Malcesine Travel Answers

change location

Venice to Malcesine

by iamfolk Online Now Dec 17, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Hi,
I'm flying to Venice next year and need to get from there to Malcesine. I plan on getting the train to Verona or Peschiera del Garda and then the 62/64 bus that goes to Malcesine. Would it be best to switch from train to bus in Verona or in Peschiera? How much of the bus journey will it cut off if I stay on the train to Peschiera and how long does the bus from Peschiera to Malcesine take?
Any help on this would be great!
cheers.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: Venice to Malcesine

by mccalpin Online Now Dec 17, 2009 at 12:07 PM

You will probably get some replies here, but if you look at the other posts in the Malcesine forum -
    VT Forum temporarily unavailable
    you will see that this question or variations gets asked a lot, and you can probably get the answers you want by looking at the older posts...

P.S. are you really flying to Venice (Marco Polo Airport) or to Treviso on Ryanair (who calls this "Venice")? This won't make a lot of difference in the long run but it will be good to know where you're starting from ;-)

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Dec 17, 2009 at 12:21 PM

ThaknsBiull..the online site I sue for bus services wasn't workiong for me earlier, and I've found the link i needed form the old thread!

OP: you can find train times, details and fares in English here:

trenitalia.it/homepage_en.ht...

and the 62/64 bus timetables here:

tech.atv.verona.it/atv_www/o...

so you can work out what is the best route from (preumably?) Venice Marco Polo airport. You'll need to get the bus from the airport to Mestre railway station. Timetable here:

atvo.it/index.php?lang=en&ar...

• mccalpin's Profile Photo

by mccalpin Online Now Dec 17, 2009 at 1:09 PM

we aim to please ;-)

Bill

• suvanki's Profile Photo

by suvanki Online Now Dec 17, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Hi! I travelled from Padua to Lake Garda by train-just turned up and bought a ticket.(This train came from Venice) I travelled to Peschiera del Garda, then caught the bus from the stop just outside the train station,(pay the driver on boarding)which stops at all the villages/towns on the lake. I stayed at Brenzone, which is a few stops before Malcesine. I'm not sure of the exact time, but guess it is about an hour to Malcesine from Peschiera. A pleasant journey, with Lakeside and village views.
    Please check out my Lake Garda and Malcesine pages for more info.Lago di Garda Transportation Tips by suvanki
    Have A Great Trip- Look forward to reading all about it.
    Please feel free to contact me for more info.
    Best Wishes,
    Sue

• Re: Venice to Malcesine

by iamfolk Online Now Dec 17, 2009 at 3:32 PM

hey guys,
    thanks a lot for the answers. it is indeed venice marco polo. flying in there with aer-lingus. grand, so i'll get the bus to mestre train station, train to peschiera and then the bus up to malcesine. hopefully be there no more than 5 hours after our plane hits italian soil. seems like a long journey

• effeti's Profile Photo

by effeti Online Now Dec 17, 2009 at 4:55 PM

> Would it be best to switch from train to bus in Verona or in Peschiera?

well, the train is faster, that sure, to exit the city.

But, in the 62-64 bus timetable ( tech.atv.verona.it/atv_www/o... ), even if this is the winter one, you will notice that not every bus passes in peschiera (a few make a diversion).

So, basically, it depends on your timing. Arriving fast and easy in Peschiera, just to wait there for the following bus arriving from Verona may not be the smartest idea.
    But chances are good for a time saving.

Ciao
    Francesco

P.S. time to malcesine can be easily calculated from the timetable. However, keep in mind that the coastal road (actually, the only road to Malcesine) in summer can be crowded and very slow, and a bus driver cannot do miracles... So, it can take more time in some days and hours.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines