Malaysia Travel Answers

change location
tcheuki's Profile Photo

Train from Woodlands to JB Sentral

by tcheuki Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Hi.

Have booked train tickets from JB Sentral to Ipoh en route to Pangkor. However, as we are travelling from Singapore and have two children with us and also given our train is at 9am, we would rather take the train across to JB rather than bus or taxi. I was therefore looking for some advice regarding this. On the KTMB website it will not allow me to book trains for this short journey.....is this because it's a sort of local train? Do I show up at the station and buy tickets or get them the night before? The train we are thinking of getting to JB is at 8am, would ths be enough time to make the connection? although I think it's the same train we'll be travelling to Ipoh on, but believe we still have to get off and then reboard! If the train is not a feasible option, then what would be the easiest alternative for us and how much time should we allow ourselves to travel from central Singapore to JB on a Wednesday morning? As ever thanks for any tips.

Cheers!!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Train from Woodlands to JB Sentral

by davidjo Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 4:20 AM

I wold allow two hours maximum. We traveled from the airport to the bus station in JB last year in less than 2 hrs. If you take the local bus from Singapore you will hop off at immigration , spend 10 minutes there processing the whole family and hop on the next bus with the same tkt. If i remember correctly the tkt is less than 2 S$

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • walterwu's Profile Photo

Re: Train from Woodlands to JB Sentral

by walterwu Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 5:38 AM

The train route usually encompasses starting from Woodlands and have stops along the route to which JB Sentral is, probably, the first stop. Thereafter, it continues to it destination with other stops (in Malaysia) along the way unless it is an express train.

I do not know of any train that shuttles between Singapore's Woodland station and JB Sentral Station.

• Re: Train from Woodlands to JB Sentral

by wentbytrain Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 10:22 PM

It is the VERY same train- in SIN you just buy addit. tix for the 5 mins hop over causeway. JB now has a fancyfull overlarge brandnew station-right beside the old one and beside the new CIC=kastam processing building. No of course you cannot book such tickets online. Its 1 km and 4 mins riding!

• Re: Train from Woodlands to JB Sentral

by wentbytrain Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 10:23 PM

It is the VERY same train. Simply buy addit. tickets un SUN for the 1 km 5 mins hop.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Malaysia Travel Answer Locations