Malaysia Travel Answers

change location

Travel ideas

by EsterBol Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Hi,

On August 28th we are going to Malaysia and start on a volunteering programme on the 3rd of September at Kuching. Therefore, we still have some days left to fill in.

Our plan; Day 1: Kuala Lumpur Day 2: Kuala Lumpur + Bhatu Caves (evening flight to Langkawi) Day 3; Langkawi Day 4; Langkawi (afternoon boat to Penang or maybe flight) Day 5; Penang Day 6; Penang (afternoon flight to Kuching)

We can also go to other places other then Langkawi or Penang, but it is hard to chose. What do you recommend? Is it worth it to see both Langkawi and Penang?

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

Re: Travel ideas

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 3:11 AM

since u only have six days perhaps concentrate on two places, KL and Penang.. for beaches since u are going to Borneo and if u can squeeze in some days go to Kota Kinabalu. Sabah has some nice islands and beaches better than Langkawi..

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 3:30 AM

I agree, you seem to be covering too much in 6 days especially when you consider travel time. KL has enough attractions to keep you busy for two full days and Penang is an interesting place with a little history and interesting sites. The food is wonderful there and apparently there are nice beaches although i have never been to any.

• Mozumbus's Profile Photo

by Mozumbus Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 3:36 AM

replied on KL forum

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo

by DaHongHua Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Welcome to Malaysia. Your original plan is rather compact but it is doable. You have 2.5 days in KL, 1.5 days in Langkawi and 1.5 days in Penang. I am sure you did some survey and have what to do in mind. I would like to recommend do not miss Gunung Mat Cinchang and water sports while you are in Langkawi. While in Penang, remember to take a ride to and fro Penang / Butterworth, you can see two Butterworth ports : NBCT and BWCT, Penang Bridge and Penang Island from the ferry, that a great experience not to be missed.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Malaysia Travel Answer Locations