Malapascua Island Travel Answers

change location
sweet_sentiments's Profile Photo

malapascua day trip - possible

by sweet_sentiments Online Now Sep 27, 2004 at 1:52 AM

i'll be heading to cebu this october and i'm thinking of taking a peek to malapascua island....... do you think a day trip from cebu city to this island is possible? like what if i leave from cebu's northern bus terminal at 5am (i'll probably reach maya at 10 atmost) then ride a pumpboat for an hour....by 11 i'll be at malapascua........then maybe i could eat and lounge a little and do some picture taking for 4 hours then head back to cebu city........ what do you think? also, would it be easy to find a bus from maya back to cebu city's terminal? how about a pump boat from malapascua to maya, would that be easy also? thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: malapascua day trip - possible

by mrjemm Online Now Sep 27, 2004 at 3:08 AM

The pump boats are pretty regular, but you may have to wait a while for one, and that's from both ends I mean. If it's just for taking pics, I wouldn't bother, you can have some of mine! It's an incredibly long journey for little purpose, I wouldn't envy you this journey, and as much as I like Malapascua, I don't think it is a worthwhile one. Regards, Jem

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • doofus's Profile Photo

Re: malapascua day trip - possible

by doofus Online Now Oct 7, 2004 at 8:36 AM

In a word -- NO. What's the point? If you travel around like that you will have a heart attack. You ALWAYS have to be ready for the unexpected. Always give yourself time. The less you see the more you remember -- the more you see the more you forget. Anyway - it is up to you. Take care and have a good trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines