Malaysia Travel Answers

change location
julieann83's Profile Photo

Help for A singapore-Malalysia Itinerary for 4 days and 3 nights

by julieann83 Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Hello VT'ers,

I'm panning a trip for my 2 aunts and uncle this coming feb27 to mar 2.
They will be arriving feb 27 at Singapore Airport, 10AM.

I'm actually planning to

1) explore Singapore from 10AM to 8PM
2) 8PM, catch the train from Woodlands to KL ( leaving woodlands 11PM then arriving KL by 7AM) sleeper train - this way I save one night for a hotel.

3) explore KL, possible suggest the places to visit, nice hotel to stay ( a bit on a budget) possible to have a tour package?

4) on the 3rd day, (mar 1) thinking of getting a bus going back to singapore or train again

5) leaving singapore airport at 2:20PM.

Could please help suggest itinerary for KL please and hotels.

By the way, my aunts and uncle are fifty'ers so activities will be more on sight seeing. Is BAtu cave could be a good day tour destinations?

Appreciate your suggestions. Thank you.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • akkipaa's Profile Photo

Re: Help for A singapore-Malalysia Itinerary for 4 days and 3 nights

by akkipaa Online Now Feb 10, 2013 at 3:41 AM

HI, I give some proposals to KL part. You have there only two days so be careful not to include to much. You have a lot of possibilities Museums, Temples, Palace, other sights. Take a day bus ticket to hop-on-off, with that you can cover at least, Chinatown, Little India, Agong's palace, national mosque, some museums bird park, butterfly park among others. Wander on streets, take a tube walk (it's air conditioned :) and if there's no long queues visit KL or Petronas tower. Batu caves, of course, but that takes a lot of from you time, so it's up to you how to spend it.

Have fun out there!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Feb 10, 2013 at 4:20 AM

I wopuld allow an extra day in KL as there are lots to see there such as Petronas Towers, Chinatown, Bukit Bintang and Jalan Alor street for eating, as well as a trip to the end of the train line to Batu Caves, a magnificent Hindu Temple. Perhaps catch an early morning bus at 6 am to return to Singapore as it only takes 4-5 hrs. At Bukit Bintang Podok Lodge is an economical place to stay.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

by angiebabe Online Now Feb 10, 2013 at 6:46 AM

thanks for both replies as Im hoping to do something like this in a few weeks time on my way from Sydney back to London...have got the LP guidebook for Southeast asia ordered and on its way but great to good info from vters too!

• julieann83's Profile Photo

by julieann83 Online Now Feb 10, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Thank you Akkipa and davidjo.

• cal6060's Profile Photo

by cal6060 Online Now Feb 10, 2013 at 4:11 PM

If I were you I would skip KL, I would spend more time in Singapore and spend a day trip to Melaka.

Since you are traveling with elderly, it sounds exhausted taking the airplane then the overnight train without much rest. Then, touring hassle city of KL.

Anyway, enjoy your trip!

• muratkorman's Profile Photo

by muratkorman Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 2:53 AM

You can check my Singapore and KL pages for things to do in both locations. Melaka could be a good choice too, but your time is very limited and you cannot add more places. Batu caves is a must-see if you visit KL. You can find details in my related pages.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Malaysia Travel Answer Locations