Málaga Travel Answers

change location

AVE WIFI

by roypaun Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I am traveling from Malaga to Madrid on Friday (29 March) by AVE. Is it possible to use my laptop and connect to the Internet while I am traveling? hanks for any help.

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Luckell's Profile Photo

Re: AVE WIFI

by Luckell Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Hey there! They don't have WiFi onboard the AVE trains. At least not in third and second class and unfortunately I don't think they have in first class either. But there is tv onboard. The AVE trains are very comfortable. The duration of the journey is about 2-3 hours. I think you can do it though it would be nice with WiFi. Have a nice trip and good luck! Enjoy your stay in Spain!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: AVE WIFI

by roypaun Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I thought I read somewhere on Google that the AVE trains did have WIFI. I know I saw that all the seats have electrical sockets for laptops. Anyway, thanks a lot for your help. Much appreciated.

• Luckell's Profile Photo

by Luckell Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Well I also read about the AVE trains on internet but I didn't found anything about WiFi. I also asked my dad in Spain (he has traveled a lot between Malaga and Madrid with train) and he said they don't have. Many trains have electrical sockets for phone charging or what ever but it doesn't always mean that they have WiFi. I am sorry man, hopefully I'm wrong but I don't think so.. I wish you though a pleasent journey. Enjoy the views from the train as it rushes out in 300 km/h.

• WomBatt's Profile Photo

by WomBatt Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 2:00 AM

I have no recollection of WiFi on the AVEs and it will be some time before I need a journey.
    There is no mention on the relevant page here under On Board Services - renfe.com/EN/viajeros/larga_...

• Re: AVE WIFI

by roypaun Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 6:19 AM

Okay guys (?!!!). Thanks for all the replies. Guess I will just enjoy the view as it rushes past !!!

• Belsaita's Profile Photo

by Belsaita Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Sadly, there is no wi-fi in the AVE trains (yet). And knowing RENFE, I doubt it will be for free when they decide to implement it.

Regarding electrical sockets, it depends on the train model, some only have electrical sockets in all the seats in business class, and only in some seats in tourist class. Get your batteries charged before your trip and download a good film to your laptop :-)

1 member found this helpful

• taticarrere's Profile Photo

by taticarrere Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 3:02 AM

There is no wifi available in ave train

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines