Malaysia Travel Answers

change location
nattybabe's Profile Photo

Travel from LCCT to Melaka

by nattybabe Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Hi all,

I will be travelling from LCCT to Melaka and was wondering what the best and quickest way of getting there is. I have the bus schedule, however it leaves 2 hours after my flight gets in which is a long time to wait at LCCT. Do you think it's worth booking a transfer? I have found quotes online for MY300 which is obviously a lot more than the MY23 bus ride but would cut out the waiting time. Any suggestions please? Can I get a transfer any cheaper? I was also thinking of getting a car back to KL city after my stay in Melaka.

Also, how long is the bus ride? Some sites say 1.5 hours and the official one says 3 hours. This may help in the decision also.

Thanks!

Natalie

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Travel from LCCT to Melaka

by wentbytrain Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 12:28 AM

all up to you. Ever thought that planes may be late?
    You state exactly what the alternatives are: wait (in your idea too long) for the cheap bus, or shell out for a driver waiting for you with a limo.
    From LCC to MLK should not take more as 2hrs by bus-1,5 more likely. MLK- KUL city takes well over 2 hrs-the airport is roughly in between, some 70 kms away from KUL.
    Direct bus MLK-KUL only cost 9/10 MYR/single, runs 2/3 per hour-several companies.
    You can do LCC-MLK in stages by changing and paying even less-but then the time lost is so much, you and up later as in direct bus.
    For when? Note that LCC is to close and move to a new terminal in other location around may/june.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nattybabe's Profile Photo

Re: Travel from LCCT to Melaka

by nattybabe Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Thanks for your reply. It will be better if the flight is late actually! Less time to wait for the bus. :) I will be travelling on 5 March in what will be a very long day coming from Koh Samui starting at 7am - ferry, Air Asia flight, bus. If the bus were to take 3 hours, that would get me to Melaka for 7pm which is just silly when I'm only coming from Thailand. If as you say it only take 1.5 hours then that may be a different story.

I'll just have to weigh up how much time I want to give up compared to money spent I guess. Or bring a good book?

Thanks, N

• cal6060's Profile Photo

Re: Travel from LCCT to Melaka

by cal6060 Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 3:32 AM

Hum...Well in case you really need to wait for the bus for two hours, then the alternative way is taking the Airport Transit Bus + Train to reach Tasik Selantan Bus Station. It will take roughly around 45 minutes to 1 hour.

"Alternative Way to LCCT" - KLIA Transit Tip by cal6060

The bus is waiting outside the domestic arrival hall, outside of the coffee-bean cafe.

From Tasik Selantan Bus Station, they have more routes going to Melaka.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Malaysia Travel Answer Locations