Malcesine Travel Answers

change location

Verona from Malcesine

by larive Online Now Jul 15, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Hi
I wonder if anyone can help. My husband and I are holidaying in Malscesine on 14th August for 1 week to celebrate our silver wedding.
We would like to go to the Opera in Verona . Is it posssible to go to Verona for the day and stay on see the opera then travel back to Malscesine ?
If so whats the best way to arrange?
Thanks
regards
Larive

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: Verona from Malcesine

by mccalpin Online Now Jul 15, 2010 at 5:46 PM

First, you want to read Francesco's (VT name: effeti) excellent tips on transportation between Verona (where he lives) and Malcesine and other places in the general area. See
    Torri del Benaco Transportation Tips by effeti

Second, you will want to note that the Opera - so I am told - tends to end late so public transportation doesn't run out to Malcesine at that point. I believe that Francesco alludes to this but notes in his 4th tip that the public transit company may have a (one) special Opera-focused bus that will make the run back at 30 minutes after the end of the event - but you have to reserve in advance...

Third, you may want to talk to the Tourist Office in Malcesine when you arrive to see if there are updates to this. See http://www.malcesinepiu.it/ for the official website (in English and other languages) for Malcesine.

Fourth, you might want to consider a night in Verona...

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • IanMacPhail's Profile Photo

Re: Verona from Malcesine

by IanMacPhail Online Now Jul 16, 2010 at 12:20 AM

The opera does finish very late. If you have booked through Thomson or Ingham you will be able to book through them and travel on their coach there and back. I did it once and I still don`t know how I found the right coach for going home! Take a towel to sit on. :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines