Malbork Travel Answers

change location
tracyskf's Profile Photo

Malbork caslte and luggage storage in train station?

by tracyskf Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 9:13 AM

We plan on taking the early morning train from Warsaw to arrive in Malbork by 0930 AM. Would like to find out:
- Is it an easy walk to the Malbork Castle? (Any uphill cos we might have to get there with luggage if there is no storage in train station)
- I can't find a good source on the internet on availability of storage of luggage in the Malbork train station. Some mentioned it was under renovation and there is no storage facility (old posting) - hope someone can provide an updated information.
- Any suggestion on what to do between 4PM to 830 PM after the castle closes?
- Plan on taking the night train to Krakow from Malbork (I know it is some 8 hours) - I was thinking we can have a sleeper train vs flying. Can someone advise how much is the sleeper train and is it comfortable? If this is a bad idea, let me know also.

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • sihi's Profile Photo

Re: Malbork caslte and luggage storage in train station?

by sihi Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Hi!

I dont know about luggage storage. Castle locate not far from city centre. How much days will you spend in Poland? Dont you want to visit also other places near Malbork? Cities of Elblag, Gdansk are worth a visit.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Malbork caslte and luggage storage in train station?

by Jetgirly Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 7:33 PM

I was there last summer and didn't see any luggage storage. It's a fairly short walk from the station to the castle- mostly flat and you'll pass through the city center. Maybe it's twenty minutes by foot? I am not convinced that you will need 9:30 to 4:30 to see the castle, though if you are going in high season you may face a large queue to buy tickets. I would suggest that when you're done at the castle you take the train to Gdansk. There is a luggage storage facility there (lower level of main train station) and you could spend a few hours exploring the historic center before catching an overnight train back to Krakow. You won't be able to see everything but you also won't get bored, as you would in Malbork. There is a train departing Gdansk at 23:19 that arrives in Krakow at 11:19 the next day. You would want to book that upon arrival in Warsaw to ensure a spot in a sleeper.

There is also a sleeper train leaving Malbork at 19:41 and arriving in Krakow at 07:18, meaning you wouldn't have to hang around Malbork quite so long. You could probably spent 4:30 to 6:30 having a nice dinner then hang out at the train station for a while. Again, reserve overnight trains upon arrival in Poland.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines