Malang Travel Answers

change location

accommodation in malang

by musaphir Online Now May 14, 2008 at 12:07 PM

hi

i am planning to stay at the katrika graha malang.this hotel claims to be the biggest entertainment centre in malang. is anyone aware of the kind of entertainment facilities available at this property e.g. is is this family entertainment or a karaoke type which might be noise pollutive. how is this property in terms of location - connectivity to the shopping areas and retaurants etc.

is malang (city centre) spread over an expansive area or it could be explored on foot.

what are the similar budget alternatives.
musaphir

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • Roxhyta's Profile Photo

Re: accommodation in malang

by Roxhyta Online Now May 14, 2008 at 9:39 PM

I stayed there, yes they have karaoke room, but small. they have mini zoo, swiming pool, shopping area??? NO Restaurant??? Well take car or Taxi. Its in a good location for hotel, coz hotels are spread over the street, infront of Kartika, there'a hotel too name Orchid, I've been there too.

Kartika Wijaya is bigger and better I guest, Orchid is more calm.
    Both are good hotel in Malang. About Night Life, you can go to Hugos. thats the biggest club in Malang, they also have in Surabaya, Balikpapan, Jakarta, etc.
    Its not too far from there.

Hey, Kartika Wijaya is not in Malang but in Batu!! so try this http://www.klubbunga.com/

have a nice trip!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: accommodation in malang

by devantopratomo Online Now May 15, 2008 at 4:13 AM

Hi Musaphir,

Kartika Graha hotel is well located in Malang. It's only about 15-20 minutes walk to the heart of Malang (shopping centre/alun-alun), although there's plenty of public transportation (mikrolet or taxi) outside the hotel. I never tried the entertainment, but I know that they have karaoke, nite club and discotheque.
    Another hotel with similar budget and facilities, check http://www.hotelregentspark.com. It is located in the same street with Kartika Graha.

Enjoy....

by musaphir Online Now May 15, 2008 at 4:42 AM

hi Roxhyta
    thank you for your response. i was talking about kartika graha not the kartika wijaya. i believe kartika graha is in malang. can you please clarify if we are talking about the same property.
    regards
    musaphir

• Roxhyta's Profile Photo

by Roxhyta Online Now May 15, 2008 at 10:17 PM

Oh I see, theres alos hotel name Kartika Graha but located in malang. I thought was the one in Batu. Well, my mistake. I never been there, and never heard of it of it. Well i know the most famous hotel in Malang is Hotel Tugu, people said is creepy, coz there are old pictures from people in the past, but its the best hotel and very historical, you may see the website too. But the price maybe a bit higher. But why not visit it once you in Malang, its also a historical site!!

Roxhyta

• theo1006's Profile Photo

by theo1006 Online Now May 18, 2008 at 3:37 AM

Hi Musaphir,

I was out of town a few days, so I am ratheer late responding.
    On this site you will find a map of Malang:
    eastjava.com/map/image/malan...

The city centre is the neighbourhood of Jalan Tugu and Merdeka square.

Enjoy your stay.
    Theo

by musaphir Online Now May 20, 2008 at 5:00 AM

hi theo1006

it is an excellent map of malang on the site given by you.

any suggestion for a mid-range centrally located malang and batu hotel.
    regards
    musaphir

• theo1006's Profile Photo

by theo1006 Online Now May 21, 2008 at 6:44 AM

Hi Musaphir,

I have no personal experience with hotels in Malang, that's why I suggested that you browse the VT tips on Malang hotels.
    A more complete list of hotels you find on the Malang Goverment Website: www.pemkot-malang.go.id (in Indonesian, but I think that won't be a problem for you).
    Look under Fasilitas Daerah > Hotel. The budget hotels are called 'Melati'. The quality of Melati hotels varies - some are rundown and dirty, but some are quite acceptable. Unfortunately the list does not give any indication.
    There is also more information on public transport: Fasilitas - Transportasi. Among others a list of trains. The Jember-Banyuwangi train should pass by Probolinggo.
    And there is a reference to a Google satellite maps that you may compare with the streetmap on the other website: Sekilas Malang > Peta Kota Malang.

You ask for centrally located hotel in Batu. Are you aware that Batu is about 15 km from Malang uphill to the west?

Regards,
    Theo

• duit_d's Profile Photo

by duit_d Online Now Mar 8, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines