change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travelling around cebu and surrounding islands

Cebu Island Mar 20, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Hello

I'm looking for little bit of advice. I will be landing in Cebu with 10 days in area of holiday time. I would like to visit the surrounding islands. Obviously I realize keeping it to Cebu, Bohol and maybe one more would probably be best.

My only issue is that I don't know how to go about it in terms of time in each place and where I should spend most of my time and what I should ditch completely

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

more
    • Ferry

by martin1952 Online Now May 11, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Ferry from Malapascua to Bohol times prices

4 Answers May 11, 2013 at 8:06 AM
    • swiftfoot's Profile Photo

Thresher Shark Dive

by swiftfoot Online Now May 1, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I read that Monad Shoal and Kimud are the 2 dive sites in Malapascua (Cebu, Philippines) where there are thresher shark sightings. Has anyone done these dives and can you compare the 2 dives in terms of diving conditions: current, visibility, distance from the island. Also, how long one has to stay below 80 feet to spot a thresher shark.

I used to dive at 90 -100 feet, but have not gone diving in 10 years. Is there any particular skill I need to brush up on to make the most of the dive?

5 Answers May 12, 2013 at 5:07 PM
    • ilovetotravel14's Profile Photo

Malapascua to Bantayan Boat Price

by ilovetotravel14 Online Now Mar 17, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are planning to visit Bantayan and Malapascua on June. Which is a better route, Malapascua first then Bantayan or Bantayan to Malapascua? We're coming from Cebu City.

Also, would anyone know how much is the boat ride to/from Malapascua to/from Bantayan?

Thank you!

3 Answers Mar 25, 2011 at 2:38 AM
    • shomalabanan's Profile Photo

Where to Stay @ Malapascua / Boat from bantayan to malapascua

by shomalabanan Online Now Jan 10, 2011 at 3:12 AM

Hello,

We'll be travelling from bantayan to malapascua and plans to stay there overnight, can you suggest any hotel that has a good beachfront (including the sand)? Considering the price as well (around 1k-1.5k for 2 pax?)

Thank you!

Also in addition, does anyone knows a bangkero that can take us from bantayan to malapascua?

3 Answers Jan 24, 2011 at 11:51 PM
    • Cottages for rent on Malapascua Island

by eveonpoll Online Now May 25, 2010 at 7:36 AM

Please, does anyone have contact details for cottages for rent on Malapascua island? Many thanks..

3 Answers Jan 10, 2011 at 3:08 AM
    • winzkie_d_pooh's Profile Photo

malapascua accom

by winzkie_d_pooh Online Now May 27, 2009 at 8:47 PM

hi, anyone who wants to join on malapascua & bantayan tours on august 28-31?...
      my question is regarding the best accom...which is the best accom among the ff:
      -sunset resort
      -dano's resort
      -cocobana resort
      and also from malapascua, how can we go to bantayan island?...
      thanks!!!

7 Answers May 28, 2009 at 6:20 AM
    • Malapascua Island

by singlejoker Online Now Oct 23, 2008 at 11:08 PM

Hi to everyone, I'm planning to go in Malapascua island in early week of Jan 2009 with my girlfriend. I'm looking an accomodation (not so expensive) with an own kitchen in a room because my gf loves to cook for me. Could anybody else to advise me? Thank you very much.--Chris

1 Answer Nov 21, 2008 at 1:29 AM
    • cottage

by titayme Online Now Oct 7, 2008 at 4:02 AM

how much the cottage in sunrise??

3 Answers Oct 7, 2008 at 9:11 AM
    • sugarpuff's Profile Photo

Initial thoughts of Malapascua?

by sugarpuff Online Now Sep 8, 2008 at 6:18 AM

I have just read through ALL of the Malapascua Island tips here on VT and have a well rounded idea of the place...

What I would like to know is, is the weather towards end of January usually sunny? I saw a couple of VTers photos of it looking very stormy mid January this year. Secondly, as a first timer to PH, is this a cool place to go to get an idea of island life? I am a diver and would like to do some diving but I are there other things to do on the island? Can I go for a walk and see some interesting sights? Apart form Bounty Beach, are there other small coves I could explore?

Others have written about Bantayan Island which I understand is much bigger...is there more happening there? What are the beaches and accomodation like? I am looking for a nice hut somewhere!

Thank you for any advice you can pass back my way...Ive enjoyed reading everything, but now would like a bit more personal insight into the place!

Sugarpuff

6 Answers Oct 17, 2008 at 10:53 PM
    • moonlighting's Profile Photo

better dive operator

by moonlighting Online Now Apr 22, 2008 at 8:38 PM

which is better of the following:

Exotic Island Dive Resort
      Thresher Divers
      Dan's Divers

I'm looking for a dive operator that is flexible, has value for money and definitely not that which has the highest rate per dive.

Any other good options for dive operators?

Thanks!

1 Answer Apr 23, 2008 at 3:22 AM
    • PsychoGrl's Profile Photo

Best Accomodation

by PsychoGrl Online Now Feb 26, 2008 at 6:32 AM

i'm travelling alone to malapascua and i'm looking for the following:

- 24 hour electricity
      - beach front
      - near the other restaurants, shops etc
      - might offer transfer service from cebu city
      - own bathroom
      - well kept rooms

waiting for your replies. thanks!

4 Answers Sep 8, 2008 at 6:23 AM
    • Salty shower?

by aneelf Online Now Dec 13, 2007 at 9:57 AM

I´w heard that the water is salty in the shower at the island, is there any accomodation whithout salty showers? And is it same at Bantayan island?

Does anyone know?

2 Answers Dec 20, 2007 at 12:11 AM
    • PsychoGrl's Profile Photo

Going to Malapascua

by PsychoGrl Online Now Dec 1, 2007 at 5:31 AM

hi!

i'm planning to go to malapascua on january.. is it true that i could ride a boat from mactan to malapascua? and it will just take 2 hours? and what's the earliest time i could catch a boat/bus going there? either from cebu city & maya or mactan?

2 Answers Dec 3, 2007 at 5:29 AM
    • Mara_2's Profile Photo

Malapscua Weather end September - mid October

by Mara_2 Online Now Aug 29, 2007 at 7:30 AM

Can somebody enlighten me regarding the weather at the end of September - mid October? I'm a diver and I would also like to know the how is the sea condition in this period?
      Thanks a lot to all who answers me!

• Contact numbers or reservation

by joy-here Online Now May 7, 2007 at 2:39 AM

am planning to go to malapascua by second week of june with my fiancee and some of my cousins and am planning to go to bluewater:beach bungalow.I have read on some comments on google that this bluewater:beach bungalow is nice and cheap. My problem is where to asked for reservationand contact numbers.. Anyway we are just here living in cebu city...

• quinnray's Profile Photo

Weather conditions in July August

by quinnray Online Now Apr 12, 2007 at 7:59 AM

Hi,

I'm considering going in July/August.
      It's during wet season and the rainfall is greatest in those months.
      Can anyone tell me how bad it is ?
      Is it constant rain of just 1/2hrs a day ?

Cheers,
      Ray.

2 Answers May 3, 2007 at 8:17 AM
    • SOS:malapascua budget accommodation

by halicoryne Online Now Mar 27, 2007 at 11:57 PM

hello, guys,my friends and i are planning on a trip to malapascua but we don't know how much it will cost us especially the accommodation. please advise us what resorts offer cheaper cottages good for six people and food also. thanks

Acerosa

• Dive in Malapascua

by gazza112 Online Now Nov 24, 2006 at 9:46 AM

When is the best season to dive in Malapascua? Your advice is highly appreciated!

2 Answers Dec 22, 2007 at 12:13 AM
    • sirenna's Profile Photo

Sailing in Malapascua

by sirenna Online Now Nov 15, 2006 at 6:26 AM

Are sailboats (of the local variety) available for rent on the island?

• sirenna's Profile Photo

Electricity

by sirenna Online Now Nov 15, 2006 at 6:25 AM

I've heard that Malapascua doesn'thave a 24 hour electricity supply. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced resort which has a generator? I don't need aircon but prefer a fan at night (and rarely can I sleep before 12, so would like a light to read by).
      Thanks.

3 Answers Nov 17, 2006 at 2:40 AM
    • geofftan's Profile Photo

Last trip From Maya to cebu City

by geofftan Online Now Nov 13, 2006 at 8:04 AM

Does anyone here knows whats the time for the last trip from Maya to Cebu City. Im hopin if we can leave Malapascua Island in the afternoon at around 3PM

1 Answer Nov 14, 2006 at 10:43 AM
    • tomorrow

by bradskey69 Online Now Jan 24, 2006 at 1:28 AM

Anyone fancy sharing a boat out to malapascua tomorrow afternoon round 3ish???

• Malapascua beach cottages removal

by frankzorro Online Now Nov 1, 2005 at 2:06 AM

Hi,
      I read somewhere that at Malapascua all small buildings near to the sea have to be removed and that some resorts already are doing this...

My concern is that - in the short term - this demolition it isn't a pretty sight and that maybe it isn't that interesting to go there.

Has someone been there very recently? Is it true?

3 Answers Nov 15, 2006 at 6:30 AM
    • Holy Week Travel

by DVaughan2 Online Now Mar 8, 2005 at 4:10 PM

Hey,

I'm hoping you can help me out - I am travelling in the Philippines for 3 weeks, arriving on the 19th which is obviously the start of Holy Week. I am booked to stay in Boracay for the week after Holy Week which is fine...but obviously Holy Week itself is going to be a very busy time for travelling.

My plan is to spend 3 or 4 days (20th - 24th) in Malapascua which I understand to be much more low key and chilled...but my question is - am I going to have trouble finding available accomodation there during this week if I just turn up on the day, which I plan to do... I am not too bothered where I stay as long as I have a clean room with a bed..

If you think this is going to be a problem can you suggest some places which will accept internet/credit card bookings as I have not found anywhere that seems to offer this facility..

Thanks in advance people

Dave

3 Answers Mar 22, 2005 at 10:21 AM
    • How many days - non divers

by hookedup1 Online Now Feb 27, 2005 at 7:18 PM

Sounds like a great place to pop in for a few days. 2 or 3 days enough. We are not scuba divers, but like to snorkel. Would you say it is worth a visit given our circumstances. Rest of proposed trip would include Boracay, Palawan, possibly Siargao and Manila/Banaue etc.

3 Answers Feb 28, 2005 at 8:08 PM
    • How to get to Malapascua...

by qieffeur Online Now Feb 16, 2005 at 9:58 PM

hello everybody! i want to ask those who are familiar in getting to and from Malaspascua the easiest and cheapest way as possible. and which accomodation is good enough? i need some suggestions. thank you very much in advance! qieffeur

3 Answers Feb 17, 2005 at 12:29 AM
    • sweet_sentiments's Profile Photo

malapascua day trip - possible

by sweet_sentiments Online Now Sep 27, 2004 at 1:52 AM

i'll be heading to cebu this october and i'm thinking of taking a peek to malapascua island....... do you think a day trip from cebu city to this island is possible? like what if i leave from cebu's northern bus terminal at 5am (i'll probably reach maya at 10 atmost) then ride a pumpboat for an hour....by 11 i'll be at malapascua........then maybe i could eat and lounge a little and do some picture taking for 4 hours then head back to cebu city........ what do you think? also, would it be easy to find a bus from maya back to cebu city's terminal? how about a pump boat from malapascua to maya, would that be easy also? thanks!

2 Answers Oct 7, 2004 at 8:36 AM
    • Booking needed now?

by mrjemm Online Now Jun 30, 2004 at 11:32 AM

Hi there Malapascua fans, I am off there in a couple of weeks and am thinking if I should book ahead. Looking in the guides, it seems a lot cheaper than the prices quoted on resort sites. Same with the diving- I want to get out in the water quick as possible, but not sure whether to book ahead (a package?). Rgeards, Jem Mills

3 Answers Jul 11, 2004 at 9:20 PM
    • tangerine.dolphin's Profile Photo

all about malapascua island

by tangerine.dolphin Online Now Apr 14, 2004 at 12:02 AM

where is the best place to stay at malapascua that gives value and convenience for my money?