Malapascua Island Travel Answers

change location
PsychoGrl's Profile Photo

Going to Malapascua

by PsychoGrl Online Now Dec 1, 2007 at 5:31 AM

hi!

i'm planning to go to malapascua on january.. is it true that i could ride a boat from mactan to malapascua? and it will just take 2 hours? and what's the earliest time i could catch a boat/bus going there? either from cebu city & maya or mactan?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Goienaga's Profile Photo

Re: Going to Malapascua

by Goienaga Online Now Dec 1, 2007 at 6:37 AM

I really donĀ“t know if you can reach Malapascua directly from Mactan, but you can go first to Cebu City and then take a bus to Bogo and take the bangka there or go further north to Maya and take a boat there, you can charter a bangka there in Maya also, but they will try to charge cuadruple the price or more. I did the trip five years ago and it was very nice, but if you can, I think that is a better choice to go to Bantayan island instead of Malapascua. Bantayan is a lot bigger and a very nice and peacefull place. To do this trip just go to Hagnaya from Bogo and there take a boat or charter a bangka (same problem as in Maya but, in my opinion, is a better choice there than in Malapascua), if you've got the time make both trips.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • PsychoGrl's Profile Photo

Re: Going to Malapascua

by PsychoGrl Online Now Dec 3, 2007 at 5:29 AM

thanks for your replies. i've heard that bantayan island is better than malapascua. but i hava good friend who's got a personal grievance (for lack of a better term) towards the place and i'd rather honor his wishes. (his "thing" with bantayan is not because of the place, but something awful that happened there)

anyway, i'll just ask again from the person that told me about the boat from mactan to malapascua. thing is, i might be travelling alone and will be on a tight budget. 2,000 to 3,000 per taxi ride to bago (or is it maya) is a little too steep for me. that's why i'm looking for faster and cheaper options

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines