Malaysia Travel Answers

change location
tcheuki's Profile Photo

Train from Woodlands to JB Sentral

by tcheuki Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Hi.

Have booked train tickets from JB Sentral to Ipoh en route to Pangkor. However, as we are travelling from Singapore and have two children with us and also given our train is at 9am, we would rather take the train across to JB rather than bus or taxi. I was therefore looking for some advice regarding this. On the KTMB website it will not allow me to book trains for this short journey.....is this because it's a sort of local train? Do I show up at the station and buy tickets or get them the night before? The train we are thinking of getting to JB is at 8am, would ths be enough time to make the connection? although I think it's the same train we'll be travelling to Ipoh on, but believe we still have to get off and then reboard! If the train is not a feasible option, then what would be the easiest alternative for us and how much time should we allow ourselves to travel from central Singapore to JB on a Wednesday morning? As ever thanks for any tips.

Cheers!!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • cal6060's Profile Photo

Re: Train from Woodlands to JB Sentral

by cal6060 Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 2:51 AM

I think they might have a train accident between Singapore and JB recently. Or just call the KTM hotline to find out. channelnewsasia.com/stories/... The news said most people take the bus to JB. Good luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

Re: Train from Woodlands to JB Sentral

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 4:51 AM

you can take taxi at Rochor Road near Queens Street. Cost is $10 pp shared taxi. You can have the whole taxi to yourself and family for $40 per taxi. You will not need to get off the taxi at immigration and the taxi will drop you off at KotaRaya mall near Causeway. Alternatively you can also take public bus #170 from Kranji MRT station It is cheaper but you will need to get off the bus and board again. Don't see why u can buy train ticket from Singapore to JB. But KTM website is not so easy to manouever. So perhaps go down to railway station and buy the tickets personally the day before. If that don't work out take taxi to JB. No its not a local train. It belongs to Malaysia's KTM.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Malaysia Travel Answer Locations