Malapascua Island Travel Answers

change location

Holy Week Travel

by DVaughan2 Online Now Mar 8, 2005 at 4:10 PM

Hey,

I'm hoping you can help me out - I am travelling in the Philippines for 3 weeks, arriving on the 19th which is obviously the start of Holy Week. I am booked to stay in Boracay for the week after Holy Week which is fine...but obviously Holy Week itself is going to be a very busy time for travelling.

My plan is to spend 3 or 4 days (20th - 24th) in Malapascua which I understand to be much more low key and chilled...but my question is - am I going to have trouble finding available accomodation there during this week if I just turn up on the day, which I plan to do... I am not too bothered where I stay as long as I have a clean room with a bed..

If you think this is going to be a problem can you suggest some places which will accept internet/credit card bookings as I have not found anywhere that seems to offer this facility..

Thanks in advance people

Dave

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • asianbelle's Profile Photo

RE: Holy Week Travel

by asianbelle Online Now Mar 8, 2005 at 5:35 PM

Try visiting the sites of Sweet_Sentiments and Mrjemm. They are the "experts" on Malapascua and can probably give suggestions on how they went about booking their accommodation.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • joyful_sun's Profile Photo

by joyful_sun Online Now Mar 8, 2005 at 11:41 PM

Hi Dave,

I am assuming you're a diver? Because if you're not, Malapascua's a pretty long way to go just to chill. You might want to consider Panglao, Bohol instead as this is easier to get to, its got nice beaches too. Although Malapascua is pretty laidback, it is also a diver's paradise so I think most dive resorts will be filled during holyweek, but you can still probably get a room from smaller guesthouses.. if you do dive you can check out http://www.sea-explorers.com and Malapascua Exotic Dive Resort. Cheers.

• laieton's Profile Photo

by laieton Online Now Mar 22, 2005 at 10:21 AM

try white sand bungolows name is cort, is from denmark and a vvery nice person 900 pesos per night on the beach just ask any of the local and they will take you to the place is next door to malditos a great night club as well he is on line I believe as white sand bungalows.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines