Malcesine

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Base city to hike in the Dolomites

Cortina d'Ampezzo Mar 30, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Where is the best place to stay when hiking in the Dolomites? Is Cortina d'Ampezzo a good place to act as a base? Do you need a car to get there? Or is it possible to get there by train?

Thanks.

more
    • where to eat/hangout in Mestre

Mestre Apr 17, 2014 at 12:00 PM

group is looking for resturant/pub, we are all staying in or near the Marco Polo or Hilton Garden prior to crusie and want to gather on a friday night, experience some good local food. What do you suggest?

more
    • transportation

Venice Apr 13, 2014 at 11:21 AM

HI,
      Can I get from the port to the train or de bus station by walk?
      What is the best way to travel from Venice to Bologna, train or bus?
      That you.
      Sylvie

more
    • venice guided tour for 26

Venice Apr 5, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Any advice for what's available for a tour for 26 people
      on Tuesday?

more
    • butterfly house

Vicenza Apr 4, 2014 at 5:37 AM

what is the name of the butterfly house /park run by the handicapped, it is not in Padoa.

more
    • AbhinavA's Profile Photo

Difference between HelloVenezia Venice Card and VeneziaUnica City Pass

Venice Apr 3, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Hello all

I was looking for Museum and Church passes in Venice and I found the following 2 passes:

1. HelloVenezia Venice Card : hellovenezia.com/index.php?o...

2. VeneziaUnica City Pass : http://www.veneziaunica.it/en/

I was planning to consider the Junior version of both the cards(around 30 euros) which would be lesser than the individual costs of destinations. Both the cards cover the same attractions and are equally priced. Can anybody help me understand, what is the difference between both these passes. Also which pass should I buy among the 2? Are they bought online or can be bought at Venice. I would be arriving from VCE airport.

Also one more question, will I be eligible for the Reduced ticket for Doge's Palace Secret Itineraries Tour with either of these passes?

Thank you
      Abhinav

more
    • wreaths on women's heads

Verona Apr 1, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Seen several women today with wreaths on their heads..why?

more
    • onewhisky's Profile Photo

Opera at Verona Arena.

Verona Apr 6, 2014 at 12:56 PM

We are going to see Opera in Verona Arena Sat night Sun morning, my best guess is a 2am finish. We are staying in Desenzano Del Garda. So train in is no problem. How easy is it going to be to book and then find my taxi after Opera finishes please? Thanks in advance.

more
    • Elyzabeth's Profile Photo

Any special little tucked away places, or suggestions besides the obvious?

Venice Apr 7, 2014 at 11:29 AM

We will be staying in an apartment , in the San Marco, in May.

I highly recommend staying in an apartment as opposed to a hotel,

especially in someplace as expensive as Venice.
      We can prepare our own breakfasts and take some snacks with us on our travel.

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

3 days itenary

Venice Apr 12, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Venice is my final city for a 11 days holiday and I plan to spend 3 days. Would like some help with itenary.

- Can I have some suggestions on what to cover within these 3 days (first time in Venice)

- is staying on the island recommended? While this is more expensive, do I need to travel around? Looking for shortlist of accommodation in San Marco / San Polo and Marghera. On tight budget, so appreciate views.

- will be arriving on train from Milan. Is there a recommended way to get to city?

- what is the best way to head to airport on last day?

Any other helpful advice is appreciated. Thanks!!! :)

more
    • One night in Venice after cruise

Venice Apr 7, 2014 at 7:05 AM

We will be getting into the Port of Venice in the morning, and have a flight to leave the next day at 9:50 AM. Because of this flight time, we chose to stay near the airport. So our plan is to get off the boat and head directly to the Marriott Courtyard to drop off the luggage. Then, after that, head back to the center of Venice for the rest of the day and into evening. My question is this: What is the best transport from the Port to Marriott Courtyard (no shuttle service offered by hotel from Port), and the best way back to the center of town from the Courtyard? thank you in advance!

more
    • Italy to Dubrovnik

Venice Apr 17, 2014 at 2:27 PM

We want to go to Dubrovnik in the middle of May. We are coming from Dubai and thinking of landing in Venice. What do you think would be the best way (by land) to get to Dubrovnik? We are really flexible... either by train/bus or by ferry/train/bus? What do you suggest?

more
    • One day in Venice

Venice Mar 23, 2014 at 12:47 AM

I have just 1 day and 1 evening to spend in Venice. How would you have used the time?

more
    • marco polo airport transfer

Venice Apr 11, 2014 at 7:32 AM

Hello I am traveling on my own to Venice and I am arriving to Marco Polo Airport. My hotel lucy is in Via Santo Stefano, Campalto, could you please advise me what is the best way to get to the hotel? thank you sylvia

more
    • Bus/Train which is best?

Venice Mar 21, 2014 at 4:21 PM

What is the best way to travel from Venice to Maribor? Bus or Train ? Would prefer direct route.
      Would appreciate your help.
      Bebelone.

more
    • Public transport

by menorcajean Online Now Jan 5, 2014 at 6:53 AM

I will be visiting Malcesine in July and need information about how to travel from there to Menaggio using public transport on a Sunday. Does anyone have information about trains/buses? I would need to arrive in Menaggio by 14.00 many thanks.

1 Answer Jan 5, 2014 at 7:03 AM
    • daisy13_8's Profile Photo

Paragliders at Mount Baldo - Italy

by daisy13_8 Online Now Sep 25, 2013 at 2:59 AM

have any one do Paragliders at Mount Baldo ? can you suggest company i can do Paragliders with!!

1 Answer Sep 25, 2013 at 10:29 AM
    • Transfer Help

by sbrown1990 Online Now Aug 14, 2013 at 3:47 AM

Hi

I am going to Malcesine in September and would like to know the easiest/quickest way to get from Verona Airport to Malcesine. Would ideally like to go by train. Any help would be very appreciated!

Thanks

Sarah

3 Answers Aug 14, 2013 at 3:20 PM
    • The best transfer from malcesine to Verona

by James93 Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 5:58 AM

Hi
      I am visiting malcesine and leave on a flight out of Verona at 9 am. What is the best way of transfer early in the morning?

1 Answer Jul 29, 2013 at 10:01 AM
    • Transfer from Verona Airport to Malcesine

by FredCarrot Online Now Jun 18, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Hi all, I am visiting Malcesine next week and was planning to get the bus from the airport. However it looks like there is only one bus on a Sunday. Does anyone know if this is correct? Many thanks Sara

2 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    • Malcesine to Venice

by Manleygirl Online Now May 15, 2013 at 6:14 AM

Best way to get from Hotel Astoria in Malcesine to Venice using bus and train in 1st week in June 2013?

1 Answer May 15, 2013 at 7:13 AM
    • best way to get from Venice Marco Polo to Malcesine

by PeterSanders Online Now May 6, 2013 at 2:57 AM

my wife and I arrive 10.45am Venice Marco Polo, June 20th.
      what is the route to Malcesine ?
      Marco Polo > Mestre by coach ? Train to Verona ? Coach to Malcesine ?

4 Answers May 23, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    • shirleyq's Profile Photo

Malcesine without car

by shirleyq Online Now Apr 17, 2013 at 5:39 PM

We are an active retired couple looking to visit the Italian Lakes area and considering Malcesine as a base to explore the area. Is it possible to do this without a car? Bearing this in mind, I would also be interested in accommodation suggestions other than a hotel please. Many thanks

3 Answers Apr 20, 2013 at 9:46 AM
    • verona airport to malcesine tranfer help

by davidkevindavies Online Now Mar 31, 2013 at 10:49 AM

hi all what a great site so many people helping,we are coming to malcesine last week of may 2013 ,we are a bit worried abt getting from verona airport to malcesine ,any help here would be helpful kevin

9 Answers May 1, 2013 at 10:28 AM
    • Bellagio to Malcesine

by LyndonDay Online Now Apr 4, 2012 at 4:19 AM

Hi
      My wife & I wish to stay in Belaggio, L Como, for 1 week and then travel to Malcesine on Wednesday 16th May. Any ideas on the best way to travel form one town to the other without hiring a car?

Thanks

• kamayren's Profile Photo

Marco polo to Malcesine

by kamayren Online Now Dec 22, 2011 at 7:40 AM

I am going to a wedding in Malcesine on the 24th July 2012
      Can anyone tell me the best way to get from Marco polo airport to Malcesine
      I arrive on the 20th July for 7 days or would it be easier to go to Venice for a couple of days then go to melcesine

1 Answer Dec 22, 2011 at 12:10 PM
    • timetable

by gagsh Online Now Dec 5, 2011 at 11:01 AM

hi guys
      goin to malcesine in may, arriving at 11:20 in linate airport, can i get a bus straight there or is it into milan? bus number please
      regards gagsh :)

4 Answers Dec 6, 2011 at 10:14 AM
    • Bus fare from peschiera del Garda to malcesine

by Mnag Online Now Jun 11, 2011 at 7:50 PM

I will be taking the train from Venice to peschiera and then plan on taking the bus to malcesine. There will be three of us (one child 8 yes). I have read that we can buy tickets online n
      By paying the driver. Does someone know the cost. Don't know if the driver will give us change etc... Thanks

1 Answer Jun 11, 2011 at 11:48 PM
    • No Return

by IanMoore73 Online Now May 19, 2011 at 6:05 AM

Good afternoon all,

I've booked a ticket through Tren Italia from Bergamo to Desenzano but I cant get a return ticket...I'm assuming it's due to them being fully booked.

Can anyone recommend a different route I could take which hopefully won't cost me a small fortune?

Many thanks in advance
      Ian

7 Answers May 20, 2011 at 4:54 AM
    • Day Trip or Overnight?

by WhalTravel Online Now Mar 20, 2011 at 12:50 AM

I will be spending a few nights in Verona at the end of the month and am interested in spending some time at Lake Garda, specifically in Malcesine. I have been going back and forth between making a day trip (leaving early and taking the last bus back) or spending the night in the town itself. How busy will the town be at the end of March/very beginning of April? Many hotels I've considered don't open until later in April - will a day be sufficient or would we be missing an experience by commuting back that same evening? If we should spend the night, is it an advantage or disadvantage to be right in the center of town? We will be traveling without a car and therefore taking a bus up to Malcesine.

4 Answers Mar 21, 2011 at 1:47 AM
    • Verona from Malcesine

by larive Online Now Jul 15, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Hi
      I wonder if anyone can help. My husband and I are holidaying in Malscesine on 14th August for 1 week to celebrate our silver wedding.
      We would like to go to the Opera in Verona . Is it posssible to go to Verona for the day and stay on see the opera then travel back to Malscesine ?
      If so whats the best way to arrange?
      Thanks
      regards
      Larive

2 Answers Jul 16, 2010 at 12:20 AM
    • RAD

by radekbest Online Now Jun 9, 2010 at 5:41 AM

Sorry I bother you again ,I just realize I'm flying in to Verona(Brescia)Airport
      (VBS)how I will get from there to Malcesine can I use that some BUS like you said before?RAD

3 Answers Jun 13, 2010 at 10:53 AM
    • Venice to Malcesine

by Poshrob Online Now Jun 9, 2010 at 5:29 AM

Hi guys,

We are going to venice for our honeymoon in August and I have been tasked with looking into transport for our time there.

Any help on the following would be great.

1. from Venice Marco Polo Ariport to our hotel in Venice Centre(ish) - we would like private water taxi
      2. Best travel option for 3 days around venice and surrounding islands.
      3. Transport from our Venice hotel to Maclcescine - Travel time/cost etc
      4. How to get from Malcescine back to Marco Polo Airport.

Thank you all for your help on this.

Take care,
      Poshrob

• RAD

by radekbest. Online Now Jun 7, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Hi I need help .How I get from Verona Airport to Malcesine by Bus I know its Bus 62-64 and is going from train station Verona but I will be on sunday at the airport 15;00 you know what time going buses on Sunday?thank you RAD

6 Answers Jun 8, 2010 at 10:37 AM
    • RAD

by radekbest Online Now Jun 6, 2010 at 3:32 PM

Hi I need to know how to get from Verona Airport to Malcesine.I'm going next sunday 13 june will be at the airport 15:00.If u can halp me thank you

1 Answer Jun 6, 2010 at 3:52 PM
    • price of a taxi from Bergamo airport to Melcesine

by louise_mur Online Now Jun 5, 2010 at 8:44 AM

We are arriving to Bergamo Airport at 19.55 and from doing some research it looks like the only transfer option to Melcesine is by taxi, the last bus is quite early, is this correct and does anyone know an approx cost of a taxi??
      Thanks

1 Answer Jun 5, 2010 at 9:46 AM
    • Traveling around lake garda from malcesine

by xonacs Online Now May 16, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Hi all

I will be going to Malcesine soon and I am trying to decide whether to rent a car or not. I have no idea what traffic is like in May but the weather might also be bad so I'm not sure I want to drive.

I will be going to these places more or less:

Monte Baldo - don't need car

Some towns around the like - will use ferry

Verona

Gardaland

Parco Natura Viva

Thermal Park

Venice - through isango.com - has anyone heard of them?

Do you recommend a car for this or should I use public transport? How easy is it to get to places like Gardaland or Parco Natura Viva without a car? Thanks

1 Answer May 16, 2010 at 1:58 PM
    • bergamo to malcesine

by rafferty Online Now May 1, 2010 at 12:37 PM

we arrive in bergamo airport at 19.55,we have to get to malcesine would be glad of any tips.what trains and buses we need to get.

3 Answers May 1, 2010 at 1:08 PM
    • angela6571's Profile Photo

Paragliding

by angela6571 Online Now Apr 26, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Does anyone know of a company that does tandem paraglidng? I see that it is a big sport in Malcesine, but I have only come across club information.

Thanks,
      Angela

1 Answer Apr 26, 2010 at 10:09 AM
    • Malcesine to Verona

by emmacoupland Online Now Apr 14, 2010 at 1:34 PM

My husband and I are visiting Malcesine for a week in August and would like to visit Verona for a day. Can anyone tell me the best way to get to Verona and back on public transport and how long it will take?

Thanks

2 Answers Apr 16, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    • Transfer from Malcesine to Florence

by tennislover Online Now Apr 13, 2010 at 12:45 AM

We are staying at Malcesine for a week in September then travelling onto Florence for a few days. Can anybody assist with best method of transfer ie hire
      a car or public transport and how long this journey would take.

Many thanks

Andy & Nicky

2 Answers Apr 13, 2010 at 10:46 PM
    • Musical events

by brianfazackerley Online Now Jan 17, 2010 at 10:14 AM

We shall be in Malcesine from 2-6-2010 to 9-6-2010. Are there any musical events in Malcesine Castle between these dates or any other venues in the area?

1 Answer Jan 17, 2010 at 11:02 AM
    • Venice to Malcesine

by iamfolk Online Now Dec 17, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Hi,
      I'm flying to Venice next year and need to get from there to Malcesine. I plan on getting the train to Verona or Peschiera del Garda and then the 62/64 bus that goes to Malcesine. Would it be best to switch from train to bus in Verona or in Peschiera? How much of the bus journey will it cut off if I stay on the train to Peschiera and how long does the bus from Peschiera to Malcesine take?
      Any help on this would be great!
      cheers.

6 Answers Dec 17, 2009 at 4:55 PM
    • Milan to Malcesine

by Wesmcl Online Now Sep 1, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Hi all...flying into Milan in a few weeks and renting a car...what is the best route to drive from Linate Airport to Malcesine? How long will it approx take and are the roads mostly motorway? Many thanks :-)

2 Answers Sep 1, 2009 at 11:03 PM
    • Buses from Peschiera to Malcesine

by steve.ingham Online Now Aug 2, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Can't make head nor tail of bus timetable as it wont translate from Italian into English. I'm returning from a day out in Venice and alighting at Peshiera rail station either 8pm or 10pm depending on last bus (62 or 64 I think) back to Malcesine. Any ideas anyone of time of last bus please?

6 Answers Aug 2, 2009 at 2:56 PM