price difference is about $450 a night (Veligandu being the cheaper of the two.)

I am worried that the Six Senses might be more susseptible to rain because it's location is more southernly. Do you think that this might make a significant difference as far as rain goes? I don't mind the occasional shower but wouldn't want to be stuck in torrential rains.

I know no one can predict the weather and I'm going during the rainy season, and I also know that this is a subjective choice. But if it were up to you, which option would you choose? Thanks!

1 Answer Oct 20, 2014 at 3:23 AM
    • Veligandu or Six Senses Laamu

Maldives Oct 19, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Hi,
      I will be visiting the Maldives in late-October. I've narrowed down my choices between a Jacuzzi overwater villa at Veligandu (all inclusive) and a lagoon- or ocean-facing villa at the Six Senses Laamu.

Although Veligandu looks great, the Six Senses rooms and overall resort layout look more elegant and "dreamy" with more attention paid to design and details. Overall the price difference is about $450 a night (Veligandu being the cheaper of the two.)

I am worried that the Six Senses might be more susseptible to rain because it's location is more southernly. Do you think that this might make a significant difference as far as rain goes? I don't mind the occasional shower but wouldn't want to be stuck in torrential rains.

I know no one can predict the weather and I'm going during the rainy season, and I also know that this is a subjective choice. But if it were up to you, which option would you choose? Thanks!

• MastutNidhofQolbi's Profile Photo

Traveling to Maldives and Seychelles from Jakarta.

Maldives Oct 4, 2014 at 1:44 AM

Dear Travelers

I have set a plan to visit Maldives and Seychelles for approximately 10 (ten) days. On this occasion I have some questions in regard of that travel plan:
      1. I will do take-off from Jakarta. So, what is the finest itinerary for that upcoming trip (A: Jakarta-Seychelles-Maldives-Jakarta or B: Jakarta-Maldives-Seychelles-Jakarta) as we have to compromise with the availability of the flight schedule?.
      2. Is there the direct flight from and to Jakarta for 2 (two) itinerary options as above (A & B)?. If unavailable (if transit is needed), what is the plane with its shortest flight hours for those options as above?.
      3. What is the best Live Cooking Restaurant in Maldives and or Seychelles which serves the Mediterranean menus?.
      4. What is the special and or necessary thing that I need to prepare for those destinations (Maldives & Seychelles) if I will do traveling to those places on summer season?.

Wishing I can get the answer from this forum and I really appreciate for the response.

Thank you in advance for sharing.

With Warm Wishes
      Mastut Nidhof Qolbi

• AhmedS32's Profile Photo

Any reliable hotel ranking website for Maldives?

Maldives Sep 30, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Wondering if anyone has seen a Maldives hotel ranking website with reliable information? What I want to know is which is the best hotel based on some score or rating. What is the second best, third best, and so on. Please drop me a link if you come across something worth looking into. thanks

7 Answers Oct 1, 2014 at 10:56 PM
    • AhmedS32's Profile Photo

Fake souvenir or original?

Maldives Sep 30, 2014 at 6:44 AM

Heard the best selling souvenir in Maldives is fake and sell at original price. Any advice?

5 Answers Mar 30, 2015 at 7:38 AM
    • Dusitlaguna's Profile Photo

Gratuities ???

Maldives Sep 7, 2014 at 3:08 AM

Just wondering if its best to tip the staff on a daily basis or leave a lump sum on the last day .
      In your opinion how many dollars should I allow to cover all tips during a two week stay?
      I appreciate most of the Indian and Maldivian staff have family commitments and rely on our generosity to survive and I know only too well what a struggle that can be.
      I am now well into retirement and I'm not afraid to admit it I do have to watch the pennies (most of my holiday gear came from charity shops) but I know what you're thinking, if I can afford to visit the Maldives then I can cough up a few bob in tips.
      So what do you recon the average amount should be?

13 Answers Mar 30, 2015 at 7:38 AM